Lawmakers In Missouri Just Passed A Voter ID Bill That Will Disenfranchise 220,000 People

bullshit. black people aren't LEGAL. hispanics aren't LEGAL. ALL races who don't have the gene that makes you good looking shouldn't be LEGAL!

Why limit the ways people can Id themselves to vote? Hmmmm maybe because you want to disenfranchise voters !?

Usually the repubs are all against over regulation, but not here ! I wonder why.....

Consider the source.

Advice: Before click on on the link have a good piss. Because if you don't, you're gonna wet yourself laughing!

i actually love thinkprogress because it features the views of the most extreme conservatives like me that i'd never heard of before

Why limit the ways people can Id themselves to vote? Hmmmm maybe because you want to disenfranchise voters !?

Usually the repubs are all against over regulation, but not here ! I wonder why.....

Yes, why not allow your membership car in the Dick Tracy fan club to be legal ID?

We do want to disenfranchise illegal aliens, dead people and cartoon characters.

If you bother to read the article and not just the headline, a different reality emerges......

The deal involves amendments to the bill that progressive lawmakers say will “ensure no voter is denied his or her Constitutional right to vote.” For instance, the state would be required to provide free photo IDs and any underlying documents necessary to obtain them, such as birth certificates and Social Security cards. Additionally, voters who are unable to get the required ID for whatever reason would be able to sign a legally-binding affidavit promising they are who they say they are, and could then vote with regular ballots.

Huh?

Disregarding the whiny, crybaby little biotches on the Extreme Left, who want everybody who is breathing to vote, this really doesn't disenfranchise anyone.

Suck it up, buttercup(s)...

Last edited:
All of these Voter ID laws are a solution to a problem that is virtually nonexistent.

Those poor victims!!

From the link:

Yet voting rights advocates, including Laura Swinford with the organization Progress Missouri, say they’re not pleased. “They said this will minimize the effect on Missouri voters, but I don’t frankly agree with that interpretation,” she told ThinkProgress. “Depending on how you were raised and socialized, signing documents can be a barrier in and of itself.” She added that it can be especially intimidating for less-educated voters to be handed a complex form that, if filled out improperly, can result in a felony charge for perjury.
:rofl:

Those poor victims!!

From the link:

Yet voting rights advocates, including Laura Swinford with the organization Progress Missouri, say they’re not pleased. “They said this will minimize the effect on Missouri voters, but I don’t frankly agree with that interpretation,” she told ThinkProgress. “Depending on how you were raised and socialized, signing documents can be a barrier in and of itself.” She added that it can be especially intimidating for less-educated voters to be handed a complex form that, if filled out improperly, can result in a felony charge for perjury.
:rofl:
Doesn't that make ya just want to bawl uncontrollably? Poor little critters...

The title is misleading as you will see from reading the article. No qualified voter is being disenfranchised. The state will pay all costs related to getting the voter ID card.

Notice how the OP changes the title from "...could disenfranchise.." to "...will disenfranchise..."

Liberalism is a mental disorder.

Last edited:
I understand the suppression argument but I really don't think it's that big of a deal to have an ID or verification process to vote. We can make that process as easy as possible for people to do. But if a person can't be responsible enough to go through a simple verification procedure then perhaps they shouldn't be voting.

On the flip side I find it very interesting that the right is so supportive of increased regulation with voting and completely opposite when it comes to buying a gun.

I guess whatever advances your political parties cause...

Looks like a fair bill, compromise from both parties took place. Isn't this what liberals want, compromise and bills to get written?

If you bother to read the article and not just the headline, a different reality emerges......

The deal involves amendments to the bill that progressive lawmakers say will “ensure no voter is denied his or her Constitutional right to vote.” For instance, the state would be required to provide free photo IDs and any underlying documents necessary to obtain them, such as birth certificates and Social Security cards. Additionally, voters who are unable to get the required ID for whatever reason would be able to sign a legally-binding affidavit promising they are who they say they are, and could then vote with regular ballots.

Ummm, then why don't u just let people use those forms of ID TO VOTE!!! ?

Grandma walks into polling station:

Grandma "I'm here to vote."

Pollster: " do u have an ID ?"

Grandma :" no , but I do have my birth certificate "

Pollster : "fuck u you lying cheating bitch, u can't vote with that. You need an official ID "

Grandma : "where do I get one "

Pollster : " all Ya got to do is drive 30 miles to the Capitol . No bus goes there. Good luck !"

Grandma " what do you need to show them
To get an ID .?"

Pollster " oh, just that birth certificate u have in your hand right now . Too bad the election will be over . Not vote for you (insert n- word). Now excuse me , I have to count these absentee ballots from overseas that need no ID because they will be for the GOP candidate ."

I understand the suppression argument but I really don't think it's that big of a deal to have an ID or verification process to vote. We can make that process as easy as possible for people to do. But if a person can't be responsible enough to go through a simple verification procedure then perhaps they shouldn't be voting.

On the flip side I find it very interesting that the right is so supportive of increased regulation with voting and completely opposite when it comes to buying a gun.

I guess whatever advances your political parties cause...

Showing an ID is not a cumbersome burden. To get welfare, you have to show ID.

Forum List

Back