Kentucky clerk is a democrat

She is in contempt and in custody.

Good job on making a martyr.

I believe this is what she has wanted from the beginning. She has no one to blame but herself.

Considering how quietly she went into custody, I don't think she feels like blaming anyone, particularly herself.
Well she has only herself to blame. Even Jesus isn't buying this shit...

Kind of like how MLK only had himself to blame for being sent to the Birmingham jail?

:lol: "The GOP knows this and they will harvest ungodly numbers of a silent majority in 2016 if they play their cards right." is the silliest statement of the day. Marriage Equality is here to stay, and the clerk will follow the law or go. No ifs ands or buts.

For that to happen she has to be voted out, or impeached. Good luck.
Nope. The court keeps her in federal custody and the county court or commission orders a deputy clerk to issue certificates. The law will be followed. The judge does not have to leave her in a federal lock up close to home. He can put her in one down in New Orleans if he wants.

I believe this is what she has wanted from the beginning. She has no one to blame but herself.

Considering how quietly she went into custody, I don't think she feels like blaming anyone, particularly herself.

Did you think she was going to resist? Of course not. She made herself a martyr and no one else.

:lol: "The GOP knows this and they will harvest ungodly numbers of a silent majority in 2016 if they play their cards right." is the silliest statement of the day. Marriage Equality is here to stay, and the clerk will follow the law or go. No ifs ands or buts.

Nope. The court keeps her in federal custody and the county court or commission orders a deputy clerk to issue certificates.

She's still the clerk by election, so she has to kept locked up until she is impeached or loses the next election, unless you want her going right back to work.

"Because she is an elected official, Davis, a Democrat, can’t be fired from the position for refusing to comply with the court order. If she is found guilty of misconduct, Davis could be imprisoned for up to a year, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal. The state legislature can also vote to impeach her, the paper noted, though that seems unlikely since most Kentucky voters oppose same-sex marriage."

The defiant Kim Davis, the Ky. clerk who refuses to issue gay marriage licenses
Yes she is.
We'll tell your friends to stop knocking republicans about this.

Republicans are the only ones supporting her.

Did you think she was going to resist? Of course not. She made herself a martyr and no one else.

I didn't think she would physically resist, but she didn't even complain, unlike all those occupy twits we saw a few years ago.

Nope. The court keeps her in federal custody and the county court or commission orders a deputy clerk to issue certificates.

She's still the clerk by election, so she has to kept locked up until she is impeached or loses the next election, unless you want her going right back to work.
Works for me...

Doesn't work too well from a PR standpoint.

Well she has only herself to blame. Even Jesus isn't buying this shit...

Kind of like how MLK only had himself to blame for being sent to the Birmingham jail?
Not even close. He was right, she's a dumb bitch. He was fighting for rights, she's fighting to deny them.

Works for me...

Couldn't care less. The message is loud and clear, do your fucking job and leave Jesus at home when you serve the taxpayers...

What difference does it make if she is a conservative or a progressive.
She is wrong! Period.

"Because she is an elected official, Davis, a Democrat, can’t be fired from the position for refusing to comply with the court order. If she is found guilty of misconduct, Davis could be imprisoned for up to a year, according to the Louisville Courier-Journal. The state legislature can also vote to impeach her, the paper noted, though that seems unlikely since most Kentucky voters oppose same-sex marriage."

The defiant Kim Davis, the Ky. clerk who refuses to issue gay marriage licenses
It makes a difference cuz ya all thought she was a republican. But she's not.

Look I don't care about gay marriage.

But knocking the whole Republican Party on account of this chick is incorrect.

She's a democrat. Her family is all democrat. Her mom who had the job before her is a democrat.

Then tell the republicans to quit publicly supporting her. You can't expect them to speak their mind but prevent anyone from responding.

OK, the federal judge has told the deputy clerks to issue certificates or join the boss in detention. They all can be "martyrs."

I didn't think she would physically resist, but she didn't even complain, unlike all those occupy twits we saw a few years ago.

She handled it with grace but she was still in violation of the law. They should just take her stupid fucking name off the licenses so someone else in her office can marry people again. Then everyone can all move with their lives. lol.

Works for me...

Couldn't care less. The message is loud and clear, do your fucking job and leave Jesus at home when you serve the taxpayers...

So I assume you wanted Gavin Newsom arrested when he issued SSM licenses against state law back in 2004?

Oh wait, you are a fucking hypocrite.

Works for me...

So I assume you wanted Gavin Newsom arrested when he issued SSM licenses against state law back in 2004?

Oh wait, you are a fucking hypocrite.
Obey the law, or face the consequences. It's not a difficult concept to grasp, for most.

Forum List

Back