Let's try something

The blacks in America are far more educated then any other blacks in the world

By education gap I mean the difference in educational opportunities between whites and minorities. I should have called it the achievement gap, sorry! One thing I would suggest is channeling funding towards schools rather than prisons.

Eliminate race quotas. If minority can't make it in school, don't blame the white guy.

What race quotas are you referring to?

Please be specific.

The blacks in America are far more educated then any other blacks in the world

But the lower class in America is far less educated than the middle and upper class, and it is largely minorities. So how do you suggest we resolve this? (unless you seriously think this is about evolution...)

Yeah. And I agree with you that this problem has a historical foundation because of the disadvantages of minorities throughout history. However, policies now are only making it worse.

By education gap I mean the difference in educational opportunities between whites and minorities. I should have called it the achievement gap, sorry! One thing I would suggest is channeling funding towards schools rather than prisons.

What happened to liberals and conservatives?

If you are referring to my first comment, I'm just interested in seeing if people from different political backgrounds are able to come to any type of agreement.

Matthew, how do you suggest getting parents interested?

If you are referring to my first comment, I'm just interested in seeing if people from different political backgrounds are able to come to any type of agreement.

Matthew, how do you suggest getting parents interested?

:confused:

hmm, ok, have fun with your imaginary assignment

Eliminate race quotas. If minority can't make it in school, don't blame the white guy.

No one is blaming anyone. But the reality is that minorities are not able to succeed as well because of financial and family situations so there needs to be a solution. I don't know what everyone means by "giving rewards." Everyone knows that education provides long term benefits so I don't think that motivation is the issue.

Perhaps you should educate yourself on the darker side of our school systems. Somehow liberals love to link minorities to education and household income, then blame others when these minorities don't succeed in the classroom.

Forum List

Back