Paying reparations in America would be immoral- The reality of slavery in America versus everywhere else

Why do I need to? What country are we talking about in Africa?
The fact that any country or one country in Africa sold Blacks into slavery then and now does not bother you is beyond disturbing. You are just looking for a payout and willing to milk the US taxpayer. How much do you want? You are so adamant, let’s hear your figure.

They did it for your grandparents.

My grandparents came here in the early 1900s and were treated poorly for being Irish. I have not benefitted from slavery through my ancestors. I also descend from the Northern Potawatomi Native Americans. A lot of Blacks have white ancestors through consensual means.to say all whites today are responsible is so ridiculous.

The fact that any country or one country in Africa sold Blacks into slavery then and now does not bother you is beyond disturbing. You are just looking for a payout and willing to milk the US taxpayer. How much do you want? You are so adamant, let’s hear your figure.
See I have seen your foolish game too many times before, you try to take the focus from America where the crimes were committed and start saying, "What about Africa, what about Africa." Africa is a continent; what country or countries are we talking about in Africa?

My grandparents came here in the early 1900s and were treated poorly for being Irish. I have not benefitted from slavery through my ancestors. I also descend from the Northern Potawatomi Native Americans. A lot of Blacks have white ancestors through consensual means.to say all whites today are responsible is so ridiculous.
This also does not include the myriad of Americans located in small, rural counties that have virtually nothing filled with very poor white people.

Some of them even have people in their past that directly benefitted from slavery but none of that exists for them today.

This is the prime problem with the term 'white privilege.' It ignores the myriad of people that are white and have no such privilege whatsoever.

Forum List

Back