Paying reparations in America would be immoral- The reality of slavery in America versus everywhere else

You want to point to people that are not alive today, they are not relevant. What is relevant is how that translates into problems today.

Reparations are not to address the injustice of slavery. That is what the racists claim. They are to address injustices that have been created to day because of the problems of the past. Injustices like redlining that corralled black families into neighborhoods that do not have access to good education right now.

I don't care what dead black people faced and modern blacks deserve nothing whatsoever due to those dead people. What matters is that people have opportunity right now. The claim with reparations is that blacks do not have that opportunity because they are in poor neighborhoods, do not have access to generational wealth, do not have access to education opportunities, and generally do not have access to those opportunities that whites have.

And that is why I point to people that exist that also do not have that opportunity for much the same reasons.
Not this generational wealth crap again. If that existed, then why are there any poor whites today, if they all receive that "generational wealth?"

You know what kills generational wealth? Single black women raising children all on their own. It's not white people's fault that 67% of black children are born to single mothers.

Why the hell does it matter if they would of been wealthy? The question isn't about whether or not they'd be wealthy but whether or not they were victims of injustice.

It's right there in the word eligible you moron. The Black people who are eligible would be the black people who were victims.

It ends when we end the injustice we inflict on people.

I don't care. I can see the effect discrimination and injustice has had on the black american community.

Why the hell does it matter if they would of been wealthy? The question isn't about whether or not they'd be wealthy but whether or not they were victims of injustice.

Because we’re not just talking about injustice, we’re talking about paying for decades of generational wealth…in which they are suggesting that every black person born in America should be given millions of dollars, but not ever black person that came up from descendants of slavery would have become a millionaire.

Are you suggesting that the injustice is worth 5 milllion to each person? How do you prove that everyone has been subjected to injustice? There are a lot of black people who haven’t faced life changing discrimination, at least not that one can prove. Do those who had ample opportunity get the same amount as those who have been the victim of genuine racial discrimination?

How do you prove someone’s situation is a result of discrimination and not just a bad lot in life…or as you said, bad choices?

It's right there in the word eligible you moron. The Black people who are eligible would be the black people who were victims

Let’s not play semantics. Some of these studies say people have to prove they were descendants of slavery, some say all black peoples born in America should get reparations.

How do you determine who was a victim? Some would say all black people are a victim.

It ends when we end the injustice we inflict on people.

Ok, sooooo, black people will say that as long as white people are in charge of everything, there will be racial injustice and discrimination. So you are proposing that every eligible black person for the next 10…20…30 years? will be made a wealthy person until such time as black people are a controlling majority of employment, law, and government?

So not only do you want every black persona to be wealthy, you want them to be in control of everything, even though the are still a minority in the country, and will be for a long time still?

I don't care. I can see the effect discrimination and injustice has had on the black american community.

I understand and I agree, but I don’t agree that because of that, that every black person who is eligible should be made wealthy for the next decade or more.

You also haven’t addressed what such a proposal would do to the economy, or people who are not black. Imagine how prices would be if 90% of tbe black communities were all multimillionaires, they’d be the only ones who could afford anything…what’s your take on that?

Because we’re not just talking about injustice, we’re talking about paying for decades of generational wealth…in which they are suggesting that every black person born in America should be given millions of dollars, but not ever black person that came up from descendants of slavery would have become a millionaire.
I'm talking about injustice, I don't know what you're crying about. It's not likely George Floyd's family would of ended up millionaires either but him being a victim of injustice has made them so.
Are you suggesting that the injustice is worth 5 milllion to each person? How do you prove that everyone has been subjected to injustice? There are a lot of black people who haven’t faced life changing discrimination, at least not that one can prove. Do those who had ample opportunity get the same amount as those who have been the victim of genuine racial discrimination?
I propose a commission to determine the depth of American discrimination against Black Americans.
How do you prove someone’s situation is a result of discrimination and not just a bad lot in life…or as you said, bad choices?
I'm not. That's not what I'm doing at all. I don't care what their situation is now, I'm only concerned with justice for victims of injustice. The level of justice they deserve is determined by the level of injustice they suffered.
Let’s not play semantics. Some of these studies say people have to prove they were descendants of slavery, some say all black peoples born in America should get reparations.
And? What does have to do with the discussion you and I are having?
How do you determine who was a victim? Some would say all black people are a victim.
That's what the commission is for.
Ok, sooooo, black people will say that as long as white people are in charge of everything, there will be racial injustice and discrimination. So you are proposing that every eligible black person for the next 10…20…30 years? will be made a wealthy person until such time as black people are a controlling majority of employment, law, and government?
What? Why do you think it's my responsibility to answer for what you have fantasized some Black people saying? :dunno:
So not only do you want every black persona to be wealthy, you want them to be in control of everything, even though the are still a minority in the country, and will be for a long time still?
:lol:

