Liberals: Here's Why You Should Support CCW Law

So you now support Universal Background Checks and blocking Ghost Guns?
No such thing as universal BG checks and there never will be because they cannot be enforced.

If a law abiding citizen wants a carry permit all the state has to do is run him through the NICS. No additional fees, no mandated classes. No one should ever have to pay a fee to exercise their rights.

No such thing as universal BG checks and there never will be because they cannot be enforced.

If a law abiding citizen wants a carry permit all the state has to do is run him through the NICS. No additional fees, no mandated classes. No one should ever have to pay a fee to exercise their rights.

You have the right to peaceably assemble. However you need a permit to do it. You have Freedom of the Press. But you need lots of permits to run a newspaper. Occupancy permit as one example.

You have to pay to exercise pretty much all the rights. You even face sanctions if you choose to remain silent.

In Georgia the fee is minimal. It covers the cost of the Sheriff running your name through the computer. It covers the cost of the employee who does that. It covers the costs of the court to get the judge to sign it. The cost of the clerk who processes your application. A lot of people get paid a fraction of my $50.

If you can’t afford that then you shouldn’t carry a gun. Because if you use it the lawyer to come and help you through the interview with the cops will be way too expensive. And you will talk your way right into prison.

And what sense does it make to argue that the background check to buy the gun is all the qualifications you need if you don’t support background checks?

Do you think you'll get to be the hero? You'll freeze like a deer in the headlights or run like the pussy you are. It takes genuine grit to face a shooter and you don't have it. Just like all those "brave" cops at Uvalde who couldn't find a single spine among them. I could probably do it because I have nerves of steel. I have been shot at twice and faced two other armed individuals and lived. Like I said earlier, I live a life of adventure.
You need your medication adjusted.
Actually. They do oppose Universal Background Checks.

Because the ONLY way to actually enforce that would be registration. Hell. Fucking. No.

Because the ONLY way to actually enforce that would be registration. Hell. Fucking. No.

Actually, it wouldn’t.

Remember the argument that led to those comments. First, we were told that the only background check or permit anyone needed was the routine background check that happened when the weapon was purchased. That argument goes out the window if you admit, and defend, a situation where weapons are available without background checks “legally”.

Now, that argument is dead. So it remains if it would require registration. It wouldn’t. We know when the weapon is manufactured. If we abolish Ghost Guns, we know when they were manufactured. And today, this is what happens.

A Glock is recovered, and determined through testing to be a weapon used in a crime. Fine. A phone call to Glock and the date of manufacture of the weapon is determined, as well as which distributer the weapon was shipped to. The weapon was then sent to a gun shop, which checks their records, and determines the weapon was sold at a gun show. They have the approval number for the sale.

The gun was sold to John Smith. Police contact Mr. Smith, and find that he sold the weapon without going through the background check, to another person. Mr. Smith would have violated the law, and face penalties for it under the universal background check. He can’t claim the sale was grandfathered in, because the weapon was manufactured and sold after the law went into effect.

Would there be a lot of did he or didn’t he sell it before the law went into effect? You bet. For a decade, or even three. But eventually we would get to the point where weapon sales would be limited to background checked individuals. Then Mr. Smith says hey, I did the background check and I sold it to Jack Sprat. The cops contact Mr. Sprat and ask him where the gun went.

If it was stolen, he had a police report. If it was sold, he’ll be in trouble. But this is the only way to achieve the stated goal of the Law and Order types. The reduction of guns in the hands of criminals. Cutting off the pipelines one by one is the only way. Making it harder for them to get the guns. With everyone having surveillance cameras on their doorbells and such then burglars who steal the guns, would be identifiable in more and more cases.

The idea that Registration would be the inevitable result is silly. And the idea that somehow the Government would confiscate the weapons, laughable. There aren’t enough cops. If one cop died seizing every third gun, or even every fourth, hell every tenth, we would run out of cops before we were halfway through the list.

And before you start screaming that the Army would, think about it. They are already facing recruiting shortfalls, what do you think would be the case if they were on the news daily in gun battles with armed citizens? The Draft wouldn’t help, you would be taking sympathizers and giving them weapons to desert with.

Forum List

Back