Keep Marysville White

It was a racist question to begin with and pretty ridiculous one at that. So the residents in a community are now responsible for making their neighborhoods more diverse? How do you do that? When someone is selling you tell them they can only sell to certain race? How about just letting people live their lives how and where they want to without government getting involved.
The way to make a community more diverse is to welcome all races, ethnicities and religions. Who actually moves into the community will dependent on the cost of living and jobs. So a community with a high cost of living and more higher paying jobs who welcome minorities will likely have a more diverse religious population, more gay and lesbians, more European and Middle Eastern than Hispanics and Blacks. For poorer communities, the reverse is true.

What? Do communities post signs that say "white only"? If so I haven't seen them. Anyone can go live where ever they want in this country. With that said, neighbors can also keep to themselves if they wish. You're forcing your world view on others. Some people just want to be left alone to live their lives how they choose without anyone else bothering them, which is totally fine.
Yes, people can live wherever they want but people do not like to live in places where they aren't wanted. By electing city officials that are all white, no Jews, Muslims, Blacks, Hispanics sends a message as to what type of town this is. Creating public spaces and parks only in white non-ethnic neighborhoods. Depiction of only White Americans in the public displays, murals, and statues and making sure all signs are in English only sends a strong message. However, the strongest weapon is the people of the town. By cultivating an anti-diversity environment, the town is sure to attract it's share of racists and people who have strong prejudices against those of other faiths and cultures, as well as those with un-American ideas.

A few well placed signs such as following popping up from time to time will get the message across.

SandpointFlier.JPG

Legacy Of Hate: The Specter Of North Idaho's Past Still Haunts Region

Your trying to force people how to live through government. I hate racism just as much as you do (I'm 50% Hispanic and I've seen plenty of racism), but you can't force people to see the world through your eyes. There's no doubt racists are in the minority now. Regardless, I don't want a statue of a Hispanic for the sake of just having a Hispanic, and I certainly don't want a Hispanic in government if your sole purpose if just to have a Hispanic there. Minorities who are qualified will get those positions. Minorities who deserve a status will eventually get one. But I'm not going to tear down white statues because I want to see a Hispanic. It's makes no sense and it's really not that far off from what a racist would do. This isn't the 1950's anymore, stop legislating like it is. Because if you keep doing what you're doing then eventually you'll become the very thing you despise.
I'm not saying we should force people to do anything. I believe towns and cities should welcome all races, ethnic groups, and religions. There are lots of ways of doing this that don't force anyone to do anything. For example provide Spanish translations of documents and signs in government buildings. Businesses and government offices that provide vital services such as pharmacies, hospitals, police, fire, ect should have translation services readily available. These services can be surprisingly inexpensive but can be a real life saver. Welcome packs to the city should material for foreigners. Communities that are supportive of diversity not only attract different ethnic groups but also attract large businesses.

I suppose if a community is seeking high rollers from Japan or China or Mexico to bring their money to a town, sure, pandering to those folks by talking to them in their own languages is fine.

But as far as attracting and welcoming common working type folks, they'll follow the work. There were no government forms in Polish, or Slovak or Lithuanian, Serbo Croatian or Ukrainian in Ohio, when my grandparents migrated to America.

Didn't stop them at all. Some of the people who were already here called them "hunkies" and "pollocks" and "Honkies" and "Gringos".
So they returned the favor, by slurring them with Polish terms of endearment.

Diversity is achieved by providing opportunities for migrants. Not by pandering to them. Besides, communities need people to contribute, not to come and be dependent.

It was a racist question to begin with and pretty ridiculous one at that. So the residents in a community are now responsible for making their neighborhoods more diverse? How do you do that? When someone is selling you tell them they can only sell to certain race? How about just letting people live their lives how and where they want to without government getting involved.
The way to make a community more diverse is to welcome all races, ethnicities and religions. Who actually moves into the community will dependent on the cost of living and jobs. So a community with a high cost of living and more higher paying jobs who welcome minorities will likely have a more diverse religious population, more gay and lesbians, more European and Middle Eastern than Hispanics and Blacks. For poorer communities, the reverse is true.

What? Do communities post signs that say "white only"? If so I haven't seen them. Anyone can go live where ever they want in this country. With that said, neighbors can also keep to themselves if they wish. You're forcing your world view on others. Some people just want to be left alone to live their lives how they choose without anyone else bothering them, which is totally fine.
Yes, people can live wherever they want but people do not like to live in places where they aren't wanted. By electing city officials that are all white, no Jews, Muslims, Blacks, Hispanics sends a message as to what type of town this is. Creating public spaces and parks only in white non-ethnic neighborhoods. Depiction of only White Americans in the public displays, murals, and statues and making sure all signs are in English only sends a strong message. However, the strongest weapon is the people of the town. By cultivating an anti-diversity environment, the town is sure to attract it's share of racists and people who have strong prejudices against those of other faiths and cultures, as well as those with un-American ideas.