Are you in full cosplay mode now? Maybe in your next post you can write me an evil monolog.
I understand and I agree, but I don’t agree that because of that, that every black person who is eligible should be made wealthy for the next decade or more.
Because you don't believe in justice? Because you don't believe Black Americans were victims of injustice? Or because you think the injustice Black Americans suffered wasn't that bad?
You also haven’t addressed what such a proposal would do to the economy, or people who are not black. Imagine how prices would be if 90% of tbe black communities were all multimillionaires, they’d be the only ones who could afford anything…what’s your take on that?
My take is that your frightful fantasies amuse me. :lol:

I'm talking about injustice, I don't know what you're crying about. It's not likely George Floyd's family would of ended up millionaires either but him being a victim of injustice has made them so.

I propose a commission to determine the depth of American discrimination against Black Americans.

I'm not. That's not what I'm doing at all. I don't care what their situation is now, I'm only concerned with justice for victims of injustice. The level of justice they deserve is determined by the level of injustice they suffered.

That's what the commission is for.

What? Why do you think it's my responsibility to answer for what you have fantasized some Black people saying? :dunno:

:lol:

Are you in full cosplay mode now? Maybe in your next post you can write me an evil monolog.

Because you don't believe in justice? Because you don't believe Black Americans were victims of injustice? Or because you think the injustice Black Americans suffered wasn't that bad?

That’s because Floyd was killed by a police officer, we watched it happen, but you are apparently trying to meld all “injustice” into one pot and say “they all deserve millions”.

From what you have said, you are not even talking about the loss of generational wealth, you are simply saying that “injustice happened, everyone deserves to be wealthy”.

You suggest a commission to study the level of discrimination put upon the black community…so is this a “everyone gets the same” kind of deal or “assign levels of compensation dependent on level of discrimination”? The second would be nearly impossible because you could never accurately quantify the level of discrimination each person has suffered.

Because there have been commissions already seated and some of them say that all black people get reparations and some say you have to prove you are a descendent, and there are those who suggest that some of these models be used nationwide.

Because it’s not just “some black people”, it’s the majority. What do you think “systemic racism” is all about? If that’s what the majority of black people believe, then they will not feel justice has been done until they are in control of that system. Until such time as that happens, they would say that black people should receive ongoing reparations.

I’m saying that the economic damage that was suffered would not equate to making every single eligible black person a multi millionaire, because as stated, not every black person would have ended up as a millionaire naturally.

My take is that you are avoiding the question because you know the problems it would cause…or you don’t care and think the problems are justified.

Also, in this whole thing you have to consider one other thing, if you were to make most black people multimillionaires, you are creating discrimination against all the rest of the people, who had no hand in the atrocities that were inflicted on black people. Youll be expecting that all black people can live high on the hog, free education, free homes, guaranteed income, over other people who had no part in the plight of black Americans. Plus, the harm that would be caused due to the shift in the economy would put a lot of white, Hispanic, Asian and others in ruin. Is this part of the deal?

You can’t address one without considering the impact of the rest. Imagine how the economy would suffer.

Let’s say ..30 million eligible black people were given 5 million, a free home of their choice, guaranteed income for life, and this extended to every black child when they turn 18 years old. Now, imagine the millions of people who would leave the employment market, so they can go to college full time, or just live off their money? Maybe some would start businesses. Production would go down, which means demand would soar, and prices would skyrocket…and the only ones who could afford to live would be those who had all this money.

