Let's catch up with Germany

Where do you read this?

On the contra, I had stated that he was one of many "practical" battalion commanders (which is essential to win battles-but the latter does not imply: "winning a war"

If e.g. a Bundeswehr officer or any member would go public on TV - and state that a war can't be won - that person would not just be disciplined but discharged. He/she might even additionally stand on trial for treason.

That proves - that he had no understanding of the military - since the military and it's overall strategy in democratic countries is run by politicians (and as such by their elitist circles and voters) and not solely by the military.
You honestly believe that a highly qualified military like Gen. Westmoreland, didn't know how to win that war?

However if one decides upon becoming a General and/or making a career in the military - he/she needs to "adhere" (ass-kissing might be the better word) towards the political supremos. The US forces logically beat the shit out of those Saddam forces - but couldn't win the war aka the objective of controlling Iraq - simply due to political agendas.

And the last war involving US troops, that was run by the military and their defined strategy - was WWII.
General Westmoreland was held back by President Johnson. And I am sorry I judged you improperly about Hackworth.

The US forces logically beat the shit out of those Saddam forces - but couldn't win the war aka the objective of controlling Iraq - simply due to political agendas.
Iraq is not under the control of those defeated by General Tommy Franks. They won the war against Saddam Hussein.

Forum List

Back