Let's try something

Bobby

Rookie
Oct 20, 2013
Let's see if we can come up with a solution to the education gap in a discussion between liberals and conservatives

It's for a school project guys :D I'd appreciate your help!

Let's see if we can come up with a solution to the education gap in a discussion between liberals and conservatives

Your question can be read in many ways. May I suggest that you get some guidance from your teacher.

I choose to read it as:

"When liberals and conservatives have a discussion, there is a gap in the level of education between them. How can we solve this problem?"

Simple solution.....discourage those conservatives who despise higher education from reproducing. Eventually, eduction will become a priority in this nation once again and our discussions can be more productive

The best thing about USMB is how by their own words, Liberals have completely obliterated the myth of their "intellectual superiority"

Charter schooling. Encourage intellectual diversity instead of government driven intellectualism. Essentially, eliminate the government and the corporatists from the educational process. Encourage competition instead of a "level playing field." Don't reward failure, but encourage improvement.

It's for a school project guys :D I'd appreciate your help!

The libs will say spend more on education....I say motivate parents...motivate students...improve school administration/discipline....reward excellence.

Focus on motivating the parents with helping their children do good in school. This area we agree on solidly.

Maybe
1. Kid skips to many days the parent is held responsible for it? How about tying welfare into it for the poorer families.
2. Reward excellence...Better the child does = reward.

The home must be held to a standard if we want to become number one again.

Your question can be read in many ways. May I suggest that you get some guidance from your teacher.

I choose to read it as:

"When liberals and conservatives have a discussion, there is a gap in the level of education between them. How can we solve this problem?"

Simple solution.....discourage those conservatives who despise higher education from reproducing. Eventually, eduction will become a priority in this nation once again and our discussions can be more productive

Tell your teacher LL is one confused bitch.

Charter schooling. Encourage intellectual diversity instead of government driven intellectualism. Essentially, eliminate the government and the corporatists from the educational process. Encourage competition instead of a "level playing field." Don't reward failure, but encourage improvement.

I'd give everyone a choice.
-Public school
-Charter
-Private
-Home school
-Online public school

Solidly agree with you with encouraging intellectual diversity ;) I'd look at the Japanese, south Koreans or Norway on how to model our educational system.

Last edited:
By education gap I mean the difference in educational opportunities between whites and minorities. I should have called it the achievement gap, sorry! One thing I would suggest is channeling funding towards schools rather than prisons.

By education gap I mean the difference in educational opportunities between whites and minorities. I should have called it the achievement gap, sorry! One thing I would suggest is channeling funding towards schools rather than prisons.

Eliminate race quotas. If minority can't make it in school, don't blame the white guy.

Maybe
1. Kid skips to many days the parent is held responsible for it? How about tying welfare into it for the poorer families.
2. Reward excellence...Better the child does = reward. Passes = rewarded and if he/she gets A's = gets rewarded a lot more. ;) This is how capitalism works.

The home must be held to a standard if we want to become number one again. This is really at the center of the difference as the parents don't care.

The right may not agree BUT legalizing pot would go along ways towards this goal. Stick someone into prison = more gang members.

Eliminate race quotas. If minority can't make it in school, don't blame the white guy.

No one is blaming anyone. But the reality is that minorities are not able to succeed as well because of financial and family situations so there needs to be a solution. I don't know what everyone means by "giving rewards." Everyone knows that education provides long term benefits so I don't think that motivation is the issue.

No one is blaming anyone. But the reality is that minorities are not able to succeed as well because of financial and family situations so there needs to be a solution. I don't know what everyone means by "giving rewards." Everyone knows that education provides long term benefits so I don't think that motivation is the issue.

The differences between the races are caused by the parents being committed or not.

This problem had its beginnings when black Americans were not given status as humans. It was further ingrained when segregation led to schools for black Americans being funded at levels that fell far below that of those for white Americans. That situation continued after segregation was officially ended ( the practice continued for lower grades well beyond the 1960's in the South ) because incomes and property values in places where black Americans live are lower than where white Americans live.....resulting in a reduced tax base.

It is generational in nature and has been confirmed by public policy and legal decisions throughout our history.

I suggest looking up Professor Eric Segall at Georgia State University College of Law. He has done a shitload of research on this issue.

Forum List

Back