🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lib/Dems should ask themselves this question:

Wiseacre

Retired USAF Chief
Apr 8, 2011
San Antonio, TX
Why do you think the midterm elections went so bad for democrats? Only reason it wasn't worse was because the idiot Tea Partiers didn't know enough to run electable candidates. The 2010 elections went bad for you because you fucked up; you lost the confidence and good opinion of the voters. No need to list the littany of bad decisions, suffice it to say you should've addressed the problems the country wanted you to fix but instead you were more interested in your party's agenda. And for that same reason I think Obama should also be voted out; dunno if it'll happen, much depends on the economy and the UE numbers this year. But he screwed up, could've and should've done a better job even though the situation he inherited was very tough.

2010 didn't prove anything except just how ridiculously susceptible republicans are to scare tactics. Conservatives need to ask themselves why they are so willing to readily support people who do nothing more than confirm fears, real or imagined.

Why do you think the midterm elections went so bad for democrats? Only reason it wasn't worse was because the idiot Tea Partiers didn't know enough to run electable candidates. The 2010 elections went bad for you because you fucked up; you lost the confidence and good opinion of the voters. No need to list the littany of bad decisions, suffice it to say you should've addressed the problems the country wanted you to fix but instead you were more interested in your party's agenda. And for that same reason I think Obama should also be voted out; dunno if it'll happen, much depends on the economy and the UE numbers this year. But he screwed up, could've and should've done a better job even though the situation he inherited was very tough.

The economy was really bad. The Republican base was ginned up because we have a black president. Historically, few people vote in midterms. And finally, Republicans ran on "Jobs Jobs Jobs". They can't run on that this time. Fool me once, er, Bush said it best:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KjmjqlOPd6A]George Bush's "Fool Me Once" Gaffe - YouTube[/ame]

Meanwhile, the rest of the country says the economy is the most important issue, yet Republican state legislatures and presidential candidates seem more concerned with contraceptives and abortion.

Last edited:

2010 proved nothing except that people were angry and were going to take it out on the incumbants. i'll also point out that the righties lost two senate races that should have been theirs in that climate, AZ and DE, and blew both of them because of how stupid your candidates were.

I'll also point out that you lost a safe repub seat in NY23 for the first time in generations.

What did you learn from those losses? To look at the ragtag line up you're running for president, you didn't learn anything from those losses. Nor did you learn that no one elected righties to be the G-d squad, yet the first thing the loons in this House did was pass a bill to absolve doctors of liability for letting women die. And now you're pursuing "personhood" laws and trying to force unnecessary invasive medical procedures on women just to "punish the harlots" and bully them into carrying children they don't want?

you think THAT'S what people voted for GOP candidates for?

Good luck with that. BTW, Rasmussen, which I know the right loves, has the president up by 10 over Romney and by 7 over Santorum.

Have fun running candidates without women voting for them. :thup:

Last edited:
if the GOP gets "shellacked" in 2012 election, will the GOP finally admit that they are out of touch with the common american?

2010 proved nothing except that people were angry and were going to take it out on the incumbants. i'll also point out that the righties lost two senate races that should have been theirs in that climate, AZ and DE, and blew both of them because of how stupid your candidates were.

I'll also point out that you lost a safe repub seat in NY23 for the first time in generations.

What did you learn from those losses? To look at the ragtag line up you're running for president, you didn't learn anything from those losses. Nor did you learn that no one elected righties to be the G-d squad, yet the first thing the loons in this House did was pass a bill to absolve doctors of liability for letting women die. And now you're pursuing "personsonhood" laws and trying to force unnecessary invasive medical procedures on women just to "punish the harlots" and bully them into carrying children they don't want?

Good luck with that. BTW, Rasmussen, which I know the right loves, has the president up by 10 over Romney and by 7 over Santorum.

Yes, let's not forget those Tea Party losses. Christine "I'm not a witch" O'Donnell, Carl "Run ******, run" Paladino, Sharron "Second Amendment remedies" Angle. And now we have Mitt "Let Detroit go bankrupt" Romney, Rick "Obama is Satan" Santorum, Bob "Transvaginal ultrasound" McDonnell....:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

What did you learn from those losses? To look at the ragtag line up you're running for president, you didn't learn anything from those losses. Nor did you learn that no one elected righties to be the G-d squad, yet the first thing the loons in this House did was pass a bill to absolve doctors of liability for letting women die. And now you're pursuing "personsonhood" laws and trying to force unnecessary invasive medical procedures on women just to "punish the harlots" and bully them into carrying children they don't want?

Yes, let's not forget those Tea Party losses. Christine "I'm not a witch" O'Donnell, Carl "Run ******, run" Paladino.....:eusa_whistle:

i was thinking of sharron angle... but paladino works too even though he wasn't ever going to beat cuomo.