A few well placed signs such as following popping up from time to time will get the message across.

SandpointFlier.JPG

Your trying to force people how to live through government. I hate racism just as much as you do (I'm 50% Hispanic and I've seen plenty of racism), but you can't force people to see the world through your eyes. There's no doubt racists are in the minority now. Regardless, I don't want a statue of a Hispanic for the sake of just having a Hispanic, and I certainly don't want a Hispanic in government if your sole purpose if just to have a Hispanic there. Minorities who are qualified will get those positions. Minorities who deserve a status will eventually get one. But I'm not going to tear down white statues because I want to see a Hispanic. It's makes no sense and it's really not that far off from what a racist would do. This isn't the 1950's anymore, stop legislating like it is. Because if you keep doing what you're doing then eventually you'll become the very thing you despise.
I'm not saying we should force people to do anything. I believe towns and cities should welcome all races, ethnic groups, and religions. There are lots of ways of doing this that don't force anyone to do anything. For example provide Spanish translations of documents and signs in government buildings. Businesses and government offices that provide vital services such as pharmacies, hospitals, police, fire, ect should have translation services readily available. These services can be surprisingly inexpensive but can be a real life saver. Welcome packs to the city should material for foreigners. Communities that are supportive of diversity not only attract different ethnic groups but also attract large businesses.
Then why is it that you never say anything when only white communities are welcoming to other races and non-white communities never put in any effort to welcome anyone?

Yes, people can live wherever they want but people do not like to live in places where they aren't wanted. By electing city officials that are all white, no Jews, Muslims, Blacks, Hispanics sends a message to what type of town this is. Creating public spaces and parks only in white non-ethnic neighborhoods. Depiction of only White Americans in the public displays, murals, and statues and making sure all signs are in English only sends a strong message. However, the strongest weapon is the people of the town. By cultivating an anti-diversity environment, the town is sure to attract it's share of racists and people who have strong prejudices against those of other faiths and cultures, as well as those with un-American ideas.

SandpointFlier.JPG

Again Sandpoint, Idaho is a community that is 0.1% black. The opinion of the natives of that town are based on TV and movie representation of black people, not on any personal interactions between Sandpointonians and blacks.

Why is the main stream media presenting blacks in such a light of negativity?
So few people of color live in northern Idaho, long-time residents simply don't have a chance to know people of other ethnic backgrounds. Over the last 30 years, a number of white supremacist have moved into northern Idaho which has created an Image of Sandpoint as a racist haven.

Sandpoint is a good example of a mono-cultural society and why a more diverse environment would benefit the town. There are practically no Jews or Muslims in Sandpoint Less than 2% of the people are Catholic. Only a dozen or so blacks live in the town. A community as homogeneous as Sandpoint is a community with very narrow views. That might at first seem like a great environment where everyone sees the world through the same glasses but it's not. In solving problems, diverse groups come up with more creative solutions. This is why businesses are almost all local or regional. National businesses as well as most people of ethnic descent would find Sandpoint not to their liking which is a shame because it is truly a beautiful area.

Lite house Dressing is a national brand of refrigerated dressings that call Sandpoint, ID. home.

As far a beautiful, it has Lake Pend Oreille. To me it is nothing more than a tourist trap. They say the sking up at Schweitzer is great but I don’t ski and they don’t take care of their roads to the ski area.

I’m not sure why people live in those areas, to begin with. They offer little to minorities and minorities tend to stick with those they are like. It is the mentality of people.

Take a look at minor league baseball a mix of Caribbean, Cuban, S. American, blacks, white Americans and when traveling, they form friendships and bonds with some teammates, however as a rule, they segregate themselves. People find it difficult to move out of their comfort zones.
I've been to the Sandpoint area a number of times camping and fishing. Haven't really spent that much time in town. Even today you will find a lot posted property, many with signs indicating you may be shot if you enter. I've seen a few racist signs in various places but I have never had any conversations with a white supremacists in the area. I've notice a lot of people are a bit clannish. They are not a traditional conservative area like most of Idaho. And I agree it is a tourist trap.

Mark Forman is supposed to live in the area, I have never seen him, however I am only there a couple weekends a year and I go through there on my way to Canada.

Now we know why Welsh are not welcome in England.
Not by the livestock, anyway.

The OP would rather create a thread about this obscure American town with the one woman who says I'd prefer it stay mostly white than concern himself with the English political prisoner languishing in jail for having the nerve to point out
English officials were complicit in the rape and degradation of thousands of UK young girls by drug and rape gangs.

