Democrats did not applaud Reagan’s attempted assassination and cheer for another try

Well, okay, now I know having a rational discussion with you is not possible.
Yes, it’s hard to have a rational discussion with someone so brainwashed that she thinks Trump is a threat to democracy.

And I see that you’re a dumbshit Trump sucker.
And I see you’re another Brit to put on ignore. Get your nose out of our business, and stop going onto an American site to issue disgusting profanities against Americans who want to save our democracy from the “transformers.”

And I see you’re another Brit to put on ignore. Get your nose out of our business, and stop going onto an American site to issue disgusting profanities against Americans who want to save our democracy from the “transformers.”
“Mission Accomplished!”

In the text, which was addressed “To the American people,” Trump declared, “There’s nothing wrong with America’s Foreign Defense Policy that a little backbone can’t cure.” The problem was America’s leading role in defending democracy, which had been fulfilled by Republicans and Democrats all the way back to FDR. Foreshadowing his 2015 argument that would have Mexico pay for an American-built border wall, Trump then said that the United States should present its allies with a bill for defense services rendered.

The ads, which cost more than $90,000, came after Trump had visited the Soviet Union and met with Mikhail Gorbachev. (A few years earlier, Trump had offered himself as a replacement for Reagan’s nuclear arms control negotiators, whom he considered too soft.) Trump followed his letter to America with a trip to Portsmouth, New Hampshire, where voters were eyeing the candidates in the 1988 primary. There he spoke to the Rotary Club, which met at Yoken’s restaurant, where the sign out front featured a spouting whale and the slogan, “Thar she blows!” In his talk, Trump sounded some of the same themes he offers today, except for the fact that the bad guys who were laughing at the United States were the Japanese and not the Mexicans or Chinese.

“We’re being ripped off and decimated by many foreign nations who are supposedly our allies,” said Trump. “Why can’t we have a share of their money? I don’t mean you demand it. But I tell you what, folks, we can ask in such a way that they’re going to give it to us—if the right person’s asking. … The Japanese, when they negotiate with us, they have long faces. But when the negotiations are over, it is my belief—I’ve never seen this—they laugh like hell.”

Trump’s 1987 pseudo-campaign generated invaluable amounts of free publicity and contributed greatly to the sales of The Art of the Deal, which appeared on shelves a few weeks after Trump spoke in Portsmouth. The experience reinforced what Trump already knew about manipulating the press corps, which then, as now, found him irresistible. (Audiences loved him too. One woman in New Hampshire told a reporter that Trump reeked of the “aphrodisiac” of power.)

In the pages of the book, he defended his practice of hype, calling it “truthful hyperbole,” and he hinted at his future practice of outrageous rhetoric, noting that the press “love stories about extreme.”
If you were as proficient on the half century of Joe and his chameleon ways as a snake in the grass perhaps many would take this more seriously. Let's face it. 2024 is not 1987.

“Mission Accomplished!”
Not quite yet. We still have to get Trump back into his rightful role as president, and keep him from another assassin’s bullet as he reverses the damage the Left has caused. THEN our mission will be accomplished.

If you were as proficient on the half century of Joe and his chameleon ways as a snake in the grass perhaps many would take this more seriously. Let's face it. 2024 is not 1987.
She’s a lying Muslim.

Example please.

I have had my name put on a tombstone and the poster said "Here lies SS, someone did the world a favor" because I don't think the vaccines are effective.

Here. On USMB. This happens to conservatives all the time, and everywhere.

I have had my name put on a tombstone and the poster said "Here lies SS, someone did the world a favor" because I don't think the vaccines are effective.

Here. On USMB. This happens to conservatives all the time, and everywhere.
There is no level of hate to which Democrats won’t sink.

The best part: This poster is a hospital administrator.

I think about that sometimes. This is what we have lurking in the medical establishment.
That is a scary thought. if there were two dying patients, in need of a heart, and one was an illegal scofflaw and the other a law-abiding Reoublican, we know who the hospital of the future, staffed with posters like that, would give it to.

That is a scary thought. if there were two dying patients, in need of a heart, and one was an illegal scofflaw and the other a law-abiding Reoublican, we know who the hospital of the future, staffed with posters like that, would give it to.

The Covid mess opened my eyes to how inhumane people in the "caring" professions can really be. Sadly, I include my own profession in that. The way people I had been teaching with for years suddenly didn't want to be near the children we teach bc they were "disease vectors" was disgusting to me.

It's like these full grown adults had never thought through their own mortality at all. And this was not in the first few weeks when people didn't know better--it was months and months later even. Sigh.

Well, hopefully, they would give it to the person with the greatest need, or the greatest chance of a good outcome.

You know, based on SOUND MEDICAL DATA, not political affiliation, Edith.

The Covid mess opened my eyes to how inhumane people in the "caring" professions can really be. Sadly, I include my own profession in that. The way people I had been teaching with for years suddenly didn't want to be near the children we teach bc they were "disease vectors" was disgusting to me.

It's like these full grown adults had never thought through their own mortality at all. And this was not in the first few weeks when people didn't know better--it was months and months later even. Sigh.

Um, you mean people didn't want to die when there were alternatives until we got this thing under control?

Yes, this shows how deranged Democrats have become. There are many who have applauded the attempt, and cheer in approval when someone (of course another Dem) says he’s sorry he missed.

THIS is how disgusting some of you have become. It will spell the end of the Democrat Party rule, as decent people see it - and reject it.

(And consider how the DEI push almost cost Trump his life and did indeed cost one of his supporters his. The incompetent Secret Service chief put the A-team on Jill Biden’s rally, and substituted the practice squad for Trump. And then, to cover the fact the DEI has resulted in an unqualified workforce even in critical positions, she makes up a lie about the sloped roof.)

Why can't you people spell correctly? Democratic Party, and you claim to be an educator.

Forum List

Back