Lebanese villagers repel Islamist fighters who crossed from Syria

Sally

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2012
Good for the Lebanese villagers.

Date August 10, 2014

BEIRUT - Fighters identified as Islamist militants crossed into Lebanon from Syria on Saturday, triggering an exchange of fire with Lebanese villagers who forced them back across the border, Lebanese security sources and a villager said.

The gun battle near the village of Kfar Qouq followed a battle between gunmen and Syrian security forces on the other side of frontier, the sources said. It was not immediately clear if there were any casualties.

Read more:

There has been a lot of pride and support in Lebanon for their army. Videos, songs, banners all for the army and Lebanon.

There has been a lot of pride and support in Lebanon for their army. Videos, songs, banners all for the army and Lebanon.

oh......unconfuse me........what happened to Hezbollah? -------who is Lebanon calling its
army? ------uhm-----some people say that the people of Lebanon see HEZBOLLAH---as
the Lebanese army------like in the southern places I kinda thought that the border
between Syria and Lebanon----was kinda Hezbollah headquarters because their bunkers
are embedded in the hills ?????????

oh......unconfuse me........what happened to Hezbollah? -------who is Lebanon calling its
army? ------uhm-----some people say that the people of Lebanon see HEZBOLLAH---as
the Lebanese army------like in the southern places I kinda thought that the border
between Syria and Lebanon----was kinda Hezbollah headquarters because their bunkers

There is actually a Lebanese army. During the civil war the military was for the most part on lock down. It could not participate for any side. After the war, Lebanon had to get new equipment as planes and armored vehicles had rusted away. They had to be retrained on much of what they procured.
Hezbullah had it's own military which for a time was larger and better equipped, thanks to Iran and Syria, than the Lebanese

There is actually a Lebanese army. During the civil war the military was for the most part on lock down. It could not participate for any side. After the war, Lebanon had to get new equipment as planes and armored vehicles had rusted away. They had to be retrained on much of what they procured.
Hezbullah had it's own military which for a time was larger and better equipped, thanks to Iran and Syria, than the Lebanese

yes----I understand that there is a Lebanese military----but I kinda thought they were
rendered less important than Hezbollah with some elements in Lebanon considering them
the REAL Lebanese army. What is the position of Hezbollah now-----have they faded
away at all?

yes----I understand that there is a Lebanese military----but I kinda thought they were
rendered less important than Hezbollah with some elements in Lebanon considering them
the REAL Lebanese army. What is the position of Hezbollah now-----have they faded
away at all?

A large number of fighters are in Syria with Assad's army. Lebanese army has taken control of some of the south but they do not fully control all of it.
UN observers are down there as well.

Forum List

Back