Now…is this acceptable to you? Do you think those white folks deserve that?

Im from the middle class..im white and I got no leg up from the government…a local college rejected my application. Pro reparation blm people insult me… they lie everyday

I’ve had moderate success through my own hard work , self employment including poker.

I have the same opportunities as middle class blacks who like me grew up with middle class parents

Left wing racists say poor whites are poor bc of bad choices…a sick deranged view as some whites are born to drug addicted parents, some poor whites are physically disabled

Last edited:
My grandparents came here in the early 1900s and were treated poorly for being Irish. I have not benefitted from slavery through my ancestors. I also descend from the Northern Potawatomi Native Americans. A lot of Blacks have white ancestors through consensual means.to say all whites today are responsible is so ridiculous.
Nobody is saying whites today are responsible, we are speaking of the injustices and basic human rights that black folks were denied for centuries in this country.

What restitution was given to black folks after slavery? 0.

What restitution was given to black folks after Jim Crow? 0.

Bullshit. You are just looking for a payout and you know goddamn well America is a lot easier to shakedown vs. any African Nation. There is nothing more injust and inhumane than selling your own people into slavery; to another race no less.
You dumbass POS what was given to the slaves after slavery?

What was given to black folks after Jim Crow?

What was given to the Jewish folks after the Holocaust?

Shakedown my ass, former slaveowners were given reparations, Japanese-Americans were given reparations, Native Americans were given certain reparations, Eskimos were given payouts and none of you cocksuckas opened your damn mouth, but when it comes to the group of Americans who were done a grave injustice for centuries now you are bitching up.

You want to point to people that are not alive today, they are not relevant. What is relevant is how that translates into problems today.
Bullshit, there are many black folks still living today that came through Jim Crow, hell you are talking to one of them.
Reparations are not to address the injustice of slavery. That is what the racists claim. They are to address injustices that have been created to day because of the problems of the past. Injustices like redlining that corralled black families into neighborhoods that do not have access to good education right now.

I don't care what dead black people faced and modern blacks deserve nothing whatsoever due to those dead people. What matters is that people have opportunity right now. The claim with reparations is that blacks do not have that opportunity because they are in poor neighborhoods, do not have access to generational wealth, do not have access to education opportunities, and generally do not have access to those opportunities that whites have.

And that is why I point to people that exist that also do not have that opportunity for much the same reasons.
That is the thinking of most racist, I guess you will wait until all the folks who were alive during Jim Crow are dead and then whine there are no black folks alive today who lived through Jim Crow. Before you start running that DS study some history on slavery and Jim Crow and what the effects were and still effect black folks today and then come back and talk to us.

You dumbass POS what was given to the slaves after slavery?

What was given to black folks after Jim Crow?

What was given to the Jewish folks after the Holocaust?

Shakedown my ass, former slaveowners were given reparations, Japanese-Americans were given reparations, Native Americans were given certain reparations, Eskimos were given payouts and none of you cocksuckas opened your damn mouth, but when it comes to the group of Americans who were done a grave injustice for centuries now you are bitching up.
-Africa nor its nations helped the US bomb Japan.
  • Africa nor its nations contributed to Eskimos being mistreated.
  • Did Africa or its nations exterminate Jews?

African Nations were the root cause of slavery. I’m not suggesting the the US not pay. African Nations that sold Blacks into slavery need to pay too.

Bullshit, there are many black folks still living today that came through Jim Crow, hell you are talking to one of them.

That is the thinking of most racist, I guess you will wait until all the folks who were alive during Jim Crow are dead and then whine there are no black folks alive today who lived through Jim Crow. Before you start running that DS study some history on slavery and Jim Crow and what the effects were and still effect black folks today and then come back and talk to us.
You keep pushing for reparations solely from the US Taxpayer even though African Nations are the root cause.

Name a price per individual eligible for reparations.

PS: Barack and Kamala aren’t eligible. Their families owned and/or traded Black slaves.

Why are whites making these kinds of comments after being given trillions of dollars worth of economic assistance from the government that blacks were denied and yetthey still ask for more today?
When is Harris going to pay restitution for the slaves her family achieved wealth from?

Forum List

Back