Law Enforcement Is Not The Only Deterrent

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
On the PBS show, “To the Contrary”, Eleanor Holmes Norton, referring to college campuses said, “law enforcement is the only deterrent.”

I disagree. I’m going with the old saying that an “ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” I look at college campuses where it I claimed that 20% of women are experiencing being raped, and I’m amazed that they are gun-free zones.

I’m not sure of women (or anyone) are are even so much as permitted to carry a pepper spray or a stun gun. These are all effective deterrents to rape as well as crimes in general. For colleges to ban them, is just about akin to asking for trouble.

Rapists can be deterred, without police or security personnel, in 2 ways. By being shot, or the fear of being shot. They won’t be deterred by knowing that their intended victim is unarmed and defenseless, in a gun-free zone.

On the PBS show, “To the Contrary”, Eleanor Holmes Norton, referring to college campuses said, “law enforcement is the only deterrent.”

I disagree. I’m going with the old saying that an “ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.” I look at college campuses where it I claimed that 20% of women are experiencing being raped, and I’m amazed that they are gun-free zones.

I’m not sure of women (or anyone) are are even so much as permitted to carry a pepper spray or a stun gun. These are all effective deterrents to rape as well as crimes in general. For colleges to ban them, is just about akin to asking for trouble.

Rapists can be deterred, without police or security personnel, in 2 ways. By being shot, or the fear of being shot. They won’t be deterred by knowing that their intended victim is unarmed and defenseless, in a gun-free zone.
Crossfire, always the best option.

Yep. The more bullets you have flying around the better your chances of hitting a perp.

Everybody else, well hey, they shouldn't have been out there doing normal things. This is a gun culture, not a do-normal-things culture. If they don't learn that it's all their fault.

Yep. The more bullets you have flying around the better your chances of hitting a perp.

Everybody else, well hey, they shouldn't have been out there doing normal things. This is a gun culture, not a do-normal-things culture. If they don't learn that it's all their fault.

That's why you aim for center mass and use expanding bullets that lose penetration after a short distance.

A snub revolver has great stopping power close up, and the bullets rapidly lose penetration as they travel, minimizing the impact on people in the surrounding area.

We have made our problems far more harder to deal with than need be, partly to the 'progressive' agenda of resurrecting the old ideas of 'if it feels ok do it', making society more liberal and 'tolerant' of things other than 'discipline', 'decency', 'morality', etc.

Some things police don't need to be called in to handle.
- Guy hits a girl - whup his ass. Doesn't matter who - who the perp is or who comes to the girl's defense. A guy nearby - or several - who don't even know her, step up and whup his ass. Zero Tolerance. He'll get the message.
-- Women, carry pepper spray, tazers, brass knuckles - whatever. Women have a right to protect themselves.

Attempted Rape: Whup his ass, and protect the girl....while you're waiting for the police to come.

Who says there would be lots of bullets "flying around" ANswer: YOU did, Mr Straw Man.

Typical liberal fake news BS. As for "normal", that is USA 2nd amendment self-defense, not some dopey, liberal lunacy of everyone walking like defenseless rabbits, like they do in New York City. :rolleyes:

We have made our problems far more harder to deal with than need be, partly to the 'progressive' agenda of resurrecting the old ideas of 'if it feels ok do it', making society more liberal and 'tolerant' of things other than 'discipline', 'decency', 'morality', etc.

- Guy hits a girl - whup his ass. Doesn't matter who - who the perp is or who comes to the girl's defense. A guy nearby - or several - who don't even know her, step up and whup his ass. Zero Tolerance. He'll get the message.
-- Women, carry pepper spray, tazers, brass knuckles - whatever. Women have a right to protect themselves.

Attempted Rape: Whup his ass, and protect the girl....while you're waiting for the police to come.
Good post. And while While waiting for the gun application to clear, here's a few legal weapons you can carry & use, girls. >> Ballpoint pen (stick it in the eye), steel tip shoes (kick in the knee), 18" piece of rope (whip around perp's neck and squeeze), golf ball or small round rocks (throw it hard at perp's forehead), Pick sharp stick off the ground (poke in the eye)

That's why you aim for center mass and use expanding bullets that lose penetration after a short distance.

A snub revolver has great stopping power close up, and the bullets rapidly lose penetration as they travel, minimizing the impact on people in the surrounding area.
Never know when ya might have to stand your ground against a gallon of milk.

Man accidentally shoots self in leg at Walmart

Man Accidentally Shoots Himself in the Leg at a Phoenix Wal-Mart

Saw some dumbass shopping armed Saturday, fucking pussies, halfwit pussies.

Not really, it's just that you ain't god and don't get to decide, and frankly, ya'll ain't been any kind of role models.

That's his bad, not anyone else's.

And you are the biggest pussy of all, living in fear of your fellow law abiding citizens who choose to be armed.

Not really, it's just that you ain't god and don't get to decide, and frankly, ya'll ain't been any kind of role models.
Yes, the millennials and the progressives have just made everything SO much better...

The murder rate in Baltimore, btw, just set a new record high...

:clap:

And you are the biggest pussy of all, living in fear of your fellow law abiding citizens who choose to be armed.
Own, permitted to carry son, your assumptions are as uninformed as you are.

Yes, the millennials and the progressives have just made everything SO much better...

Goldman Sachs always runs your white house either way pard, you poor fuckwits still operating in that phony two party/ideology paradigm are too far behind the times to understand what's happening to you.

