Kamala Harris Offers Ludicrous Reason Why She Won’t Debate Donald Trump on Fox News

They had to. One false move and their past hatred of TRUMP! would have been all over X. Had they acted like true journalists and kept their politics personal, they wouldn't have had to be so muzzled. But hey, it was a good thing.
Haha, ok then shouldn’t the same statement be true for ABc?

Haha, ok then shouldn’t the same statement be true for ABc?
I would love it if they had an attack of integrity and actually acted like impartial moderators. Their impartiality wouldn't even be called into question if they had only been acting like it all this time.

I would love it if they had an attack of integrity and actually acted like impartial moderators. Their impartiality wouldn't even be called into question if they had only been acting like it all this time.
Sounds to me like you give too much power to the moderators. The candidates can say whatever they want during debates it’s up to them

Sounds to me like you give too much power to the moderators. The candidates can say whatever they want during debates it’s up to them
The moderators have a lot of power. They have the mic cut switch, for just one thing. They also have the ability to set the stage for the candidates' answers by the questions they ask. For just one absurdly extreme example, they can question TRUMP! incessantly about some perceived foreign policy misstep while asking Harris what her favorite tree is and whether Joe Biden liked purple or green crayons the best.

The moderators have a lot of power. They have the mic cut switch, for just one thing. They also have the ability to set the stage for the candidates' answers by the questions they ask. For just one absurdly extreme example, they can question TRUMP! incessantly about some perceived foreign policy misstep while asking Harris what her favorite tree is and whether Joe Biden liked purple or green crayons the best.
There’s been one debate with the mic cut option and it was needed. The mic only gets cut when time is up to avoid all the chilling interruptions. Be each candidate has there time to state and respond however they want

There’s been one debate with the mic cut option and it was needed. The mic only gets cut when time is up to avoid all the chilling interruptions. Be each candidate has there time to state and respond however they want
They need to keep it for all debates, just my opinion.

For just one absurdly extreme example, they can question TRUMP! incessantly about some perceived foreign policy misstep while asking Harris what her favorite tree is and whether Joe Biden liked purple or green crayons the best.
They can ask whatever questions they want and the candidate can answer them or pivot and challenge the other candidate however they want to. Again. You’re giving the moderators too much power

They can ask whatever questions they want and the candidate can answer them or pivot and challenge the other candidate however they want to. Again. You’re giving the moderators too much power
True that the candidates can say whatever they want. Blatantly ignoring a question asked, however, degrades the candidate's performance and leads to screeches of them being afraid to answer something. A skilled moderator can lead a favored candidate in the direction they want to go or can make it very difficult for the candidate to go where they want to go. Another example, they ask TRUMP! questions about the Middle Eastern peace agreement he brokered while hammering Harris on the southern border.

True that the candidates can say whatever they want. Blatantly ignoring a question asked, however, degrades the candidate's performance and leads to screeches of them being afraid to answer something. A skilled moderator can lead a favored candidate in the direction they want to go or can make it very difficult for the candidate to go where they want to go. Another example, they ask TRUMP! questions about the Middle Eastern peace agreement he brokered while hammering Harris on the southern border.
You can answer any question in a couple seconds and then move onto whatever you wanna talk about. Not to hard. I just don’t see moderators being a big influence on debate performance. It’s up to the candidates

You can answer any question in a couple seconds and then move onto whatever you wanna talk about. Not to hard. I just don’t see moderators being a big influence on debate performance. It’s up to the candidates
Not really. Some questions don't have a simple answer, at least not if you want to come across as knowledgeable to the voters. My point is that the moderators have an impact. You don't think it's very great, I think it's too big. I would like to see at least one debate feature questions submitted by each candidate for the other to answer, and each answer be limited to the same amount of time. The moderator would only be there to read off the questions and notify them when they have 30 seconds left.

Not really. Some questions don't have a simple answer, at least not if you want to come across as knowledgeable to the voters. My point is that the moderators have an impact. You don't think it's very great, I think it's too big. I would like to see at least one debate feature questions submitted by each candidate for the other to answer, and each answer be limited to the same amount of time. The moderator would only be there to read off the questions and notify them when they have 30 seconds left.
That’s a fine idea. I’m just not understanding where in the past the moderators have ruined a debate for a candidate because of bias.

I know there was one a few cycles back where the moderator fact checked and called out a lie… but besides that one incident what is the major impact youre seeing?

That’s a fine idea. I’m just not understanding where in the past the moderators have ruined a debate for a candidate because of bias.

I know there was one a few cycles back where the moderator fact checked and called out a lie… but besides that one incident what is the major impact youre seeing?
I would just like to see the difference if we take even the potential for bias out of the equation. I think the role of the moderator has become much more ingrained in the modern political debate than it really should be.

Forum List

Back