LED lightbulb flicker rate could be giving us headaches expert warns

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
LED Lightbulb Flicker Rate Could be Giving Us HEADACHES, Expert Warns

Energy-saving lightbulbs could be giving us all headaches as they flicker too much.

LED bulbs can bring on feelings of dizziness and pain within just 20 minutes of switching them on, an expert has warned.

Professor Arnold Wilkins, professor of psychology at the University of Essex, said the flickering of the unpopular lights is stronger than for traditional lightbulbs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But hey trust the FCC , trust your parental Government they would never allow anything that hurts us, nor would they give us things for health lets say that would ever kill us. Noooo whatever gave you that idea.

Never mind being filthy rich means more to them than you or your kid, no money is ever made from the circle of make them think it's all good as we sell them bs leading them along.

I've been using LED light bulbs for over 10 years and I don't have flickering. If they're flickering then they need changing.

• Banned
I've been using LED light bulbs for over 10 years and I don't have flickering. If they're flickering then they need changing.

It is so subliminal most people don't notice it.

• Banned

The TV you watch does it, this has been known for decades. Just like when they told people twenty years later that lights had mercury in them . I believe the CFL, but of course if you are snopes worshipper they'll tell you anything that is true it's not true.

Actually, they do flicker. AC is alternating current. LEDs are DC or direct curent. So in 60 hz, or 60 cycles per second, they are off a half second for every second.
But movies are usually 24 frames a second. So LED's are nearly three times faster. So I find it hard to believe at such a high flicker rate, it could actually affect anyone. But it would take studies to know for sure.

• Banned
Actually, they do flicker. AC is alternating current. LEDs are DC or direct curent. So in 60 hz, or 60 cycles per second, they are off a half second for every second.
But movies are usually 24 frames a second. So LED's are nearly three times faster. So I find it hard to believe at such a high flicker rate, it could actually affect anyone. But it would take studies to know for sure.

The TV's are suppose to have a trance like flicker rate which is what causes people to like zone out at times while watching it.

Energy-saving lightbulbs could be giving us all headaches as they flicker too much.

LED bulbs can bring on feelings of dizziness and pain within just 20 minutes of switching them on, an expert has warned.

Professor Arnold Wilkins, professor of psychology at the University of Essex, said the flickering of the unpopular lights is stronger than for traditional lightbulbs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But hey trust the FCC , trust your parental Government they would never allow anything that hurts us, nor would they give us things for health lets say that would ever kill us. Noooo whatever gave you that idea.

Never mind being filthy rich means more to them than you or your kid, no money is ever made from the circle of make them think it's all good as we sell them bs leading them along.

Actually what gives me a headache is morons who think Alex Jones is a source for anything except hair-on-fire bullshit, get set straight on that ------------- and then go right back to it again as a source expecting somehow different results.

First, this supposed source, if he actually exists, is listed as a "professor of psychology" --- not physics. Nor is he an electrical engineer.

Second, the alternating current he brings up alternates not at "hundreds of times every second" as he ignorantly claims. It's sixty. And in England where he is, fifty. And that's been the case for as long as alternating current has been with us -- well over a hundred years.

Third, incandescent light bulbs --- the less efficient original design that Edison came up with ---- ALSO turn on and off sixty (not "hundreds") of times a second, and have been since alternating current has been with us, that same hundred-plus years. Have we had "headaches" for a hundred years?

Fourth, dimmer switches -- those dials that dial up or down the light intensity --- work by varying the rate of that alternating current, meaning your dim light is simply flickering more slowly and spending more time 'off'.

And Fifth --- none of this has jack squat to do with the "FCC". That's the Federal Communications Commission. It regulates what's on the air, not freaking LIGHT.

Tell me --- exactly how stupid do you have to be to not have heard of sixty (or fifty)-cycle alternating current and yet call yourself a "professor"? FREAKING LITTLE KIDS KNOW THIS.

:eusa_doh: :wtf: :banghead:
:cuckoo:

Last edited:
Every lighting source that runs on AC flickers. In America at a 60 Hertz (cycles per second) rate.Normal people get used to it. In Europe (and other places) the rate is 50 Hertz and an American will notice it for a few days. Then he/she/it gets used to it and the flicker "goes away". Then they come home and suddenly the lights are flickering. For a few days.

Off course there are those abnormal people who can feel whatever that shit inside their heads reacting to things like cell phone towers. All they need is a good aluminum foil hat. Said hat might also (given sufficient belief) sooth the flicker. Especially if pulled down over the eyes.

Charging? I they are battery operated, like in a flashlight, they are running by direct current, or DC. They are on all the time. If they flicker, it could be a poor connection. But I'm not saying you're wrong. I just never saw one flicker unless the connection in the flashlight was poor. It tended to go dim until it went off completely because of not enough battery charge.

The TV's are suppose to have a trance like flicker rate which is what causes people to like zone out at times while watching it.