Then I can hypocrite to the list, congrats.

Goldman Sachs always runs your white house either way pard, you poor fuckwits still operating in that phony two party/ideology paradigm are too far behind the times to understand what's happening to you.
I have no delusions of what is going on. That is part of my point. Today's millennials / voters / people have allowed themselves to be manipulated / conditioned / programmed into blindly supporting leaders chosen for them.

The honest truth is:

Hillary Clinton is a corrupt career politician who broke numerous laws, was protected from indictment / prosecution, who was GIVEN her Party's nomination despite the Democratic Voters supporting Sanders, and the voters were then told to STFU and vote for Hillary. Some did, many didn't - many were smart enough to simply refuse to choose between the 2 piss-poor choices given to them.

Donald Trump is a billionaire businessman with no political experience, an anti-big govt / Anti-Career Politician / anti-status Quo (the mantles he embraced / wore during the campaign) candidate who gave all the angry Americans who wanted change a voice...during the election. (He's like Rodney Dangerfield in the movie 'Back To School' in many ways.)

He's a fluke...an 'anomaly'. He is a threat to the 'Self-appointed ruling class' (DNC) in Washington, a threat to the 'Washington Establishment; (GOP), the 'Status Quo' Career politicians - which consists of BOTH parties, and there are elements in BOTH parties who want his agenda / him to fail.

There is extremely little difference between the GOP and DNC parties and their intentions...however, the DNC and finally melted down and are openly showing their seditious, violent intolerance...and they and the liberal media have indoctrinated / manipulated, and 'weaponized' voters by continuing to push false narratives, fake news, and propaganda in an attempt to undermine / OVERTHROW newly elected President.

They have become 'Domestic Enemies' in the US because - like giant SPOILED babies - they LOST power, they are no longer the ruling class / 'center of the universe' so they're showing their ass and trying to get it back, That's the bottom line.

I have no delusions of what is going on. That is part of my point. Today's millennials / voters / people have allowed themselves to be manipulated / conditioned / programmed into blindly supporting leaders chosen for them.

The honest truth is:

Hillary Clinton is a corrupt career politician who broke numerous laws, was protected from indictment / prosecution, who was GIVEN her Party's nomination despite the Democratic Voters supporting Sanders, and the voters were then told to STFU and vote for Hillary. Some did, many didn't - many were smart enough to simply refuse to choose between the 2 piss-poor choices given to them.

Donald Trump is a billionaire businessman with no political experience, an anti-big govt / Anti-Career Politician / anti-status Quo (the mantles he embraced / wore during the campaign) candidate who gave all the angry Americans who wanted change a voice...during the election. (He's like Rodney Dangerfield in the movie 'Back To School' in many ways.)

He's a fluke...an 'anomaly'. He is a threat to the 'Self-appointed ruling class' (DNC) in Washington, a threat to the 'Washington Establishment; (GOP), the 'Status Quo' Career politicians - which consists of BOTH parties, and there are elements in BOTH parties who want his agenda / him to fail.

There is extremely little difference between the GOP and DNC parties and their intentions...however, the DNC and finally melted down and are openly showing their seditious, violent intolerance...and they and the liberal media have indoctrinated / manipulated, and 'weaponized' voters by continuing to push false narratives, fake news, and propaganda in an attempt to undermine / OVERTHROW newly elected President.

They have become 'Domestic Enemies' in the US because - like giant SPOILED babies - they LOST power, they are no longer the ruling class / 'center of the universe' so they're showing their ass and trying to get it back, That's the bottom line.

Been going on for decades pard, no one in american society is willing to take any responsiblity for anything. Sure, let's drop in on millennials. No different than the public whining about politicians from the couch. Until some critical mass of the population decides to abandon ALL this stupidity and unite in the streets? Here we shall remain. There's no voting your way outta this now.

Last edited:

Yes, you can hypocrite to anything you like.

Yes, you can hypocrite to anything you like.

How does one "hypocrite to"?

English mother fucker, do you speak it?

Benn going on for decades pard, no one in american society is willing to take any responsiblity for anything.

Some of that may have been going on to some extent for a while, but Obama can take credit for 'pouring gas on that fire' during his 8 years in office. neither he nor any of his cabinet / circle EVER took responsibility for ANYTHING. He protected his cabinet and political allies from indictments, prosecution, scandals, etc.. Had all the people who legally should have gone to jail / been Impeached during Obama's administration actually been indicted / gone to jail . been impeached Obama would have been impeached, Hillary Clinton, Eric Holder, Harry Reid, Julian Castro, and many others would have been indicted, charged with crimes, and gone to jail.

Despite Obama protecting Hillary from Prosecution, the Director of the FBI recently testified before Congress and declared Hillary Clinton DID break NUMEROUS laws

Despite Obama protecting him, a bipartisan Congress made Holder the 1st US Cabinet Member to ever be Censured as a result of his Felony Perjury in testimony before Congress.

Harry Reid and Julian Castro both broke the law - violated the Hatch Act, and Obama public declared he would not allow them to be charged with their crimes because they were 'SORRY' for what they had done.

Hundreds of Mexicans and 4 Americans were murdered by weapons the federal govt gave Mexican Drug Cartels during the heinously failed Fast and Furious program...and not ONE person / federal employee ever lost their jobs.

And on and on and on....

Forum List

Back