LGBTs Get Backlash: North Carolinians Began Collecting Damages for NCAA Pulling Out: Oops!

The NCAA is well within it's rights to boycott the state, and North Carolina is well within it's rights to sue if a contract is in place. North Carolina's governor though should weigh very carefully if he goes through with it. Contract violation isn't always easy to prove and the NCAA has very very deep pockets and very good lawyers. Going to court and then on to appeal will cost the taxpayers millions with little hope of recouping the money in a timely manner.
Or they are run by libs and acted out of emotion. If there's a contract they are fucked, good on the governor's office for spanking them.
Here's the governor's spokesman:

Raw Video: N.C. Lt. Governor reacts to NCAA HB2 decision

Here's NC's GOP response: The North Carolina GOP just went nuclear on the NCAA over the bathroom bill

The North Carolina Republican Party responded swiftly and fiercely, defending the law in an incisive rebuke of the NCAA for "political peacocking." In a statement, state GOP spokesperson Kami Mueller said:

This is so absurd it's almost comical. I genuinely look forward to the NCAA merging all men's and women's teams together as singular, unified, unisex teams. Under the NCAA's logic, colleges should make cheerleaders and football players share bathrooms, showers and hotel rooms. This decision is an assault to female athletes across the nation. If you are unwilling to have women's bathrooms and locker rooms, how do you have a women's team? I wish the NCAA was this concerned about the women who were raped at Baylor. Perhaps the NCAA should stop with their political peacocking and instead focus their energies on making sure our nation's collegiate athletes are safe, both on and off the field.

I hope the NCAA has a LOT of $$ to pay for this blunder. They should've taken a lesson from Target Stores' loss of $10 billion in share values from a similar championing of the rogue Rainbow Cult... and ensuing boycott with 1.2 million signatures and more behind the scenes. Think first, then decide if you will destroy yourselves financially, dear LGBT fiscal-terrorists..

I've heard there's a movement now of people who are going to not watch NCAA games. Ouch.

Here's NC's GOP response: The North Carolina GOP just went nuclear on the NCAA over the bathroom bill

The North Carolina Republican Party responded swiftly and fiercely, defending the law in an incisive rebuke of the NCAA for "political peacocking." In a statement, state GOP spokesperson Kami Mueller said:

This is so absurd it's almost comical. I genuinely look forward to the NCAA merging all men's and women's teams together as singular, unified, unisex teams. Under the NCAA's logic, colleges should make cheerleaders and football players share bathrooms, showers and hotel rooms. This decision is an assault to female athletes across the nation. If you are unwilling to have women's bathrooms and locker rooms, how do you have a women's team? I wish the NCAA was this concerned about the women who were raped at Baylor. Perhaps the NCAA should stop with their political peacocking and instead focus their energies on making sure our nation's collegiate athletes are safe, both on and off the field.

I hope the NCAA has a LOT of $$ to pay for this blunder. They should've taken a lesson from Target Stores' loss of $10 billion in share values from a similar championing of the rogue Rainbow Cult... and ensuing boycott with 1.2 million signatures and more behind the scenes. Think first, then decide if you will destroy yourselves financially, dear LGBT fiscal-terrorists..

I've heard there's a movement now of people who are going to not watch NCAA games. Ouch.

It's possible this could hurt them, but I seriously doubt the NCAA is going to be destroyed financially. :rofl:

The NCAA is well within it's rights to boycott the state, and North Carolina is well within it's rights to sue if a contract is in place. North Carolina's governor though should weigh very carefully if he goes through with it. Contract violation isn't always easy to prove and the NCAA has very very deep pockets and very good lawyers. Going to court and then on to appeal will cost the taxpayers millions with little hope of recouping the money in a timely manner.

I'm betting though the NCAA is in the clear on this one. They wouldn't have pulled the events if there wasn't a legal out in the contract.

The NCAA isnt within its rights to boycott a state that preserves the rights of women and children.

Why do libs hate women so much?

I mean, now they want them to grow balls.

Is the NCAA private? If so they can do what they want.why would north Carolina want the games?

The NCAA is completely in the right – legally and morally.

North Carolina’s anti- LGBT measure is nothing but hateful bigotry, and prima facia un-Constitutional – it can’t be invalidated by the courts soon enough.

Perhaps NCAA needs to lose its non-profit status.........prolly not paying their fair share

The NCAA is completely in the right – legally and morally.

North Carolina’s anti- LGBT measure is nothing but hateful bigotry, and prima facia un-Constitutional – it can’t be invalidated by the courts soon enough.

Don't hold your breath. It ain't every day the US Supreme Court institutionalizes sexual harassment of women behind doors marked "women".

