🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Liberal group trying to get priest dismissed by university

The solution would be more Christian Universities which would give Christians a University to go to where they don't have to put up with this.

The solution would be more Christian Universities which would give Christians a University to go to where they don't have to put up with this.

I don't think that's practical.
Most churches outside the Bible Belt probably couldn't afford to help start a Christian University after paying for upkeep and whatnot. You think those cathedrals in NY are supported by faith alone?

That's not an attack, but practically I don't know if it's possible.

I don't think that's practical.
Most churches outside the Bible Belt probably couldn't afford to help start a Christian University after paying for upkeep and whatnot. You think those cathedrals in NY are supported by faith alone?

That's not an attack, but practically I don't know if it's possible.

There are quite a few Christian universities. There is plenty of money out there, but Christians just don't yet understand how hated they are in the US today. Christians are relying on something that no longer exists and that is a system that does not discriminate on the basis of religion. Those days are long gone.

There are quite a few Christian universities. There is plenty of money out there, but Christians just don't yet understand how hated they are in the US today. Christians are relying on something that no longer exists and that is a system that does not discriminate on the basis of religion. Those days are long gone.

Oh, I know that there's plenty. Covenant College and Temple University are within driving distance of my place, and those are two of the larger Christian colleges in this area.

I don't think Christians are being persecuted at large in the states, simply because the majority of people identify with Christianity (even if they aren't, but that's another story entirely)... but let's be honest, between Catholic priests getting BJs from alter boys and Westboro Baptist making a mockery of the religion, all it takes for a non-believer is to point at that and say "THAT's my problem with you people!"

Christianity is getting a bad rap these days... cause you know, radicals are "just misunderstood" or some bullshit.

Child molestation in public schools eclipse the Priest scandal by leagues it's not not sensationalized.

California had to completely close Miramonte elementary school because the entire school was basically a child brothel for the teachers and administrators.

Child molestation in public schools eclipse the Priest scandal by leagues it's not not sensationalized.

California had to completely close Miramonte elementary school because the entire school was basically a child brothel for the teachers and administrators.

But there's the rub: while teachers are supposed to be moral upstanding citizens teaching the young, Priests are even more so. People hear about kids getting molested in schools and say "Well, that's because our education systems needs more money so it can better screen teachers" or some other strange logic.

But a priest? The outrage alone is enough to make people burn.

No, I'm not saying it's right, but I believe that's the logic behind these incidents, and why some get more attention than others.

I would hate to listen to someone who hated me for who I was.
But I am not aware of these students being forced to listen to this man, or read his blog, for that matter.
Can't they just refuse to go to church and listen to him? Can't they just look up another website, instead of reading his blog, knowing it will make them angry?

Like changing the channel on the TV if you don't want to watch something, surely they can just not attend the church and not read his blog if they don't like his opinions...its a Christian University after all, which they attend, and they could have gone elsewhere...

Forum List

Back