Lets say I stepped out my door into an worm hole and was transported to 1960.

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
Lets say I stepped out my door into an worm hole and was transported to 1960. What I'd describe the future would probably disappoint the people of that time as they had this notion of a future of flying cars, space stations, bases on mars and cures for diseases. Society becoming more liberal and accepting to all! On one hand I'd start out not letting them down too hard with describing computers that sit within your hand that weigh ounces! I'd explain that you could talk to anyone on earth with one and search the vast knowledge of humanity, but on the the second hand I'd sadly inform them that people don't use this knowledge and at least 1/3rd of our population have turned against science and investment in such things. Hell, they'd like to do away with the very concept. I groaned out that we haven't want back to the moon in nearly 50 years. They'd look shocked about this as this was before the moon landing, but I'd just say that our population hates science and spending money on science once again for the reason for not doing so.
-
Angrily, I'd explain that Vast sections of our society hates science, hates logic and hates anything that made your generation look forward towards better. Leading into the sad cold reality that Large sections of the population in my time would whether teach the bible to their children and aim to transform our society back to the dark ages. They ask about what else these people believe and I sadly explain that same section of my society doesn't believe in bargaining rights or unions that have uplifted your parents and grand parents. The rich just like your great grand parents have taken back most of the progress that had been made the following three generations to build our middle class and have done a great deal to reduce economic progress.
-
This is the future your children and grand children have to look forward too as I walk back towards the worm hole. One that simply has little hope if you're not rich and doesn't look upwards anymore.

Last edited:
this is a silly thread and you are a silly person who should feel bad for starting it

this is a silly thread and you are a silly person who should feel bad for starting it

And you're a really stupid person that just doesn't get that he is a useful idiot for the rich.

If you went back in time to the 60s, you'd lie and omit important details about the future such as the increase in violent crimes and single motherhood...oh and suicide bombings and truck attacks...you wouldn't mention those.

Also, you know nothing about me. How am I a pawn to the rich, explain that to me.

Lets say I stepped out my door into an worm hole and was transported to 1960. What I'd describe the future would probably disappoint the people of that time as they had this notion of a future of flying cars, space stations, bases on mars and cures for diseases. Society becoming more liberal and accepting to all! On one hand I'd start out not letting them down too hard with describing computers that sit within your hand that weigh ounces! I'd explain that you could talk to anyone on earth with one and search the vast knowledge of humanity, but on the the second hand I'd sadly inform them that people don't use this knowledge and at least 1/3rd of our population have turned against science and investment in such things. Hell, they'd like to do away with the very concept. I groaned out that we haven't want back to the moon in nearly 50 years. They'd look shocked about this as this was before the moon landing, but I'd just say that our population hates science and spending money on science once again for the reason for not doing so.
-
Angrily, I'd explain that Vast sections of our society hates science, hates logic and hates anything that made your generation look forward towards better. Leading into the sad cold reality that Large sections of the population in my time would whether teach the bible to their children and aim to transform our society back to the dark ages. They ask about what else these people believe and I sadly explain that same section of my society doesn't believe in bargaining rights or unions that have uplifted your parents and grand parents. The rich just like your great grand parents have taken back most of the progress that had been made the following three generations to build our middle class and have done a great deal to reduce economic progress.
-
This is the future your children and grand children have to look forward too as I walk back towards the worm hole. One that simply has little hope if you're not rich and doesn't look upwards anymore.
I think you mean what would happen if you stepped out of your wormhole.

-
-

You would excitedly proclaim the glorious news that Communism has taken quite a political hold on things in the United States in the 21st Century.

Later, you would be found in a ditch. :laugh:

Warn them that LBJ was going to replace the male head of household with a check; that the government was going to takeover and destroy the educational system

-
-

You would excitedly proclaim the glorious news that Communism has taken quite a political hold on things in the United States in the 21st Century.

Stupid fuck, communism is dead, even in communist china.

-
-

Thanks to fools like you, it is alive and well in America.

Anyone else notice that those arguing on ONE side of the political debate are using more abusive language than the other side?

Is it a symptom of their constant losses or the reason for their constant losses in the first place?

Anyone else notice that those arguing on ONE side of the political debate are using more abusive language than the other side?

Is it a symptom of their constant losses or the reason for their constant losses in the first place?
Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!!!

Abusive language on an internet message board...I am going to cry...booohooo!

GFY!

How's that for abusive?

Oh NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo!!!

Abusive language on an internet message board...I am going to cry...booohooo!

GFY!

How's that for abusive?

I'm not offended by it ... I just don't need to use it to make my point.
It's the tell of a losing argument.

-
-

Nope. Merely renamed, and with some additional spice added.

Id tell them that we'll have inconceivable computing power, but still cant predict tge weather

Forum List

Back