Liberals' Love Hate Relationship with Science

Freewill

Platinum Member
Oct 26, 2011
One good example would be DDT. Science developed DDT and the left wing hated it because of a book which pretty much didn't tell them the truth. Never mind that DDT saved a whole lot of folks by killing mosquitoes like nothing else science devised. Now millions die in Africa because of the ban.

Any way, agree or not, listen to Zo, if nothing else he is entertaining...............and right.

I heard about a tweet from astrophysicist, Neil Degrasee Tyson suggesting we need unhackable systems. Sounds good. Why hasn’t anybody else thought of that sooner? From there I observe Liberal’s love hate relationship with science.

If you love science. Why not agree with me with increasing its funding? Science is good for our economy and keeps our nation powerful.

You got my vote... take every cent of welfare and fund all the objective pursuit of knowledge of the physical universe, you can get.

If you love science. Why not agree with me with increasing its funding? Science is good for our economy and keeps our nation powerful.

You got my vote... take every cent of welfare and fund all the objective pursuit of knowledge of the physical universe, you can get.

I didn't really say that but OK.

What do you think there is out there worth us looking for? I am thinking we should completely explore our seas first, seemingly do the impossible and develop a means of transportation that does not rely on gasoline and has a fairly large range. Repairing our infrastructure would go a long way to improving life for everyone.

One good example would be DDT. Science developed DDT and the left wing hated it because of a book which pretty much didn't tell them the truth. Never mind that DDT saved a whole lot of folks by killing mosquitoes like nothing else science devised. Now millions die in Africa because of the ban.

Any way, agree or not, listen to Zo, if nothing else he is entertaining...............and right.

I heard about a tweet from astrophysicist, Neil Degrasee Tyson suggesting we need unhackable systems. Sounds good. Why hasn’t anybody else thought of that sooner? From there I observe Liberal’s love hate relationship with science.

Scientists also invented nuclear weapons. Do you think we should use those too?

What do you think there is out there worth us looking for? I am thinking we should completely explore our seas first, seemingly do the impossible and develop a means of transportation that does not rely on gasoline and has a fairly large range. Repairing our infrastructure would go a long way to improving life for everyone.

Well, the seas are old news... and we've been 'sailing' them for over 5000 years. SOooo, gotta pull the "been there, done that' card, here.

BOTH sides and BOTH parties like to play fast and loose with science - they LOVE it when it supports their position, and poo - poo it when it doesn't.

Either side trying to claim "the other guys are worse about it" is just more partisan rhetoric.

Well, the seas are old news... and we've been 'sailing' them for over 5000 years. SOooo, gotta pull the "been there, done that' card, here.

The ocean depths are almost completely unexplored. That's like saying, "I flew a kite last year so I know everything there is to know about space."

We are just beginning to discover hot vents and life forms that we never imagined only a couple of years ago. We could very easily discover the cure for cancer in some of those life forms. Or something every bit as impactful.

BOTH sides and BOTH parties like to play fast and loose with science - they LOVE it when it supports their position, and poo - poo it when it doesn't.

Either side trying to claim "the other guys are worse about it" is just more partisan rhetoric.

Ha! The great coolie/warmie bullshit bonanza scams? Where do they fall on your bipartisan equity chart?

Ha! The great coolie/warmie bullshit bonanza scams? Where do they fall on your bipartisan equity chart?

I don't understand your jargon. If you want to ask me a question, you're gonna hafta speak English. I don't speak dipshit.

I don't understand your jargon. If you want to ask me a question, you're gonna hafta speak English. I don't speak dipshit.

Hang on, I think I found a translation dictionary for civilized people trying to communicate with inbred, buck-toothed, redneck, welfare bum, trailer trollops. I'll try and keep all the "big words" down to two syllables max.

The ocean depths are almost completely unexplored. That's like saying, "I flew a kite last year so I know everything there is to know about space."

We are just beginning to discover hot vents and life forms that we never imagined only a couple of years ago. We could very easily discover the cure for cancer in some of those life forms. Or something every bit as impactful.
Or find Atlantis....it's down there, somewhere.... :D

Scientists also invented nuclear weapons. Do you think we should use those too?

Kinda the point of the provided video. It seems to me, probably because of which side i am usually on, that the left wing loves to shove their view of science upon us. When in reality they use science when it suits them and ignore it when it does not. Like a religion to them. Science has all the answers yet what about the nuclear bomb answer? Don't like that one so much.

Forum List

Back