🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Life in Russia 2 months after Sanctions

Sunni Man

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2008
I have been following a few Russian people on YouTube even before the current conflict with Ukraine. They all make interesting video's about their lives in Russia and some of the unique places around the vast country, from Moscow to Siberia
Svetlana just posted this video a couple of days ago, and she shows the current prices of food, gasoline, household items, and value of the $Ruble inside Russia before, during, and now, due to sanctions.
Enjoy Comrades... :thup:

Last edited:
I have been following a few Russian people on YouTube even before the current conflict with Ukraine. They all make interesting video's about their lives in Russia and some of the unique places around the vast country, from Moscow to Siberia
Svetlana just posted this video a couple of days ago, and she shows the current prices of food, gasoline, household items, and value of the $Ruble inside Russia before, during, and now, due to sanctions.
Enjoy Comrades...

jim and skews say you full of shit.....

She shows that food prices at the grocery store are back to pre sanction prices, and are a lot cheaper to buy then we are paying here in the U.S.
Also, gasoline in a ruble comparison rate is equal to $2.80 US dollar per gallon.
And the Ruble's buying power inside Russia is back to its pre sanction value for the consumer.

Russia has very little debt.

It's a wonder what someone can do with little debt!
Considering their size theire debt is not small at over 200bn. They are also going to be amassing a huge amount of new debt as a direct consequence of the sanctions and having to rebuild a badly depleted, dilapidated, demoralized and obsolete military.

Up to now they've had a defense budget of about 1/10th that of the US largely paid for by exporing weapons. That business is seriously in trouble for the future as the world has finally seen how badly they've performed with their own equipment in Ukraine.

A lot of their armor currently in use was built in the 1960's and early 70's. That has a lot to do with their piss poor performance in the field.

When people are trying to make sense of those prices they need to remember that the current rate of exchange is 71.00 Rubles to the dollar.

She shows that food prices at the grocery store are back to pre sanction prices, and are a lot cheaper to buy then we are paying here in the U.S.
Also, gasoline in a ruble comparison rate is equal to $2.80 US dollar per gallon.
And the Ruble's buying power inside Russia is back to its pre sanction value for the consumer.
But, but, but.... the evil commie empire is losing to the brave, patriotic & totally non-nazi Ukrainians, who would never hide behind or kill civilians, fighting for democracy & the NWO... Putin's going to be arrested as a war criminal if he doesn't die from cancer first.... Russia's about to fall.... MSM told me...

They have more food there than my local grocer.

Very interesting. Thanks for the post. I was surprised to hear that the dollar lost so much value in Russia except for the fact that American goods are not available.

When people are trying to make sense of those prices they need to remember that the current rate of exchange is 71.00 Rubles to the dollar.
Svetlana video's the actual ruble prices at the grocery store.
And includes a caption of the ruble vs dollar rate for the items.
Their food prices are cheaper than here in the U.S.
Watch the video..... :cool:

Svetlana video's the actual ruble prices at the grocery store.
And includes a caption of the ruble vs dollar rate for the items.
Their food prices are cheaper than here in the U.S.
Watch the video..... :cool:
I'm aware of that. Their gasoline prices are a fraction of ours as well.

They are still experiencing nearly 20% annual inflation right now. Median income in Russia is only about 16,000.00 so they don't have a whole of cash to begin with.

There are several other Russia people posting about their life since the sanctions. They miss KFC, McDonalds, Starbucks, and the American clothing brands.
But they are a resourceful and resilient people who will adapt to the changes forced on them.

They miss KFC, McDonalds, Starbucks, and the American clothing brands.

The truth is that these companies will now be missing a lot of business they used to make in Russia, and eventually, other companies, maybe Russian companies will simply move in to fill the void.

Making fried chicken, hamburgers, coffee and jeans isn't exactly rocket science.

Their moving out has actually hurt them far more than it ever will Russia.

Maybe Ukraine should not have become a Nazi Client state

Forum List

Back