Keystone pipeline spilling 200k gallons all over Dakota.

Trans Canada crews are the best in the business. They had the pipeline shut down and located the damage in 15 minutes. That's damn awesome.

"The section of pipe along a right-of-way approximately 35 miles (56 kilometres) south of the Ludden pump station in Marshall County, South Dakota was completely isolated within 15 minutes and emergency response procedures were activated."

2017-11-16:TransCanada responds to oil leak in Amherst, South Dakota

Thats an awesome response time but that doesnt make 200 gallons less

It beats rail and barge all to hell though. To me it's become pick your poison and especially after having lived thru more than a few rail nightmares up here I'll run with pipeline every time.

The trial of Lac Megantic is now ongoing. My heavens the horror of this rail disaster is breathtaking.

Audio
'It looks like the apocalypse': MMA workers didn't fathom it was their train burning, Lac-Mégantic trial hears
Explicit language warning: audio recordings reveal railway men's horror, realizing their fuel train's on fire

canada-train.jpg

Downtown Lac-Mégantic was ablaze in the early morning of July 6, 2013 after a runaway train loaded with crude oil derailed, exploded and caught fire. Montreal, Maine and Atlantic railworkers didn't realize at first it was their train. (Reuters)

'It looks like the apocalypse': MMA workers didn't fathom it was their train burning, Lac-Mégantic trial hears

You are always style over substance. Ohhh fire. Dirty ground doesnt look at menacing so yanno. If you're looking for something with no flaws I apologize that just doesnt exist.

stupid shit runs her mouth like a Nitro Funny Car then vanishes as soon as she gets trapped in her bullshit, and pretends it never happened.

Fuck off douche bag. I've researched pipelines for years. It's the safest way to move crude. You don't like it? Too fucking bad.
Crude, maybe. But Tar Sands? Doesn't it have to be heated and moved under high pressure? That's why such "spills" are so big. They don't drip, they blast.

It's difficult getting good video on tar sands spraying out because as soon as it happens, it's blocked off and people can't get near enough to video.
And once it starts, they can turn if off, but the section that's leaking will continue to leak until the pressure drops enough to make repairs.

Wouldn't it be good if more energy was produced close to where it was used?
Some sort of 'alternative' method or methods of producing power so that less oil needed to be transported.

The oil spilled UNDERGROUND.

Where does oil come from?

:rofl:
But THAT particlar oil comes from Canada's tar sand pits. Its some thick nasty stuff. And the thickness means its concentrated...

Looks like the poor Indians and poor caucasians living in the area get screwed.
And when strange cancers start showing up in the local populace the poor.sons of pilgrims may not have access to health care if Trump has his way....

everyones favorite pipeline is doing just what everyone feared .

Probably all over some tribes burial site .

Keystone Pipeline leaks 210,000 gallons of oil in South Dakota
1. The spill is contained..
2. The pipe lines safety shut down protocol functioned as designed and the actual oil lost is about 10,000 gallons. (equivalent of one semi-tractor/trailer)
3. Clean up is happening rapidly
4. Evidence of pipe line sabotage is present...

Let me guess... Some left wing enviro-wacko damaged the pipeline for political purposes... and here you all are screaming like little bitches just like it was set up to be done.. False Flag event.... Same Shit Different Day from left wing hactivists.. I am going to laugh my ass off when the FBI arrests the people responsible..

But THAT particlar oil comes from Canada's tar sand pits. Its some thick nasty stuff. And the thickness means its concentrated...

And when strange cancers start showing up in the local populace the poor.sons of pilgrims may not have access to health care if Trump has his way....
The thickness doesn't mean it's concentrated. That means it contaminated.
In the Middle East, the oil is found in discrete pools. Easy to pump. In Canada, it's soaked into the earth and in shale. So the whole mess is ground up, heated and pumped under high pressure.

2. The pipe lines safety shut down protocol functioned as designed and the actual oil lost is about 10,000 gallons. (equivalent of one semi-tractor/trailer)

Let me guess... Some left wing enviro-wacko damaged the pipeline for political purposes... and here you all are screaming like little bitches just like it was set up to be done.. False Flag event.... Same Shit Different Day from left wing hactivists.. I am going to laugh my ass off when the FBI arrests the people responsible..
Fantasy.

The thickness doesn't mean it's concentrated. That means it contaminated.
In the Middle East, the oil is found in discrete pools. Easy to pump. In Canada, it's soaked into the earth and in shale. So the whole mess is ground up, heated and pumped under high pressure.
It's not ground up, asshole. The oil is washed from the sand. It's thick because it's oil composed from longer hydrocarbon chains than Saudi oil. All kinds of oil is extracted. It's not all the same. The most desirable kind is from Libya and is called "sweet crude." Some of the least desirable comes from Canada and Venezuela. They are much harder to refine.

Fantasy.
Too bad the facts tell us your the one in fantasy land..

200,000 gallons is less than 1/3rd the size of an Olympic size swimming pool.
Well now, if one spills an olympic sized swimming pool all over some acreage in the Dakotas, those acres will be forever grateful. But if you spill that much oil all over the same acreage in the Dakotas, those acres are going to be a long time dead. Prairie plants don't grow so good in oil.

Quit whining about it, you’ve never been up here most progressives have never been up here. There’s nothing to lose - you stupid ass motherfucker. Quit falling down the well
Dumb cocksuck, been all over North and South Dakota. Plenty to lose. And, with assholes like you pushing it, much will be lost. The Native Americans of Standing Rock were completely correct. And they began a movement that still exists, they brought together many indigenous people together, with many of the rest of us joining in to protect the world that we will be handing to our grandchildren.

the oil experts that produce bit oil dont know how to clean the hit up, but the UBER-SMART BOARD REPUBLICANS KNOW HOW !!!!!!
I know we have never not cleaned one up. So far we are doing a good job of clean up despite how difficult it can be...
Goddamned liar. The damage from spills will be there hundreds of years from now. We learned that in Alaska.

