Leftist sympathy for the Palestinians

Hector12

Platinum Member
Feb 28, 2023
Many Europeans and Americans on the Left side with the Palestinians against Israel. Nevertheless, I am confident that they would rather live in Israel than in any Muslim country in the world.

In Muslim countries rape victims are often punished.

A gay rights demonstration in a Muslim country is unthinkable. By the time the police arrived to arrest the demonstrators they would have been beaten to death by a raving mob of Muslims.

Many Europeans and Americans on the Left side with the Palestinians against Israel. Nevertheless, I am confident that they would rather live in Israel than in any Muslim country in the world.

A gay rights demonstration in a Muslim country is unthinkable. By the time the police arrived to arrest the demonstrators they would have been beaten to death by a raving mob of Muslims.
Most people have no brain function. Whatever the media tells them to do and think they do and think.

You miss the point entirely.

Zionism is a Western colonialist viewpoint. It's the old "White Man's Burden".

No one expects the Palestinians to embrace our values. (Although the Palestinians tend to be more secular than their Islamic brethren, such as our good buddies, the Saudis).

However, it's wrong for the world to realize that colonialism is wrong, and then give the Zionist Entity a pass because we still feel a sad about the Holocaust.

Right, so when monsters genocide children it's a "left/right" political issue whether you support the monsters or the children.

There wasn't a Germany before 1870. Or an Italy.

There wasn't an "America" before 1776.

The world is full of nations that weren't on maps...
Uh, okay. That's not a very good approach. Germanians referred to themselves using more regional identifications, such as Bavarians, Prussians, Saxons, Württembergers, etc., each working as an independent state with its own laws, government, and customs within the Germanic region. These individual states ended up being unified into modern-day Germany based on the common language, culture, and history among German-speaking people. This was due to a number of actions, including the pan-germanism movement, Bismark's role in the unification process, and the economic and political pressures for unifying.

Not really an apples-to-apples comparison. "Palestinians" just want to destroy Israel and claim the state as Palestine.

Uh, okay. That's not a very good approach. Germanians referred to themselves using more regional identifications, such as Bavarians, Prussians, Saxons, Württembergers, etc., each working as an independent state with its own laws, government, and customs within the Germanic region. These individual states ended up being unified into modern-day Germany based on the common language, culture, and history among German-speaking people. This was due to a number of actions, including the pan-germanism movement, Bismark's role in the unification process, and the economic and political pressures for unifying.

Not really an apples-to-apples comparison. "Palestinians" just want to destroy Israel and claim the state as Palestine.

So you are kind of making my point. Germany as a concept on a common culture existed before a nation of Germany did.

Just like Palestine.

So you are kind of making my point. Germany as a concept on a common culture existed before a nation of Germany did.

Just like Palestine.
The concept of Israel existed before the country of Israel did.

Therre is an important difference between the Jews and the Palestinian. Adolf Hitler put it best in Mein Kampf, Volume I, Chapter XI, "Nation and Race," when he wrote:

"Also, the intellectual abilities were schooled in the course of centuries. Today the Jew is looked upon as 'clever,' and in a certain sense he has been so at all times."

In Mein Kampf, Volume I, "Chapter II, "Years of Study and Suffering in Vienna," Hitler wrote:

"While thus examining the working of the Jewish race over long periods of history, the anxious question suddenly occurred to me whether perhaps inscrutable Destiny...had not unalterably decreed the final victory of this little race?"

The Israelis will always be able to out think and out maneuver the Palestinians. :yes_text12:

Just like Palestine.
Germania existed as a recognized, independent states (on a map) and was unified into a single country. How about "Palestine," which is just a concept with the overreaching goal of evicting Israel? Apples-and-Oranges.

Germania 1870-ish

1723824682486.png

"Palestine" 2024: What does that map look like?

Forum List

Back