Liberal 'One-Percenter' bemoans family's wealth: 'This much money is wrong'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
If they are this heartbroken, why not give it away? Why is this virtue signaling so popular when the solution is so easy?

Strange character.

Liberal 'One-Percenter' bemoans family's wealth: 'This much money is wrong'

A liberal man who claims to be part of the "One Percent" has recalled his suffering from wealth anxiety in a tone-deaf illustrated essay, saying, “I think having this much money is wrong.”

Adam Roberts, a Boston community organizer working to help wealthy young people “become transformative leaders,” published an illustrated essay at the left-wing Vox outlet explaining the difficulties of being a progressive and wealthy due to his family riches.

The worse thing parents can do to their kids is not require them learn to support themselves. This kid has money, but he has no idea what it’s worth because he never had to make it, and he is self-aware enough to know something is wrong.

The worse thing parents can do to their kids is not require them learn to support themselves. This kid has money, but he has no idea what it’s worth because he never had to make it, and he is self-aware enough to know something is wrong.

Well, now we get philosophical. I don't think anything is "wrong" with inheriting a bunch of money. It's good fortune (I suppose), yes, it is what he does with it. On this you are correct, he doesn't understand it's value. That said he doesn't have to do anything if he doesn't want to, but since he is moaning about it, why not do something about it?

Some of this will simply come with life experience, the rest, he can do himself. Reach out to other successful people, be they in business or philanthropy. Find your calling and use your resources.

Rich or poor, hard work and ambitious is good for the soul as long as it doesn't harm it.

Forum List

Back