Lib cop hater disappointed that modern cops are more fit and don't eat donuts

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
Cops and Biscotti- The Donut Stereotype Is Dead

Hilarious. Stupid lib is stating how disappointed he is that the cop/donut stereotype is just a myth now and how he doesn't like that so many cops these days are more often fit and professional than fat and sloppy.

I swear....you officers just can't do shit right these days. Libs are now mad that you go to the gym after work instead of the bar. That you lift...in his words..."dumbells instead of donuts". He's upset that you are more of a fit young urban professional than...as he says...as sloppy uncle.

images-1.jpeg
images-2.jpeg
images.jpeg

Security+Officer+Fitness+Program+Paul+Blart+Mall+Cop+Rent-A-Cop+Securitas+Madison+Security+Group+Police+Muscle+Ronnie+Coleman+Bodybuilder+Armed+Guns.jpg

Is the guy pictured in the article a security guard? :lol:

mgid:pts:episode:cmt.com:213039-41935-21

We got a few hefty boys....'round here..If you want to elude a cop around here, just run into the woods..They'll leave..they get hungry...

Of course...

There's ALWAYS gonna be a couple that ruin it.....

images-7.jpeg
images-5.jpeg

Yet every time I drive past the donut shop at 2 AM it's full of popos. I'm pretty sure the local sheriff's department has BMI minimums as well.

Alright....for real....I'd commit a crime in France if SHE was coming for me!!!!!

hqdefault.jpg

What % of Americans in general are overweight? About 70%. What % of Americans are considered obese? About 38%.

So in other words....cops rates of being overweight are almost identical to the general public. Shocker.

You know, during my time in the military, you could be discharged if you spent more than 3 PRT (Physical Readiness Test) cycles out of body fat standards.

I wonder why it isn't the same for the police?

Not only did you have to meet body fat minimums, but you also had to be able to do a certain amount of sit ups and push ups in 2 min, as well as be able to run a mile and a half in under 13 min.

There are a lot of people on the police force in Amarillo that I see running around in uniform, and I wonder if they could meet those minimums.

You know, during my time in the military, you could be discharged if you spent more than 3 PRT (Physical Readiness Test) cycles out of body fat standards.

Not only did you have to meet body fat minimums, but you also had to be able to do a certain amount of sit ups and push ups in 2 min, as well as be able to run a mile and a half in under 13 min.

There are a lot of people on the police force in Amarillo that I see running around in uniform, and I wonder if they could meet those minimums.

Good question honestly.

For one the police aren't the military. The members are typically older and therefore...like all people...carry more weight than when they were 18-25 years old. Second....civilian labor laws apply to police and not the military. That's 90% of the reason a fat cop can get by and a fat soldier maybe cant. Police academies mostly have similar fitness standards. But...many departments dont require them to continue. A big court case was lost by police departments in New Jersey transit police when they sued saying the 1.5 mile run wasn't "job related" and thus they can't be mandated to pass it. Court ruled it CAN BE a requirement to GET job but not to KEEP the job.

For what it's worth...I'd side with you in wishing police could mandate the same fitness standards as the Army or Air Force, which are reasonable.

Good question honestly.

For one the police aren't the military. The members are typically older and therefore...like all people...carry more weight than when they were 18-25 years old. Second....civilian labor laws apply to police and not the military. That's 90% of the reason a fat cop can get by and a fat soldier maybe cant.

Hey...........I retired when I was 38, and was still able to meet standards. Matter of fact, out of a possible score of 300, I routinely scored 296 or better.

Good question honestly.

For one the police aren't the military. The members are typically older and therefore...like all people...carry more weight than when they were 18-25 years old. Second....civilian labor laws apply to police and not the military. That's 90% of the reason a fat cop can get by and a fat soldier maybe cant.

Hey...........I retired when I was 38, and was still able to meet standards. Matter of fact, out of a possible score of 300, I routinely scored 296 or better.

Nice. Were military standards scaled for age or is a 50 year old general held to the same scores as an 18 year old private?

Good question honestly.

Nice. Were military standards scaled for age or is a 50 year old general held to the same scores as an 18 year old private?

No, they did scale it for age, but only in 10 year increments, so yeah, a first class petty officer could be held to the same standards (average age 25 to 30 for 1st), as some young buck who just came in.

But, it's not hard to pass the test, matter of fact, even when I was in the worst shape of my life, I still managed to pass.

But then, I got interested in bicycling, and was in the top 3 percentile for the test from then on.

images-15.jpeg
images-17.jpeg

Cops of course are a diverse bunch. Both of these are cops.....

Good question honestly.

They are scaled by age in 4 year increments, so yeah, you get some slack as you get older.

If you're interested, here's a link..............

Male PRT Standards

But the test isn't that hard to pass, I mean, even when I was in the worst shape of my life, I still managed to pass.

Then...............I got interested in bicycling and started to score in the upper 3 percentile for my tests. Matter of fact, was still scoring in the 290's when I retired at 38.

Forum List

Back