He's a fucking waste of skin. A real shit bag! Mind your own business, prick.
The thread has had a lot of response which suggests that it is a subject of some interest. I dont understand your bullshit about political prisoners. We dont have any.

SandpointFlier.JPG

Translation services in hospitals and police. Sure I'll go with that. But overall I'm so glad there weren't any translations when my Hispanic side of the family moved here back in the 60's. They all learned English and assimilated. Now they are better off for it. Ironically, some of them have had jobs translating. Make no mistake those family members never lost their culture and never forgot where they came from, but they became Americans. Interesting, they all support Trump and the wall.

I would just advise to be careful. I can tell you some of these Hispanic groups don't want whites or blacks in their neighborhood. Not all, but a small portion. Racist are in the minority, but it comes from all groups. I just tend to let people live how they want.

The thread has had a lot of response which suggests that it is a subject of some interest. I dont understand your bullshit about political prisoners. We dont have any.
You deal in race baiting so of course there is response.
And you know who your political prisoner is....someone who is now in prison because he threw a light onto English government officials who covered up and enabled Pakistani drug and rape
gangs to operate throughout the north of England for years.

The guy who drew attention to crimes is made a criminal himself by dim witted quislings like yourself. I can understand how you'd rather not recognize that.

SandpointFlier.JPG

Then why is it that you never say anything when only white communities are welcoming to other races and non-white communities never put in any effort to welcome anyone?
Whites are welcoming to other races? When did this happen?

SandpointFlier.JPG

I suppose if a community is seeking high rollers from Japan or China or Mexico to bring their money to a town, sure, pandering to those folks by talking to them in their own languages is fine.

But as far as attracting and welcoming common working type folks, they'll follow the work. There were no government forms in Polish, or Slovak or Lithuanian, Serbo Croatian or Ukrainian in Ohio, when my grandparents migrated to America.

Didn't stop them at all. Some of the people who were already here called them "hunkies" and "pollocks" and "Honkies" and "Gringos".
So they returned the favor, by slurring them with Polish terms of endearment.

Diversity is achieved by providing opportunities for migrants. Not by pandering to them. Besides, communities need people to contribute, not to come and be dependent.
It sounds like Ohio must have a bunch of Slavic Nazis. Even the head Nazi Hitler was a dirty Slav. His real name was Hiedlarcek.

For the first hour of the election forum in Marysville, Michigan, on Thursday night the debate between the five candidates for a city council seat dealt with the local subjects you might expect – how to improve Little League fields, new real estate developments and the like.

Then the question came: “Do you believe the diversity of our community needs to be looked at?”

First to answer was Jean Cramer, a local resident running her first political campaign. She replied: “Keep Marysville a white community as much as possible.”

Good heavens. I wonder what party she was representing ?
A fine Republican woman

Mark Forman is supposed to live in the area, I have never seen him, however I am only there a couple weekends a year and I go through there on my way to Canada.
North Idaho is one of the most beautiful areas of the country and my brother lives there at this time.

It is largely rural and mountainous and known as an outdoorsmen's paradise. If you don't hunt of fish there isn't much reason to be there.
It was a stronghold for a time of skinheads but the Spokane FBI office busted up that area pretty well.

I've heard of Couer d'Alene, Sandpoint, etc. referred to as "tourist traps" but tourism is a vital industry there.
Nothing wrong with that.

The region's largest city (Spokane) has an NAACP chapter (Rachel Dolezal) and gay pride events but it has always been
a conservative area. I remember seeing John Birch billboards on family trips into Canada way back when. It is the counterpoint to Seattle in Washington.

North Idaho is one of the most beautiful areas of the country and my brother lives there at this time.

It is largely rural and mountainous and known as an outdoorsmen's paradise. If you don't hunt of fish there isn't much reason to be there.
It was a stronghold for a time of skinheads but the Spokane FBI office busted up that area pretty well.

I've heard of Couer d'Alene, Sandpoint, etc. referred to as "tourist traps" but tourism is a vital industry there.
Nothing wrong with that.

The region's largest city (Spokane) has an NAACP chapter (Rachel Dolezal) and gay pride events but it has always been
a conservative area. I remember seeing John Birch billboards on family trips into Canada way back when. It is the counterpoint to Seattle in Washington.

Spokane is a very liberal city, there is the rise in homeless people, Border Patrol are banned from city property and bus companies such as Greyhound, Jefferson Lines and Northwest Trailways have been pressured to not allow them on their property. You also have the City Council changing four lane streets back to two lane streets in attempts to “ beautify the city, which in turns creates congestion and reduces traffic flow and less business along formerly popular streets. Tourism is big in Coeur d’Alene, it’s okay, other than the lake there to me is little to see. I prefer the St. Maries area, also the Kalispell area, but to each his own.

