Leftists must own Waste Management Systems

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
So this quarter I somehow missed the bill. Naturally I dont want a disruption in service so I call in and pay via credit card. A five dollar fee applies to this transaction. No biggie right?

I just got a bill for five dollars that is separate from my regular quarterly bill.

So wtf I get billed separately for paying my bill...

This fee is collected because it costs manhours and a fee per transaction for them to do these things. It is incentive to pay online or to autopay.

ust another way of gouging! You pay big bucks for these services to begin with.
It's not gouging, as it is an incentive to push people to auto-pay and online pay. They actively encourage people to pay by other methods, and this method costs them more.

This fee is collected because it costs manhours and a fee per transaction for them to do these things. It is incentive to pay online or to autopay.
It costs about 3 to 4%
And if I pay by credit again are they going to be stupid enough to send me a physical bill that costs money?

Absurd.

I will be calling tomorrow and it will be postponed to my regular bill or service will be canceled and they can blow off their 5 fucking dollars.

It costs about 3 to 4%
And if I pay by credit again are they going to be stupid enough to send me a physical bill that costs money?

Absurd.

I will be calling tomorrow and it will be postponed to my regular bill or service will be canceled and they can blow off their 5 fucking dollars.
Easily avoided by paying another way.

It costs about 3 to 4%

Absurd.

I don't mind the fee. The "extra bill" like I'm not trustworthy enough to pay the additional fee on my regular bill is what pisses me off.

I have clients every single day and I often have to provide parts that were unseen additions to the job. I don't run and bill them every single time.
It's a TERRIBLE business plan.

It costs about 3 to 4%

Absurd.

I don't mind the fee. The "extra bill" like I'm not trustworthy enough to pay the additional fee on my regular bill is what pisses me off.

I have clients every single day and I often have to provide parts that were unseen additions to the job. I don't run and bill them every single time.
In an environment with lots of competition, sure. But I bet you still sometimes charge a premium for things that take more time and cost you more money.

So this quarter I somehow missed the bill. Naturally I dont want a disruption in service so I call in and pay via credit card. A five dollar fee applies to this transaction. No biggie right?

I just got a bill for five dollars that is separate from my regular quarterly bill.

That would be RWNJ credit card legislation and the elimination of consumer protections, again done by RWNJs.

All this shit sounds real cool until you realize it applies to you too right?

It costs about 3 to 4%

Absurd.

In an environment with lots of competition, sure. But I bet you still sometimes charge a premium for things that take more time and cost you more money.
I charge for EVERYTHING but I dont ask for 7 dollars for a stop valve 3 days after they pay the weekly draw.
Again i get the fee part. What i don't get is the slap in the face "we don't trust you" attitude.

That would be RWNJ credit card legislation and the elimination of consumer protections, again done by RWNJs.

All this shit sounds real cool until you realize it applies to you too right?
Protection from what? I knew up front there was a charge. That isn't the issue.

Fail

ust another way of gouging! You pay big bucks for these services to begin with.
It's not gouging, as it is an incentive to push people to auto-pay and online pay. They actively encourage people to pay by other methods, and this method costs them more.
Guess what? Folks are human! I discovered I had almost missed paying my cable bill. Had I not taken it to the office I would have been late! A lady sitting there occupying space at the company acted inconvenienced that I paid in person! Really? She was there! Would she rather not have a job? Do I not pay enough on a cable bill to be treated like a human?

It costs about 3 to 4%

Absurd.

It's probably this "nudging" like Fort Fun Indiana posted. I HATE nudging. It's the new thing. My Wegmans supermarket trains its cashiers to say, "Do you have a Wegmans Shopper's card?" as soon as they get near ringing up the total. I believe the point is to hurry us along so we get the card out of the wallet. That way they keep the line moving faster and don't have to hire so many cashiers. They do this even when I hold the card up! So I'm rebelling. I get the ferschluggener card out and the first time I said, "I'm fine, thank you, how are you?" which confused her a lot. The second time I didn't reply at all -- we don't have to reply to questions, it's a submission gesture. She didn't ask again, poor thing. I have a series of strange replies planned. I really don't like being manipulated, as you are being. Anytime they really start rushing me, and they have, I'm planning to say in a definite way, "Let's slow everything right down. I don't want to be hurried." Lots of manipulation occurs in retail, and then they wonder why we all go to Amazon. It's to get away from them, of course.

Forum List

Back