Leftists prepare to attack Trump judicial nominee for DC appeals court

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Trump's DC court pick faces first step in what may be another ugly confirmation battle - CNNPolitics

She makes sense so of course leftists are going to attack her

In one piece for the Yale Herald written in 1994 entitled "Shades of Gray," Rao responded to an alleged date rape incident on campus by writing: "It has always seemed self-evident to me that even if I drank a lot, I would still be responsible for my actions."
She added: "A man who rapes a drunk girl should be prosecuted. At the same time, a good way to avoid a potential date rape is to stay reasonably sober."
In another piece for the Yale Free Press in 1993, in she wrote: "Although I am certainly not arguing that date rape victims ask for it, when playing the modern dating game women have to understand and accept the consequences of their sexuality."

She's 100% right.

But writing for the Washington Times in July 1994, when she was a senior at Yale, Rao argued that while "diversity bean counters" consider her an Asian-Indian "minority" she found herself in the "awkward position of not considering my race and gender very important."
She added that "today's multiculturalists" consider themselves the "self-appointed heirs of the civil rights movement" but in reality, their message is one of "divisiveness not togetherness."
"The multiculturalists are not simply after political reform," she wrote.
"Underneath their touchy-feely talk of tolerance, they seek to undermine American culture," she continued, adding "They argue that culture, society and politics have been defined —and presumably defiled — by white, male heterosexuals hostile to their way of life."
"For example, homosexuals want to redefine marriage and parenthood; feminists in women's studies programs want to replace so-called male rationality with more sensitive responses common to womyn."

Oh I like this woman! I hope she gets on the courts! Nothing pisses off the leftists like a strong conservative woman!

Trump's DC court pick faces first step in what may be another ugly confirmation battle - CNNPolitics

She makes sense so of course leftists are going to attack her

In one piece for the Yale Herald written in 1994 entitled "Shades of Gray," Rao responded to an alleged date rape incident on campus by writing: "It has always seemed self-evident to me that even if I drank a lot, I would still be responsible for my actions."
She added: "A man who rapes a drunk girl should be prosecuted. At the same time, a good way to avoid a potential date rape is to stay reasonably sober."
In another piece for the Yale Free Press in 1993, in she wrote: "Although I am certainly not arguing that date rape victims ask for it, when playing the modern dating game women have to understand and accept the consequences of their sexuality."

She's 100% right.
So basically the left is going to attack because she's not a slut like Dr Balsey Ford was?????

The only way she's not going to be confirmed is if she went on a three-day crack binge, had sex with five 14 year old boys, vandalized someone's car, and ate a live puppy. Otherwise, she's good to go.

Welcome to the bench, Judge Neomi. :biggrin:

Forum List

Back