Spokane is a very liberal city, there is the rise in homeless people,
It's certainly more liberal than it used to be. Never heard of it described as "liberal" before.
I am a native of Spokane and I know this is going back more than a little but when the Murphy Brown show wanted to make fun of fly over yokels there was a running bit about a panel of Spokane viewers who were brought in to provide opinion from average Americans, which always greatly annoyed Brown, as the great liberal news lady.

Border Patrol are banned from city property and bus companies such as Greyhound, Jefferson Lines and Northwest Trailways have been pressured to not allow them on their property.
That could be due to state
sanctuary policy. This guy.... Sheriff Knezovich sounds off on Washington's new "sanctuary" state law | FOX 28 Spokane ....is not having any of Jay Inslee's nonsense and the mayor says the city is not a sanctuary refuge for
illegals.

You also have the City Council changing four lane streets back to two lane streets in attempts to “ beautify the city, which in turns creates congestion and reduces traffic flow and less business along formerly popular streets. Tourism is big in Coeur d’Alene, it’s okay, other than the lake there to me is little to see. I prefer the St. Maries area, also the Kalispell area, but to each his own.
I have no opinion on the one way/two way issue.
My brother is in Spirit Lake and I plan to visit before winter hits.

Last edited:

Nothing wrong with that.

Couer d'Alene and Sandpoint are retirement communities for LAPD.

Spokane is a very liberal city, there is the rise in homeless people,
It's certainly more liberal than it used to be. Never heard of it described as "liberal" before.
I am a native of Spokane and I know this is going back more than a little but when the Murphy Brown show wanted to make fun of fly over yokels there was a running bit about a panel of Spokane viewers who were brought in to provide opinion from average Americans, which always greatly annoyed Brown, as the great liberal news lady.

Border Patrol are banned from city property and bus companies such as Greyhound, Jefferson Lines and Northwest Trailways have been pressured to not allow them on their property.
That could be due to state
sanctuary policy. This guy.... Sheriff Knezovich sounds off on Washington's new "sanctuary" state law | FOX 28 Spokane ....is not having any of Jay Inslee's nonsense and the mayor says the city is not a sanctuary refuge for
illegals.

You also have the City Council changing four lane streets back to two lane streets in attempts to “ beautify the city, which in turns creates congestion and reduces traffic flow and less business along formerly popular streets. Tourism is big in Coeur d’Alene, it’s okay, other than the lake there to me is little to see. I prefer the St. Maries area, also the Kalispell area, but to each his own.
I have no opinion on the one way/two way issue.
My brother is in Spirit Lake and I plan to visit before winter hits.

The city approved of the Border Patrol restrictions.
Spokane council approves rules restricting Border Patrol searches at bus station

Spirit Lake is beautiful and not that remote. We have employees that live in that area.

Nothing wrong with that.

Couer d'Alene and Sandpoint are retirement communities for LAPD.

I know a former LAPD that lives in Coeur d'Alene, to conservative for LA.

Where do they come up with this stuff? A freaking left wing Brit quotes a citizen of Marysville Mich. named Jean Cramer and makes a profound assumption about life here in the Colonies. Meanwhile the Brits are struggling with the will of the people they don't want to deal with and the favorite name for a newborn male child in foggy London is still "Mohammed".

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2018/oct/22/council-passes-law-restricting-border-patrol-searc/
Okay, not sanctuary policy but not exactly letting alone ICE to do their work either. A mixed bag.
I'm sure sheriff Knezovich disapproves.

Spirit Lake is beautiful and not that remote. We have employees that live in that area.
Yes. My brother lived in the Peone prarie in Spokane county, then moved to Colorado and now is in Spirit Lake.

Okay, not sanctuary policy but not exactly letting alone ICE to do their work either. A mixed bag.
I'm sure sheriff Knezovich disapproves.

Yes. My brother lived in the Peone prarie in Spokane county, then moved to Colorado and now is in Spirit Lake.

I love Knez, he works for the people and cuts to the chase. The area could sure use more of his influence. He was very outspoken during after the Freeman shooting. He placed the blame on this culture of no accountability. Where parents defend their kids and are very sensitive to any criticism. He gave a great radio interview.

I love Knez, he works for the people and cuts to the chase. The area could sure use more of his influence. He was very outspoken during after the Freeman shooting. He placed the blame on this culture of no accountability. Where parents defend their kids and are very sensitive to any criticism. He gave a great radio interview.
It's good to have another voice from the PNW. I am in Oregon now but still intend to spawn northward and eastward.

Forum List

Back