Yes, let's not forget those Tea Party losses. Christine "I'm not a witch" O'Donnell, Carl "Run ******, run" Paladino.....:eusa_whistle:

i was thinking of sharron angle... but paladino works too even though he wasn't ever going to beat cuomo.

You read my mind.....or I read yours. I edited her in after the fact.

Your first sentence says it all: " 2010 proved nothing except that people were angry and were going to take it out on the incumbants. ". Why were they angry? Don't know how any lib/dem can possibly blame the repubs when they had complete control and wasted it. Of course they're going to blame the incumbent if they aren't satisfied with their job performance, is that not how it should be? You guys are trying to make people believe the job Obama did was good; the coming election will be a referendum on that, just as the midterms were for Congress. Won't matter much who the repub person is, there's a lot of folks who will not support him this time around.

Your first sentence says it all: " 2010 proved nothing except that people were angry and were going to take it out on the incumbants. ". Why were they angry? Don't know how any lib/dem can possibly blame the repubs when they had complete control and wasted it. Of course they're going to blame the incumbent if they aren't satisfied with their job performance, is that not how it should be? You guys are trying to make people believe the job Obama did was good; the coming election will be a referendum on that, just as the midterms were for Congress. Won't matter much who the repub person is, there's a lot of folks who will not support him this time around.

except they didn't "have complete control" because of a little thing called the filibuster. if you look at the latest numbers on how people see things going, they hate this GOP congress and trust the president more.

you need to look at those things.

the job this president did hasn't been a bad one. it's certainly better than his predecessor.

i know that offends the right. i'm sorry. but it's the truth.

George Will on your GOP candidates:

Today's Republican contest has become a binary choice between two similarly miscast candidates. Romney cannot convince voters he understands the difference between business and politics, between being a CEO and the president. To bring economic rationality to an underperforming economic entity requires understanding a market segment. To bring confidence to a discouraged nation requires celebrating its history and sketching an inspiring destiny this history has presaged.

Romney is right about the futility of many current policies, but being offended by irrationality is insufficient. Santorum is right to be alarmed by many cultural trends, but implies that religion must be the nexus between politics and cultural reform. Romney is not attracting people who want rationality leavened by romance. Santorum is repelling people who want politics unmediated by theology. Neither Romney nor Santorum looks like a formidable candidate for November.

http://journalstar.com/news/opinion...cle_779ab469-73fb-51ef-b9b6-c49d824c0e9d.html

Last edited:

the people who wont support Obama may choose to support no one at all and stay home. if they dont agree withe GOP positions, then they may vote random third party or not at all.

We lose midterms because most voters don't show up for midterms. Republicans rely on this. If more people voted, both parties would be forced to work for We the People. When we are lazy, they win. Ala 2010 midterms.

But we are energized for 2012! More than I can say for Republcans

Republicans Losing Interest in Presidential Race
A new Associated Press-GfK poll finds nterest in the Republican presidential race is slipping: Just 40% of Republicans say they have a great deal of interest in following the contest, compared with 48% in December.

Key findings: Only 23% are strongly satisfied with the field and 40% said they are dissatisfied with the candidates running.

Key findings: Only 23% are strongly satisfied with the field and 40% said they are dissatisfied with the candidates running.

That means nothing. Republicans, as a whole, will vote for the Republican candidate regardless of who it is and Democrats, as a whole, will vote for the Democratic candidate regardless of who it is.

That means nothing. Republicans, as a whole, will vote for the Republican candidate regardless of who it is and Democrats, as a whole, will vote for the Democratic candidate regardless of who it is.

which is why it will, as always, come down to independents. the thing you should be looking at right now is the presidents poll numbers in swing states. essentially that's where the race is going to be determined barring something unforeseen.

"Do you approve or disapprove of the way the Republican leaders in Congress are handling their job?"

Approve 22 %

Disapprove 77 %

Congress: Republicans

The Republican primaries aren't over til June..........we'll see what the poll numbers are then. I will tell you this I sure as heck am not better than I was 3 years ago.

The Dems and their Master refuse to admit his policies are making things worse. Pretty sad when an incumbent looses to a virtual unknown. Be looking for more and more incumbents to loose their seats in November. It's time to clean house, well clean the House.

Yeah I think that's a fair assessment.

Obama and one hell of a lot of Dems in Congress let down their own base.

And if the Ds keep pandering to the Rs, the Ds are going to lose still more ground again this November.

Republican-LITE Dems just can't beat Republicans.

The more the Ds try to compromise with the Rs the less relevant they become to real Democrats.

Forum List

Back