L.A. Bans, Takes Down Tiny Houses Built for Homeless

Dont Taz Me Bro

Diamond Member
Staff member
Senior USMB Moderator
Gold Supporting Member
Nov 17, 2009
Las Vegas, Nevada
Because only the government knows what's best for you.

Summers claims that at least 37 tiny homes were built for the homeless from Van Nuys to Inglewood. Several volunteers came together to help. Materials were purchased with the over $100,000 in donations Summers received from people around the world who were moved by his online campaign.

Summers says he’s angry. Instead of returning the homes to the builder, the city is now destroying them, putting an end to the initiative that managed to help so many homeless individuals across the city.

L.A. Bans, Takes Down Tiny Houses Built for Homeless | The Daily Liberator

Well shit yeah, you don't want to put government bureaucrats out of business.

What the hell would HUD do?

Then the Republicans and Libertarians would be right about eliminating all those agencies in the executive branch and eliminating the income tax if folks proved we could do with out government.

Government NEEDS to create problems for it to solve.

DUH!

Summers claims that at least 37 tiny homes were built for the homeless from Van Nuys to Inglewood. Several volunteers came together to help. Materials were purchased with the over $100,000 in donations Summers received from people around the world who were moved by his online campaign.

Summers says he’s angry. Instead of returning the homes to the builder, the city is now destroying them, putting an end to the initiative that managed to help so many homeless individuals across the city.

It's not about helping people, it's about control.

did the people building the tiny homes have the right to the land they built on?

or do you think this is the days of the wild west and you put down a stake and it's yours?

Welcome to California where it is impossible to live there and illegal to be homeless and do not help the homeless because the Government did not get their cut...

I would sleep on the beach in my youth up in Northern Cal, and now I heard I would be arrested and ticketed if I attempted to do that now...

California sucks!

Welcome to California where it is impossible to live there and illegal to be homeless and do not help the homeless because the Government did not get their cut...

I would sleep on the beach in my youth up in Northern Cal, and now I heard I would be arrested and ticketed if I attempted to do that now...

California sucks!

tissue?

These are 4 X 6 ft. structures are only legal if used for dog houses. These dog houses are being placed on sidewalks, streets, alleys, and parks. The Daily Liberator? Really?

Los Angeles city attorney says ‘tiny houses’ for homeless are illegal

but they don't like rules.... unless they're theocratic rules that tell others what to do with their personal decisions. otherwise they stamp their feet and cry and whine.
Is it a good thing when the rules harm instead of help? I know it lets you fell all self-righteous and stuff, but the buildings provided people a place when they had none. Now they're gone, thanks to the bureaucracy. If we can't give them everything, we won't give them anything.

California sucks!
-------------------------- probably not just Kalifornia BruceL !!

California sucks!

there are land use rules everywhere.

there are supposed to be.

California sucks!

tissue?

Tampon?

Midol?

Bonbons?

These are 4 X 6 ft. structures are only legal if used for dog houses. These dog houses are being placed on sidewalks, streets, alleys, and parks. The Daily Liberator? Really?

Los Angeles city attorney says ‘tiny houses’ for homeless are illegal

but they don't like rules.... unless they're theocratic rules that tell others what to do with their personal decisions. otherwise they stamp their feet and cry and whine.
Is it a good thing when the rules harm instead of help? I know it lets you fell all self-righteous and stuff, but the buildings provided people a place when they had none. Now they're gone, thanks to the bureaucracy. If we can't give them everything, we won't give them anything.

what hurts in one instance, helps in another. that's life and grown ups understand that. if a rule needs to be tweaked, it should be tweaked. but again, did the people building the little houses a) have the right to use the land; and b) get an exemption (which is usually available) to the land use rules?

I'm going to bet that the answer is no to both.

California sucks!

True.

It goes on everywhere.

America sucks... The World Sucks... The Universe Sucks...

Also for Jillian, well if she believe the government does such a great job helping the Homeless maybe they should adopt the Utah idea of putting the Homeless in apartments... Wait why would California adopt such a Progressive Liberal idea like what Utah has done?

Utah's Strategy for the Homeless: Give Them Homes

did the people building the tiny homes have the right to the land they built on?

or do you think this is the days of the wild west and you put down a stake and it's yours?

So you think these things are built on a slab or something?
They're designed to be portable. So why not find a place they can park em rather than outlawing them?

So you think these things are built on a slab or something?
They're designed to be portable. So why not find a place they can park em rather than outlawing them?

I don't have a problem with that and don't recall saying I did.

but that would also require them working with the city to arrange something acceptable and not just erecting structures.

Forum List

Back