'Lady Godiva,' a Minnesota cat who survived outside for a decade, seeks new home

basquebromance

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2015
cats are a good thing! my bros make fun of me, because at night when a cat is yelling out, i tell my bros: "let's go help the cat"...i'm a softie that way

Domestic cats are an invasive species. They have a huge impact on wildlife and ecosystems. In the US alone, free-ranging domestic cats kill 1.3–4.0 billion birds every year. Mammals have it worse with 6.3–22.3 billion of them killed annually.

In 1894, a cat traveled with her owner to an untouched island south of New Zealand. This island was the home for the Stephen Island wren, a small flightless bird only found there. The cat single-handedly caused the extinction of this wren. Feral cats cause 65% of mortality for woylies, a rare marsupial. They also leave their scents outdoors which discourages wild species from either raising their young or seeking food in an area. This ceases the ecological benefits that the wild animals bring, like spreading seed, controlling insect populations, pollinating plants, as well as serving as food sources for other wild species.

If all that is not enough, cats also spread diseases like toxoplasmosis, rabies or feline leukaemia to wild animals.

The policy of "trap, neuter, release" practiced in some ares is bullshit. Not enough cats are captured and neutered to have any positive effect. Any domestic cat living outside of a house should be eliminated in anyway possible. I suppose rehabilitating them and bringing them indoors is one way...

We have a cat that 3 different houses, including mine, feed, but nobody has ever touched it. He hangs out with my cats some lounging in the sun and will sit and stare in the door but he absolutely won't let a human get within 5 feet of him. As long as he is healthy and not a problem, we have become whatever about him. Think he is probably about 7 or so. He came out of a feral litter that one of my cats came out of. He just won't socialize with humans. Not sure why. His sister walked her butt inside the back door and has been the queen of my house ever since.

Disagree all you want, Bob Blaylock , your willful ignorance doesn't make my post any less true. Feel free to do your own research on the topic. Here, I'll even give you a helping hand...

Don't mistake my post(s) as being indicative of a dislike of cats, nothing could be further from the truth.

Last April, a cat that had been a semi-stray around our apartment complex, starting hanging out with my wife and me, spending several hours each day with us in our apartment. By June, he was with us almost full time, as he is to this day. He does still insist on being let out for a few hours each day, usually late at night or early morning. I think he has other humans that he visits, in other apartments. But he's with us the rest of the time. We call him Buddy. We know of others who call him Red. We do not know by how many other names he is known, to how many other people.

ZSC_4672-DeNoiseAI-raw_1600x1280.jpg
ZSC_3156_1600x1200.jpg
ZSC_3099g1Kh.jpg
ZSC_3393g1618x1000.jpg
ZSC_3426-DeNoiseAI-raw_1600x1280.jpg
ZSC_3449-DeNoiseAI-rawG1618x1000.JPG

Forum List

Back