University of South Alabama shuts down DEI office

Not if it compromises standards. If a doctor operating me got moved up and into the field for DEI social good over performance and skills sets, how good is that for professional good.

Okay, let's look at that.

We have a lot of underserved communities. The DEI doctor might score a little lower, but he'll work in a clinic in the neighborhood.

So, you would you rather have the best doctor who won't work in your community or the second best doctor who will.

Not at all. I’m saying when you put a higher premium on DEI, you may not get the best. Consider this: a college basketball team has 12 slots. Nine are Black, 2 are white. There is one slot left and comes down to a Black player and an Asian player. The Black Player is slightly better than the Asian Player. Both are vying for a position as a shooting guard.

Which player should the team take? DEI says to take the Asian Player in this situation.
What job do they do that on?

That would only happen if the Asian is a better player, they are not going to recruite an Asian that can't play. See how that works? It's funny how folks don't bitch about the football team being 85% black or the basketball team bring 100% black.
Yao Ming, remember him?

Okay, let's look at that.

We have a lot of underserved communities. The DEI doctor might score a little lower, but he'll work in a clinic in the neighborhood.

So, you would you rather have the best doctor who won't work in your community or the second best doctor who will.
I’m not sure that neighborhoods served by doctors necessarily or exactly correlates to their level of expertise.

Forum List

Back