Or they are run by libs and acted out of emotion. If there's a contract they are fucked, good on the governor's office for spanking them.
I'll confess, I'm not a lawyer. But my understanding is that contracts involving venues for major events usually have an out allowing cancellation for various reasons for either party. Right or wrong, North Carolina's law has ran afoul of Title IX issues a lot of colleges have become sensitive about and as such I'd imagine there's fertile ground there for cancellation.

Standing will be an issue, as was pointed out earlier. I imagine a lot of the lawsuits will be dismissed due to standing while the rest get stonewalled.

Realistically the only way to punish the NCAA effectively if you disagree with them is a boycott. If you are willing to organize and really fight fire with fire you could advocate for the college athlete's right to form unions. If North Carolina were to find a way to at least threaten to allow their student athletes to unionize the NCAA would fold fast.

And when a ball starts to roll...roll on it shall... (From: NCAA Boycotts NC Over Bathroom Law )

I guess conservatives are finding out their beloved free market can come back to bite them occasionally.
Or, conversely, if conservatives in North Carolina (the state, properly) had oral or written contracts with the NCAA for games being played there for NC's financial enjoyment, the court system will come back to bite the NCAA.

The NCAA cannot commit fiscal-terrorism against North Carolina because that states' sovereign and duly elected representatives of the People of NC are acting to protect women and girls from sexual harassment (being forced by "law" to undress in front of deranged men behind doors marked "women")

This will be taken to Law.

Fiscal terrorism is exactly what it is. It is a conspiracy by a group, using financial punishment as a club, to force women and girls to disrobe in front of men in their showers, locker rooms and bathrooms; whether or not they agree to.

I'm going to guess that the NCAA has protected its right to change tournament venues in whatever legal paperwork may be involved here.

I'm going to guess those rights didn't include "as punishment for North Carolina protecting North Carolina's women and girls from sexual harassment in their showers and bathrooms."

This will be taken to Law, as I said.

Ruh-roh! It's already starting!: This is not the only dude who will lose money if NCAA pulls out of NC:

The day after the announcement, athletic director at East Carolina University, Jeff Compher, spoke out about this decision, saying he is disappointed and that ECU Athletics has already invested close to $8,000 in preparation for the tournament...."Today, I haven't had a follow up question, but in a voicemail message from a representative from the NCAA, they did say they would help us defray any costs that we had incurred, so I hope to have some additional conversations with the NCAA in the next couple days just to see the extent to which they will help us in those costs," Compher says....He also says he's hopeful for a quick resolution and that the games are brought back in the future. ECU's athletic director responds to NCAA pulling games out of North Carolina

Aw heck. Just skip the voicemail conversations and have some lawyers pay them a personal visit to ask how much $$ they're willing to shell out to people in North Carolina already out a ton of cash via preparing for the various (golf, football, basketball...etc.) meets that had been scheduled.

Near as I can tell, you cannot renege on a contract, or fiscally punish individuals here and there because a state passed a law you don't like.
I don't know. Look how Trump's running mate, Pence screwed over Indiana to the tune of tens of millions of lost dollars because of Pence's anti gay legislation? Hate has a cost.

I'll confess, I'm not a lawyer. But my understanding is that contracts involving venues for major events usually have an out allowing cancellation for various reasons for either party. Right or wrong, North Carolina's law has ran afoul of Title IX issues a lot of colleges have become sensitive about and as such I'd imagine there's fertile ground there for cancellation.
You can't punish someone for protecting women and girls from sexual harassment, intimidation or exposure to males in their bathrooms, locker rooms or showers. It can't be done. It is not a legitimate "out" for a contract.

BTW, did you know the 7th circuit fed just announced that Title VII doesn't apply to LGBT? Look up Hively v Ivy Tech (2016).

But let's talk about Title IX
Title IX states that: No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance. Title IX and Sex Discrimination

No biological male has ever been denied the use of the boys room. No biological female has ever been denied the use of the girls room. There is no Title IX issue for boys pretending to be girls to gain access to their hygiene facilities...or vice versa. 'Pretend' or delusions are not covered under Title IX.

Any resolution in your favor would have to require a medical doctor, or probably more likely a whole panel of them testifying that "biology is the same as pretend". Long story short. And no MD would take the chance that their testimony resulted in what everyone can predict: rape of women or girls by allowing males in their showers & locker rooms.

Last edited:

Standing will be an issue, as was pointed out earlier. I imagine a lot of the lawsuits will be dismissed due to standing while the rest get stonewalled.

Realistically the only way to punish the NCAA effectively if you disagree with them is a boycott. If you are willing to organize and really fight fire with fire you could advocate for the college athlete's right to form unions. If North Carolina were to find a way to at least threaten to allow their student athletes to unionize the NCAA would fold fast.
Political correctness likely isn't in the contract. Hurt feelings likely isn't in the contract. Allowing men in the ladies room likely isn't in the contract. Leftists like to pretend sexual preference is a race. It isn't. And declaring it so likely isn't in the contract.

Forum List

Back