Anyone suckered into watching TV is by definition "zoned out". But it's not because of a flicker rate, which applies to cathode-ray tubes that nobody uses any more and the local thrift store can't sell off. It's because TV is designed to make passive sponges out of its victims by dictating every thing that goes on and every sensory input. That's why it's a propaganda device to soak your mind in dumb-down brine so it can sell shit you don't need (which is the definition of advertising).

That propaganda is equally effective whether it's done on a CRT, an LCD or an Android screen.

Dr. Mercola and Dr. Wunsch on the Dangers of LED Lights

Anyone suckered into watching TV is by definition "zoned out". But it's not because of a flicker rate, which applies to cathode-ray tubes that nobody uses any more and the local thrift store can't sell off. It's because TV is designed to make passive sponges out of its victims by dictating every thing that goes on and every sensory input. That's why it's a propaganda device to soak your mind in dumb-down brine so it can sell shit you don't need (which is the definition of advertising).

That propaganda is equally effective whether it's done on a CRT, an LCD or an Android screen.

Why some people can't believe it is beyond me when one takes into consideration even Strobe lights can send people into a seizure, so even in that scenario proves how lights can have an effects on the brain.

Every lighting source that runs on AC flickers. In America at a 60 Hertz (cycles per second) rate.Normal people get used to it. In Europe (and other places) the rate is 50 Hertz and an American will notice it for a few days. Then he/she/it gets used to it and the flicker "goes away". Then they come home and suddenly the lights are flickering. For a few days.

Off course there are those abnormal people who can feel whatever that shit inside their heads reacting to things like cell phone towers. All they need is a good aluminum foil hat. Said hat might also (given sufficient belief) sooth the flicker. Especially if pulled down over the eyes.
The human eye sees at 24 frames per second does it not? Hertz is essentially fps

We see the 24 (or however many) frames a second and the brain tells us we're watching motion. We're not -- we're actually looking at 24 still pictures --- but the brain interprets it as motion. In other words it ignores the individual parts and sees their context, because 24 still pictures a second is too rapid to process individually. If it wasn't fast enough, or if we deliberately slow it down, then we start to see the flicker. You can see it sometimes in hundred-year-old films made with a hand crank that were shot slower than 24 (and consequently look like everybody is moving too fast when they're played back at 24).

Same thing with lights. If 60 or 50 (again, not "hundreds") of cycles were so slow a rate that we'd see a visible flicker, then we'd simply speed up to a higher rate as movies did.

AC was developed (by Nikola Tesla) because it's a far more efficient way to distribute power on a mass scale. That's why it exists. Electric lights have *ALWAYS* "flickered".

Actually what gives me a headache is morons who think Alex Jones is a source for anything except hair-on-fire bullshit, get set straight on that ------------- and then go right back to it again as a source expecting somehow different results.

First, this supposed source, if he actually exists, is listed as a "professor of psychology" --- not physics. Nor is he an electrical engineer.

Second, the alternating current he brings up alternates not at "hundreds of times every second" as he ignorantly claims. It's sixty. And in England where he is, fifty. And that's been the case for as long as alternating current has been with us -- well over a hundred years.

Third, incandescent light bulbs --- the less efficient original design that Edison came up with ---- ALSO turn on and off sixty (not "hundreds") of times a second, and have been since alternating current has been with us, that same hundred-plus years. Have we had "headaches" for a hundred years?

Fourth, dimmer switches -- those dials that dial up or down the light intensity --- work by varying the rate of that alternating current, meaning your dim light is simply flickering more slowly and spending more time 'off'.

And Fifth --- none of this has jack squat to do with the "FCC". That's the Federal Communications Commission. It regulates what's on the air, not freaking LIGHT.

Tell me --- exactly how stupid do you have to be to not have heard of sixty (or fifty)-cycle alternating current and yet call yourself a "professor"? FREAKING LITTLE KIDS KNOW THIS.

What gets me is THE MORONS WE HAVE WHO USE JONES AS THEIR UN-EDUCATED COP OUT and are so UN EDUCATED they can't even do the following Notice adults can change light bulbs SOUNDS about right for your intelligence level.

So ..........k u .............CYKA!

upload_2017-7-31_8-45-21.png

Why some people can't believe it is beyond me when one takes into consideration even Strobe lights can send people into a seizure, so even in that scenario proves how lights can have an effects on the brain.

Strobe lights are going FAR slower than 50 or 60 cycles per second. If they were not ---- THEY WOULDN'T BE STROBE LIGHTS. They would just be another light!

:banghead:

View attachment 141365

I no longer respond to IGNORANT PRICKS.

Excellent. So we can wave BUH-bye to this guy.

gullibles-travels.jpg

Oh by the way you still haven't explained what 50/60 cycle alternating current, used since the 1800s, has to do with 'headaches'. Or why a guy who passes himself off as a "professor" thinks "fifty" is "hundreds". Or how LEDs alternating is any different from the incandescents that have done the same thing since the 19th century. Or what the fuck the "FCC" has to do with any of this.

An oversight I'm sure.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back