Larry Hogan: "i will NOT be running for POTUS", focus instead on helping retain "the soul of the GOP", i'm a "small businessman not career politician"

A “Trump guy” is not going to win in Maryland
You needed a moderate and instead handed the state back to the Democrats. You should have listened to Hogan

Guess you showed them

Larry Hogan only endorsed 1 Republican last fall in Maryland, and the fellow got schlonged.

So its apparent that a moderate isn't going to win either, after their experience with Hogan.

he says half his family were against the run, and that played into it. he may be dull but he would have been an effective Reagan-like executive if elected

I am a huge Hogan fan and Marylander. I watched him become the first two-term Republican Governor winning back to back terms in Maryland in God knows how long. He gets along with everyone.

He would be my top choice for President but I think he would not win. My concern for Larry is that once we would get “endorsements” from the Democrats as a Republican they can work with, Larry would be the contender and over night Democrats would paint him as a KKK racist and someone who will crush women’s rights. In other words, he will be smeared and not sure if Larry can fight back. He might care too much what the other side and their press think of him.

If Larry can not care what people think, sling mud back at those slinging mud at him, scratch and claw to the Presidency, then he can go back to being a nice guy.

I take it you're disappointed.
meh. i like all politicians to run, even if i oppose them politically. the more the merrier. Hogan isn't particularly an exciting speaker, so he doesn't do much for me. i like him as a person though

I am a huge Hogan fan and Marylander. I watched him become the first two-term Republican Governor winning back to back terms in Maryland in God knows how long. He gets along with everyone.

He would be my top choice for President but I think he would not win. My concern for Larry is that once we would get “endorsements” from the Democrats as a Republican they can work with, Larry would be the contender and over night Democrats would paint him as a KKK racist and someone who will crush women’s rights. In other words, he will be smeared and not sure if Larry can fight back. He might care too much what the other side and their press think of him.

If Larry can not care what people think, sling mud back at those slinging mud at him, scratch and claw to the Presidency, then he can go back to being a nice guy.

Hogan doesn't get along with everyone at all. He didn't get along with President Trump or the GOP candidates for Senate and Governor last fall, they didn't even allow him to appear with him even though he was sitting governor.

Larry Hogan only endorsed 1 Republican last fall in Maryland, and the fellow got schlonged.

So its apparent that a moderate isn't going to win either, after their experience with Hogan.
So Republicans handed the Governorship back to Dems by running an unelectable Trump Republican

Hogan doesn't get along with everyone at all. He didn't get along with President Trump or the GOP candidates for Senate and Governor last fall, they didn't even allow him to appear with him even though he was sitting governor.

Hogan is a lifelong Republican who thought Trump was an embarrassment to the party

I don’t like how they’re doing things so they can just keep their 20 million.

You gotta know how to work the system.

Sign the contract.
Then "accidentally" break your leg on the field.

Wah Lah!

You can't play anymore, but get to keep the money.
Plus, you get more money for being disabled and not able to do your job.

This is the first time I've ever heard of him.
Too bad for Hogan, considering he's been running around since 2020 saying he's a never-Trump candidate for president. This did NOT get much traction, I fear.

Given that besides being a RINO he's short, fat, bald, and ugly and I have to think he was not good with reality checking.

Hogan is a lifelong Republican who thought Trump was an embarrassment to the party

And that observation is proof of my point that Hogan doesn't get along with everyone, which was my response to the other individual.

The GOP would do better with Hulk Hogan than Larry, brother.

Polishprince
And that observation is proof of my point that Hogan doesn't get along with everyone, which was my response to the other individual.

Yeah, Hogan really missed the Trump boat bigtime, and then kept on swimming after it for years.

He just didn't get it.

As time goes on there are fewer and fewer of these never-Trumpers. Hogan, Romney, and that Cheney woman. The last men standing. The crazier the Dems get, the less interest anyone has in these GOP-lite characters who really want to be Democrats. So let them change party and go away and stop bothering us!

The other problem with Hogan as a nominee, and why he would never win, is that he actually supported Sleepy Joe.

That gives him Zero credibility if he tries to criticize Biden in the general election. "you supported me in 2020" is the ideal retort that Biden can make if Hogan would have the chutzpah to give criticism.

And unless you can criticize the other guy, and explain why you are better, there is no reason for the voters not to cast for Biden.

Polishprince

Yeah, Hogan really missed the Trump boat bigtime, and then kept on swimming after it for years.

He just didn't get it.

As time goes on there are fewer and fewer of these never-Trumpers. Hogan, Romney, and that Cheney woman. The last men standing. The crazier the Dems get, the less interest anyone has in these GOP-lite characters who really want to be Democrats. So let them change party and go away and stop bothering us!
Hogan would not sell out his values to worship at the altar of Trump

An admirable quality most Republicans lack

Hogan would not sell out his values to worship at the altar of Trump

An admirable quality most Republicans lack
Yes!! MOST REPUBLICANS LACK the never-Trumper flaw!

So far things seem to be going well and rather smoothly for Trump and us, so let's enjoy it while we can. The sustained assault of lies and shrieks of outrage from the enemy Dems will start at any moment and continue till November 2024.

Yes!! MOST REPUBLICANS LACK the never-Trumper flaw!

So far things seem to be going well and rather smoothly for Trump and us, so let's enjoy it while we can. The sustained assault of lies and shrieks of outrage from the enemy Dems will start at any moment and continue till November 2024.
Not really
Trump lost Big League to Biden
He also cost Republicans the Senate Twice

You should have listened to Hogan

Andrew Jackson was not a Crybaby Loser
Certainly not after Jackson won the presidency after complaining bitterly for four years that he'd been cheated out of the last election! Exactly the same situation as with Trump, so this is looking good.

Forum List

Back