La Police 1938 Shooting Exhibition Video - Unbelieavable

Rikurzhen

Gold Member
Jul 24, 2014
I think to the Christopher Dorner incident when the LA cops shot 80+ rounds in an old lady's pickup truck and then I see this.

I'm not quite sure what to say other than "what happened?"

@MikeK commented recently that the standard of accuracy/marksmanship among police forces across America (and the world) has diminished due to the adoption of semi-automatic sidearms with high-capacity, double-stacked magazines. His logic was that if a police officer has the luxury of 45+ rounds of ammo at his disposal, as opposed to the 24 issued with a revolver, then the standard of accuracy diminishes because the officer knows they don't have to as conservative with their ammo as their predecessors did.

@MikeK commented recently that the standard of accuracy/marksmanship among police forces across America (and the world) has diminished due to the adoption of semi-automatic sidearms with high-capacity, double-stacked magazines. His logic was that if a police officer has the luxury of 45+ rounds of ammo at his disposal, as opposed to the 24 issued with a revolver, then the standard of accuracy diminishes because the officer knows they don't have to as conservative with their ammo as their predecessors did.

I'm not educated enough on the details to know the answer but that seems reasonable.

That video though, my oh my, those guys had to have a lot of faith in the marksmanship of their colleagues.

Forum List

Back