Liberals go on PC binge in Seattle

No.
They don't want city officials using certain words in a official city documents and memos.

Thanks. One more question.

Is there any indication that liberals in Seattle support such a move?

Yeah, the ones that have proposed it, because no conservative would ever propose this.

Oh good. Someone who knows the scoop. OK. Who proposed it? How many liberals have expressed support for it? You seem to be in the know. Thanks in advance.

Yeawh, the ones that have proposed it, because no conservative would ever propose this.

Oh good. Someone who knows the scoop. OK. Who proposed it? How many liberals have expressed support for it? You seem to be in the know. Thanks in advance.

It's Seattle, think a conservative group would be asking for this ?

Are we talking about a law?

No.
They don't want city officials using certain words in a official city documents and memos.

I think the city council does, and that is about it. Seattle media seems to be against it, along with many liberals that I know that live over there. I haven't read one good thing about it on Seattle media sites.
But I am sure there is some who support it.

Yeawh, the ones that have proposed it, because no conservative would ever propose this.

It's Seattle, think a conservative group would be asking for this ?

I won't know for sure until we find out who proposed the memo and who supports it.

I think the desire to be sensitive to the feelings of others is less a liberal trait than it is a trait of someone who has empathy.

As long as we are not talking about banning words.....you know, like the ones that conservatives won't let people say on TV......this appears to be an internal issue for those who administer public services in Seattle.

To pretend this isn't an extension of the standard political correctness that has so polluted public and political discourse is intellectually dishonest denial in the extreme.

Pointing it out won't stop those who deny it, of course, because denial is one of the fundamental strategies of partisan ideologues.

To pretend this isn't an extension of the standard political correctness that has so polluted public and political discourse is intellectually dishonest denial in the extreme.

Pointing it out won't stop those who deny it, of course, because denial is one of the fundamental strategies of partisan ideologues.

You just know it, right?

Sheesh..the things you folks go on about.

There's a war in Afghanistan.
We've got a congress that doesn't want to do anything even though there is 7.4% unemployment and bridges ready to collapse.

Gosh.

Sheesh..the things you folks go on about.

There's a war in Afghanistan.
We've got a congress that doesn't want to do anything even though there is 7.4% unemployment and bridges ready to collapse.

Gosh.

You are correct, so why are liberals doing shit like this instead?

Yeah, the ones that have proposed it, because no conservative would ever propose this.

I suggest you read the article snippet in the OP where it lists the name and position of the person.

It was probably some conservative organizations like the Knights of Columbus, or maybe the Boy Scouts that have been pressuring the city council to rid our vocabulary of evil divisive terms like "citizen".

Politics aside, the proper term for someone living in a city, when the residency requirements are the issue, would be 'resident', not 'citizen'.

When simply referring to inhabitants, regardless of residency, they can properly be called 'citizens'.

Forum List

Back