Lady Tennis Screechers

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
I was happy to notice, in the U.S. Open semifinal matches, that neither of the two teenagers who will meet in the Final is a screecher. And their various opponents in the run-up to the final - highly ranked women - were almost all profound screechers.

I hope this is the end of an era.

Contrats to L. Fernandez and E. Raducanu. It should be an entertaining final.

Layla has brought to womens tennis what Naomi Osaka brought to womens tennis three years ago: A newfound interest in it.

I was happy to notice, in the U.S. Open semifinal matches, that neither of the two teenagers who will meet in the Final is a screecher. And their various opponents in the run-up to the final - highly ranked women - were almost all profound screechers.

It is a shame though that women cannot compete at the level of men. They want to same pay but wont play the best out of 5 sets, only 3 because if they do have to play longer then the women start cramping up and crying....like women....

If the wimmin-folk switched to no-ad scoring in Majors, they might could play 5 sets.

People liked Naomi until they got to know her. There is nothing to like.

If the wimmin-folk switched to no-ad scoring in Majors, they might could play 5 sets.

People liked Naomi until they got to know her. There is nothing to like.
I hate no-ad scoring. I see it sometimes in mixed doubles and for the senior tours. Takes away so much drama of an extended deuce game.

One of the best "wimmin-folk" matches was Steffi Graf vs. Aranxta Sanchez-Vicario at the finals of the Championships of Wimbledon 1995 with an epic 13 deuces/32 point game at 5-all in the third and final set.

I don't like it because I can't tell what they sound like at climax anymore

I believe that for a time some people coaching girls encouraged the grunting, thinking that it was like karate or something. But it was always stupid and counterproductive, not to mention irritating to hear.

Martina N once suggested on air that the screaming would stop immediately if they deducted a point for it. It serves no purpose.

When I was younger the wimmens game was mostly hairy legged butch lezbos. Chrissie was about the first tennis spanking material ever

God forbid a proper lady grunting eh Loon? :rolleyes:

WOW!!!!!! THE ONLY MONDAY MORNING QUALIFIER TO EVER WIN A GS

THIS IS A BIG FUKIN DEAL!!!!........GO ENGLAND......I LOVE YOU VIRGINIA WADE

Was the field compromised? Did the Covid factor result in a tainted result? The next few years will tell the story.

Was the field compromised? Did the Covid factor result in a tainted result? The next few years will tell the story.
The only women's player I am aware that had tested positive for Covid-19 was 2020 Australian Open Champion and #5 in the world (before the US Open) Sofia Kenin (USA), who was reportedly vaccinated. Kenin hadn't played since Wimbledon as she has been dealing with a foot injury.

Both Raducanu and Fernandez played very well and defeated everybody in their path including top notch players. They deserve everything they accomplished.

It is a shame though that women cannot compete at the level of men. They want to same pay but wont play the best out of 5 sets, only 3 because if they do have to play longer then the women start cramping up and crying....like women....
Women’s points usually last longer than men’s, making a five-setter much longer. I don’t think TV would allow it. As for making as much as men, if they’re bringing in the fans, they deserve it. BTW, best of 5 is only for the majors.

Any data to support your claim that women's points last longer than men's?

The 5-set idea was dropped for women because after the first 2 or 3 sets it simply became a battle of attrition, as both players were physically worn out.

The theory is - hold on to your hat - men are stronger and have more stamina! I know it's a shocker, but there it is.

Any data to support your claim that women's points last longer than men's?

The 5-set idea was dropped for women because after the first 2 or 3 sets it simply became a battle of attrition, as both players were physically worn out.

The theory is - hold on to your hat - men are stronger and have more stamina! I know it's a shocker, but there it is.
It’s easy enough to count strokes. After years of watching, it’s obvious.

Forum List

Back