Leaked Benghazi emails were edited

Dutch

Silver Member
Sep 11, 2009
Ohio
Looks like whoever leaked this did some editing!!

"The actual e-mail from then-Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications Ben Rhodes appears to show that whomever leaked it did so in a way that made it appear that the White House was primarily concerned with the State Department's desire to remove references and warnings about specific terrorist groups so as to not bring criticism to the department.'

'Whoever provided those quotes seemingly invented the notion that Rhodes wanted the concerns of the State Department specifically addressed. While Nuland, particularly, had expressed a desire to remove mentions of specific terrorist groups and CIA warnings about the increasingly dangerous assignment, Rhodes put no emphasis at all in his e-mail on the State Department's concerns.
'
CNN exclusive: White House email contradicts Benghazi leaks ? The Lead with Jake Tapper - CNN.com Blogs

Last edited:
What's hilarious is how the GOP is acting SHOCKED! SHOCKED! even though they had the talking points and the edited talking points since February.

When there was no there-there, they simply had to go back and try to find something outrageous even if it's still not there.

When there is wrongdoing we should know about it, but this case is no different than the 64 attacks on embassies and consulates and American diplomats under the Bush administration.

So obvious that whoever edited the e-mail wanted to make sure that the State Department was implicated, hmmmmm, I wonder who would want to implicate the State Department?(Someone who is freaking out over Hillary Clinton)?

Whoever edited that e-mail needs to come forward and admit they are a sleazy coward and a hypocrite! :lol:

The e-mail that was sent:

“All –

“Sorry to be late to this discussion. We need to resolve this in a way that respects all of the relevant equities, particularly the investigation.

“There is a ton of wrong information getting out into the public domain from Congress and people who are not particularly informed. Insofar as we have firmed up assessments that don’t compromise intel or the investigation, we need to have the capability to correct the record, as there are significant policy and messaging ramifications that would flow from a hardened mis-impression.

“We can take this up tomorrow morning at deputies.”

ABC News reported that Rhodes wrote:
“We must make sure that the talking points reflect all agency equities, including those of the State Department, and we don’t want to undermine the FBI investigation. We thus will work through the talking points tomorrow morning at the Deputies Committee meeting.”
CNN exclusive: White House email contradicts Benghazi leaks ? The Lead with Jake Tapper - CNN.com Blogs

To see the actual e-mail, go here: CNN exclusive: White House email contradicts Benghazi leaks

OMG, this is worse than Watergate!

Yeah, now Democrats need to start some hearings and demand a response from conservatives, why they edited the e-mails. 4 Americans died, and here they are editing e-mails trying to put the blame on the wrong person, when the right person needs to be punished! :eek:

OMG, this is worse than Watergate!

Yeah, now Democrats need to start some hearings and demand a response from conservatives, why they edited the e-mails. 4 Americans died, and here they are editing e-mails trying to put the blame on the wrong person, when the right person needs to be punished! :eek:

I agree, a special prosecutor for the entire brouhaha, if the conservatives manipulated this into an administrative crisis, there should be sunshine.

If the problem is from the administration, there should be sunshine.

Funny, we're in agreement.

I just looked at what CNN is claiming is the original E-mail.

First of all, this email doesn't deal with the points talked about in emails dealing with the talking points.

This is a different email entirely..

Then there is the fact that two-thirds of the page is grayed out.

Why?

Why isn't it white as is the rest of the page? What is being covered up?

This is just smoke and mirrors here folks. CNN attempting to come to Obama's rescue.

This is very serious. It must be investigated. I have no doubt that it WILL be investigated. Whomever doctored that email will likely soon be unemployed.

"The actual e-mail from then-Deputy National Security Adviser for Strategic Communications Ben Rhodes appears to show that whomever leaked it did so in a way that made it appear that the White House was primarily concerned with the State Department's desire to remove references and warnings about specific terrorist groups so as to not bring criticism to the department.'

'Whoever provided those quotes seemingly invented the notion that Rhodes wanted the concerns of the State Department specifically addressed. While Nuland, particularly, had expressed a desire to remove mentions of specific terrorist groups and CIA warnings about the increasingly dangerous assignment, Rhodes put no emphasis at all in his e-mail on the State Department's concerns.
'

ABC News rebuttal:

More Details on Benghazi Talking Points Emerge

The source was not permitted to make copies of the original e-mails. The White House has refused multiple requests – from journalists, including myself, and from Republican leaders in Congress – to release the full e-mail exchanges.

The differences in the two versions are being taken by some as evidence that my source sought to intentionally mislead about the extent of State Department involvement in changing the talking points. The version I obtained makes specific reference to the State Department, while the version reported by CNN references only “all of the relevant equities” and does not single out State.

But there’s another important note here that touches on State Department involvement and shows that the portrait remains far from complete. The subject line of the e-mail, according to CNN, was “Re: Revised HPSCI Talking Points for Review.”

<snip>

I asked my original source today to explain the different wording on the Ben Rhodes e-mail, and the fact that the words “State Department” were not included in the e-mail provided to CNN’s Tapper.

This was my source’s response, via e-mail: “WH reply was after a long chain of email about State Dept concerns. So when WH emailer says, take into account all equities, he is talking about the State equities, since that is what the email chain was about.”

More Details on Benghazi Talking Points Emerge - ABC News

Wow. CNN is blatantly trying to aid the Obama Administration......

I think that it may be time to call into question their status as a member of the press and their freedoms under the First Amendment.

After all, as the progressives here at USMB are quick to point out. No right is absolute.

CNN is manufacturing an alibi for this Administration, and taking an active role in trying to turn the wrong doing of this White House onto the GOP.

Simply fucking amazing.

'

Desperate and stupid is still stupid.

The emails were not leaked, they were read and the general content was leaked.

Forum List

Back