liberals Motivated By Caste, Cultural Snobbery

Edgetho

Platinum Member
Mar 27, 2012
There's a new book out that is brilliant. Mostly because it affirms what I, and many other Patriotic Americans, have been saying for years.... liberals are snobs.

Good reading.

The Failure of Obama?s Aristocracy of Merit | National Review Online

The novels of Sinclair Lewis, the journalism of H. L. Mencken, and the literary criticism of Van Wyck Brooks heaped scorn on the vast and supposedly mindless Americans who worked hard at their jobs and joined civic groups — Mencken’s “booboisie.”

These 1920s liberals idealized the “noble aspiration” and “fine aristocratic pride” in an imaginary Europe, and considered Americans, in the words of a Lewis character, “a savorless people, gulping tasteless food,” and “listening to mechanical music, saying mechanical things about the excellence of Ford automobiles, and viewing themselves as the greatest race in the world.”

This contempt for ordinary Americans mostly persisted in changing political environments. During the Great Depression, many liberals became Communists, proclaiming themselves tribunes of a virtuous oppressed proletariat that would have an enlightened rule.

For a moment, idealization of the working man, but not the middle-class striver, came into vogue. But in the postwar years, what Siegel calls “the political and cultural snobbery” of liberals returned.

Just because a lot of people in the liberal movement feel this way doesn't mean that they ALL feel this way.

But the leaders do. THAT is what's important. They set the tone for the entire party. Top to bottom, inside and out, through and through..... The leadership of the dimocrat party is elitist, snobbish, and not the least bit concerned with the working man.

Don't listen to what they say, look at what they do

Learn it, live it, love it.

It's just the way it is.

Some more links

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1594036985/ref=nosim/nationalreviewon]The Revolt Against the Masses: How Liberalism Has Undermined the Middle Class: Fred Siegel: 9781594036989: Amazon.com: Books[/ame]

This short book rewrites the history of modern American liberalism. It shows that what we think of liberalism today – the top and bottom coalition we associate with President Obama - began not with Progressivism or the New Deal but rather in the wake of the post-WWI disillusionment with American society. In the twenties, the first writers and thinkers to call themselves liberals adopted the hostility to bourgeois life that had long characterized European intellectuals of both the left and the right. The aim of liberalism’s foundational writers and thinkers such as Herbert Croly, Randolph Bourne, H.G. Wells, Sinclair Lewis and H.L Mencken was to create an American aristocracy of sorts, to provide a sense of hierarchy and order associated with European statism.

Like communism, Fabianism, and fascism, modern liberalism, critical of both capitalism and democracy, was born of a new class of politically self-conscious intellectuals. They despised both the individual

Ace of Spades HQ

Ace of Spades HQ

Damn dude. Why don't you join a political party that has something worthwhile to sell people?

You know, instead of slamming the party that you don't support non stop.

Sell the attributes of supporting the Repubs. Sell the wonderful accomplishments of the Republican party. I am sure the masses will join when they find out all the good things Republicans are doing for the regular folk.

But it is not the Democrats fault that the Republican can't sell their ideas to the masses.

Only the brain dead like you are buying the repubs bullshit.

But it ain't the Dems fault. No matter how much you claim it is.

Damn dude. Why don't you join a political party that has something worthwhile to sell people?

You know, instead of slamming the party that you don't support non stop.

Sell the attributes of supporting the Repubs. Sell the wonderful accomplishments of the Republican party. I am sure the masses will join when they find out all the good things Republicans are doing for the regular folk.

But it is not the Democrats fault that the Republican can't sell their ideas to the masses.

Only the brain dead like you are buying the repubs bullshit.

But it ain't the Dems fault. No matter how much you claim it is.

I don't belong to a political party or a political ideal. In fact, I'm quite apolitical.

And I am not a Republican.

The only politics that motivates me is my undying hatred for the scum of the fucking earth -- dimocraps.

I don't like Republicans..... But I despise, detest and hate dimocraps with every fiber of my being.

You're the same people that murdered 100,000,000 people in the 20th Century.

You've just turned to a softer kind of tyranny.

But you'd return to murder if given the chance. Of that much, I am 100% certain.

Look at North Korea. Cuba. And now, Venezuela. Look at what the remnants of the Soviet Empire are doing in the Ukraine.

The only difference between you and Stalin, Mao and Pol Pot is that you don't have the power they had.

If you did, there wouldn't be a thing to stop you from doing what they did. And you would.

You're too stupid to realize it, but you would.

And you'd justify it in your diseased brain. People like you always do.

I am NOT for Republicans. I hate, despise and detest with every ounce of my strength, with every part of my soul, the dimocrap party.

You people are truly the scum of the Earth.

And yes, I am serious.

And there is nothing you can do to change my mind.

Short of mass suicide.

Forum List

Back