Do you have any clue how serious that is? Have you ever seen an oil spill and do you realize what's involved in cleaning one up?

Not to mention it's sitting on the second largest aquifer in the world...in the world...in the world.

Which supplies water for about a dozen surrounding states.

Ogallala Aquifer

300px-Ogallala_saturated_thickness_1997-sattk97-v2.svg.png

This spill is crude oil from tar sands, btw. Which is the dirtiest stuff out of all of the crudes. Tar sands oil is much thicker and stickier than traditional oil.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight. It's so bad because the Keystone is the only pipeline right across the Ogalala.

:lol:

ogallala_aquifer_map-2.jpg
Well now, shall we just ignore some rather important points here, Tiny? Like most of those lines are natural gas, no danger to the aquifer. And where are the formations that feed the aquifer?

3.5 Ogallala Aquifer & Nebraskan SandHills Potentially Threatened by the Keystone XL Pipeline | Environmental ScienceBites

3.5 Ogallala Aquifer & Nebraskan SandHills Potentially Threatened by the Keystone XL Pipeline
Previous
Next
Lee Seitz
The transcontinental Keystone XL Pipeline has the potential to contaminate a large Nebraskan water supply. What are the available alternatives to the pipeline that could prevent this possible contamination?
Figure-1_1024px-Nebraska_Sandhills_NE97_Hooker_County_3-1024x566.jpg

Figure 1. The Sandhills of Nebraska are considered their own unique ecoregion. The region is characterized by a mixed-grass prairie on grass-stabilized sand dunes.
Photograph from Ammodramus, 2010. Public Domain.

The United States’ addiction to oil methodically follows a narrow-minded and myopic focus in the pursuit of the most advantageous route to obtaining “black gold”. The environment and national security are often victims in the procurement of oil by the United States. The Keystone XL Pipeline has great potential to be another chapter in oil production’s detrimental relationship toward nature. If completed, the pipeline will stretch 2,735 kilometers (1,700 miles) from the Tar Sands in Alberta, Canada to refineries in Houston, Texas.1 Some proposals for completing the pipeline put it directly over an important and fragile aquifer in Nebraska. This aquifer provides water for a large portion of the agriculturally rich Midwestern state.2 Routing the pipeline over the Nebraskan aquifer would endanger the water supply through its construction over the shallow groundwater and potential for oil leakage. In 2013, Nebraska Governor, Dave Heineman, approved a reroute around the aquifer that was proposed by the pipeline developer TransCanada.3 Searching for energy alternatives to oil is important for the survival of both the Ogallala Aquifer and a myriad of other vulnerable regions.

If any of you want to see an on going oil spill that has been spilling for decades go to the Santa Barbara area. The oil flows out through fishers in the ocean floor and I'll be damned if I haven't wrecked 10 good pairs of shoes walking on the sand.
No man made cause at all totally natural leakage and the earth and ocean in that area is doing just fine...shoe sales are doing great!
Okay. Viral pneumonia is naturally occurring so spaying a crowd with a solution containing that virus is perfectly harmless. OK LOL Your arguments just get increasing stupid as time goes on.

Okay. Viral pneumonia is naturally occurring so spaying a crowd with a solution containing that virus is perfectly harmless. OK LOL Your arguments just get increasing stupid as time goes on
:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Goddamned liar. The damage from spills will be there hundreds of years from now. We learned that in Alaska
Have you been there? Have you ever gone to Prince William Sound? I have and it's as pristine today as it's ever been...fishing takes are at an all time high.
You fools sit in front of your PC's Googleing fake news stories freaking yourselves out. The oceans have an amazing way of cleaning up oil, if it didn't the shorelines of the world would be black with natural oil seepage...put the hash pipe down Old Balls and get on a ship and travel.

And rail car spills are worse for the environment and happens more.
So, I dare ask, what was the point in your sarcasm?

A rail car can't spill 210,000 gallons, and Keystone was touted as the safe against spills.

the oil experts that produce bit oil dont know how to clean the hit up, but the UBER-SMART BOARD REPUBLICANS KNOW HOW !!!!!!
I know we have never not cleaned one up. So far we are doing a good job of clean up despite how difficult it can be...
Goddamned liar. The damage from spills will be there hundreds of years from now. We learned that in Alaska.

Actually, we learned precisely the opposite. The damage was totally invisible within a couple of years.

Actually, we learned precisely the opposite. The damage was totally invisible within a couple of years.
Its that invisible part that kills ya.

200,000 gallons is less than 1/3rd the size of an Olympic size swimming pool.
Well now, if one spills an olympic sized swimming pool all over some acreage in the Dakotas, those acres will be forever grateful. But if you spill that much oil all over the same acreage in the Dakotas, those acres are going to be a long time dead. Prairie plants don't grow so good in oil.
This is CRUDE you dumbass... it is primarily water and other minerals prior to refinement. Roughly 85% of the crude will breakdown inside a year and the rest in 3-5 years. At this point they identified the leak, turned off the flow, started repairing the leak and are collecting the crude by sucking it up in VAC trucks. less than 10,000 gallons is currently on the ground as the ground was near freezing in temp. But don't let real facts get in the way of your lies..

You keep outing yourself as a total liar..

Forum List

Back