Learn something new everyday.

HereWeGoAgain

Diamond Member
Dec 15, 2010
Fuck Y'all I'm From Texas!
Not being a revolver Guy I dont know much about their function.
Was checking out the S&W 610 today and noticed a bit of play in the cylinder rotationally. It wasnt much,I'd say around .015 thousandths of an inch.
Learned that you need to need to pull back the hammer and hold the trigger back and let the hammer fall back into place and then check for movement in the cylinder.
Rock steady.

There is a "bolt" that locks into the bottom of the cylinder. Really all one needs to do is fully cock it and it locks, in DA it will lock when the cylinder is over the bolt (just ahead and above trigger) Cylinder has 6 recesses (or number of rounds) for the bolt. 2nd pic shows the recesses on the cylinder and recessed ramp to let the bolt into place as it turns.
3233_290_383-the-ejector-revolver.jpg
fetch

There is a "bolt" that locks into the bottom of the cylinder. Really all one needs to do is fully cock it and it locks, in DA it will lock when the cylinder is over the bolt (just ahead and above trigger) Cylinder has 6 recesses (or number of rounds) for the bolt. 2nd pic shows the recesses on the cylinder and recessed ramp to let the bolt into place as it turns.
3233_290_383-the-ejector-revolver.jpg
fetch

There's a lot of good info in this thread regarding cylinder lock up.

There's a lot of good info in this thread regarding cylinder lock up.

Yes, good info thanks. I'll have to dig out my S&W M64 stainless and check it out, it should be pretty tight still like almost factory.

Forum List

Back