Trump. Abortions no longer a major issue and other related issues.

You think Democrats in the Senate will agree with an abortion ban?

Republicans know better than think they can get a nationwide ban
After the election, they will pass more stringent state bans and restrictions on access
The Supreme Court is where the real damage will be done

No question. And IMHO that's a good thing. We have one party rule here in CA and they've turned the place into a shithole. You need the two parties to keep you honest.
who is this they will be "keeping honest?" a guy with total immunity?

your faith in bipartisanship as a check or balance is quite touching.

"they will be cooperative, esp after watching the tragic ends of bernie and liz warren."

Republicans know better than think they can get a nationwide ban
And Democrats know better than to think they can codify Roe in the Federal law. But that won't slow Harris down from running her entire campaign on ABORTION ABORTION ABORTION.
After the election, they will pass more stringent state bans and restrictions on access
The Supreme Court is where the real damage will be done
Nah. It's been years. The states that were ever going to pass restriction on abortion have already done so.

And the number of abortions rose after Dobbs.

Trump seems to understand that abortion is a losing issue for Republicans but he is wrong, it's going to be a big deal still.

https://thehill.com/homenews/4819080-trump-downplays-abortion-issue/

I argued the Republicans should have sided with Roberts. I believe he went with a 20 weeks ban which would have fit an updated RvW timeline. Viable.

Premature babies are now routinely viable at 22 weeks. 21 in some cases so 20 would have gave the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.wsj.com/health/healthcare/premature-babies-hospitals-pregnancy-fa1f091f

What we got is an increase in abortions.

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/24/abortion-increase-roe-wade-state-ban

If Trump didn't want abortion to be a major issue in this years election he shouldn't have picked a guy that has made such creepy policy proposals over abortion.

JD Vance called for ‘federal response’ to block women from traveling for abortions
Abortions are no longer a major issue in for presidential elections.

Maybe you haven’t heard by it’s up to the states

who is this they will be "keeping honest?" a guy with total immunity?

your faith in bipartisanship as a check or balance is quite touching.
?? I never said anything about bipartisanship. But having an opposing party prevents ideologues from passing really stupid laws.
"they will be cooperative, esp after watching the tragic ends of bernie and liz warren."
huh?

You people are the only ones still harping on the issue,
There's a topic on the front page of this forum about Tim Walz and abortion.

Not a day has gone by since Walz was selected that there hasn't been a topic about abortion.

Try to catch up.

You have it exactly backwards.

Democrats believe women should be allowed to decide about abortion.

Republicans don't want them to have such control.
No they don’t. Women are deciding now across the country. You don’t want them to be able to

Trump seems to understand that abortion is a losing issue for Republicans but he is wrong, it's going to be a big deal still.

https://thehill.com/homenews/4819080-trump-downplays-abortion-issue/

I argued the Republicans should have sided with Roberts. I believe he went with a 20 weeks ban which would have fit an updated RvW timeline. Viable.

Premature babies are now routinely viable at 22 weeks. 21 in some cases so 20 would have gave the benefit of the doubt.

https://www.wsj.com/health/healthcare/premature-babies-hospitals-pregnancy-fa1f091f

What we got is an increase in abortions.

https://www.axios.com/2023/10/24/abortion-increase-roe-wade-state-ban

If Trump didn't want abortion to be a major issue in this years election he shouldn't have picked a guy that has made such creepy policy proposals over abortion.

JD Vance called for ‘federal response’ to block women from traveling for abortions
Yes, the Republican response to abortion has always been hateful and angry.

As I have pointed out countless times, 2/3 of Americans are opposed to abortion after the first trimester. This means even people who identify as "pro-choice" have beliefs in direct conflict with Roe v. Wade.

This was a YUGE opportunity for the organization formerly known as the Republican party, but they blew it.

As I have also pointed out countless times, the answer to abortion is birth control education. Half of all abortions are the result of no birth control being used, and another fifth are the result of improper or inconsistent use of birth control.

Again, the Right is blowing a huge opportunity to get the upper hand on this issue.

We have allowed the extremists to control the discussion. Such as JD Vance and the state of Texas wanting to jail people who drive a pregnant woman out of state for an abortion.

That's just plain hateful and ignorant.

JD Vance also said victims of rape and incest should be forced to carry their pregnancy to birth.

Trump, on the other hand, is a master of knowing what people want to hear which is why he supports a ban after 15 weeks, which is right in line with what 2/3 of Americans want.

But the real solution is birth control education.

Trump supports a 15 week fetal age limit on abortion and supports IVF. The Democrat Gaslighting Campaign continues to sow the LIES on YOUTUBE and TikTok that Trump wants an all out abortion ban and is against IVF. Lies are all the Democrats have, we'll see if they can convince enough ill-informed Americans to believe them.

If you wish to address what I actually said, great. (One can never determine what Trump ever actually supports).

trump also spieled that bullshit about doctors waiting for the baby to be born to abort it . is that really legal anywhere? infanticide is illegal in every state, and the minute the doc catches that package, abortion laws no longer apply.

With Intact Dilation and Evacuation the fetus was outside of the woman's body except for the head.

We banned that and it was upheld based upon the formula set up RvW.

With the overturn of RvW that restriction was tossed also.

Forum List

Back