🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Lindsey Graham Calls for Hearing On Prisoner Release

CLUELESS obama has went to far over the USA red line =LAW BREAKER!!!! OATH BREAKER.

We can worry about that at the right time.

The "right" time was before the swap.

No. The United States Army has not even charged this soldier with any crime. In fact....he has received PROMOTIONS during his captivity. As far as ANYONE knows, this guy is not a deserter. The president acted on KNOWN, KNOWNS!

Assholes!

Well ASSHOLE it seems there has been more information out there that maybe should have been checked out before we gave up five Taliban prisoners for this guy.

Bowe Bergdahl 'No Hero' To Fellow Soldiers

Not everyone is elated over the release of POW Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl in a prisoner swap deal with the Taliban: Some veterans and soldiers are calling him a deserter.

Former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl's platoon,*told CNN*Bergdahl should face military trial for desertion.

Bergdahl disappeared from his platoon in Afghanistan on June 30, 2009, and he had been in Taliban custody for five years before his release on Saturday from a U.S. military base in Germany, where he had been sent for treatment.

"I was pissed off then, and I am even more so now with everything going on," Vierkant said. "Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war, and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him."

CNN said at least six soldiers died searching for Bergdahl in Paktika province.

"He walked off," former Pfc. Jose Baggett, 27, of Chicago, told CNN. "He left his guard post. Nobody knows if he defected or he's a traitor or he was kidnapped. What I do know is he was there to protect us and instead he decided to defer from America and go and do his own thing. I don't know why he decided to do that, but we spend so much of our resources, and some of those resources were soldiers' lives."

Some fellow soldiers took to social media to express their anger at Bergdahl on such Web pages as "Bowe Bergdahl is NOT a hero." Comments, however, were so vicious, a moderator posted:

"I challenge any one of you who label him a traitor to spend 5 years in captivity with the Taliban or Haqqani, then come back and accuse him again. Whatever his intent when he walked away or was captured, he has more than paid for it."

Rolling Stone*reported in 2012 that Bergdahl had become disillusioned with the U.S. war effort and told his parents: "The future is too good to waste on lies. And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be American. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting.

Breitbart, the industry, (the man passed away), has already tried and convicted Bowe Bergdahl.

obama broke the law when he failed to notify congress. Then he lied about it. That's a separate issue from trading a deserter got high ranking taliban.

The "right" time was before the swap.

No. The United States Army has not even charged this soldier with any crime. In fact....he has received PROMOTIONS during his captivity. As far as ANYONE knows, this guy is not a deserter. The president acted on KNOWN, KNOWNS!

Assholes!

Well ASSHOLE it seems there has been more information out there that maybe should have been checked out before we gave up five Taliban prisoners for this guy.

Not everyone is elated over the release of POW Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl in a prisoner swap deal with the Taliban: Some veterans and soldiers are calling him a deserter.

Former Sgt. Matt Vierkant, a member of Bergdahl's platoon,*told CNN*Bergdahl should face military trial for desertion.

Bergdahl disappeared from his platoon in Afghanistan on June 30, 2009, and he had been in Taliban custody for five years before his release on Saturday from a U.S. military base in Germany, where he had been sent for treatment.

"I was pissed off then, and I am even more so now with everything going on," Vierkant said. "Bowe Bergdahl deserted during a time of war, and his fellow Americans lost their lives searching for him."

"He walked off," former Pfc. Jose Baggett, 27, of Chicago, told CNN. "He left his guard post. Nobody knows if he defected or he's a traitor or he was kidnapped. What I do know is he was there to protect us and instead he decided to defer from America and go and do his own thing. I don't know why he decided to do that, but we spend so much of our resources, and some of those resources were soldiers' lives."

hy

Some fellow soldiers took to social media to express their anger at Bergdahl on such Web pages as "Bowe Bergdahl is NOT a hero." Comments, however, were so vicious, a moderator posted:

"I challenge any one of you who label him a traitor to spend 5 years in captivity with the Taliban or Haqqani, then come back and accuse him again. Whatever his intent when he walked away or was captured, he has more than paid for it."

Rolling Stone*reported in 2012 that Bergdahl had become disillusioned with the U.S. war effort and told his parents: "The future is too good to waste on lies. And life is way too short to care for the damnation of others, as well as to spend it helping fools with their ideas that are wrong. I have seen their ideas and I am ashamed to even be American. The horror of the self-righteous arrogance that they thrive in. It is all revolting.

Fuck your information. It is all speculation and hearsay. Why can't you idiots wait until the facts are known?

I'll tell you why. Because if you muddy the water enough with every fucking thing that pops up on nutter websites.....you get to pretend that some or all of it is true for FUCKING YEARS after the facts are known. It does you no good to wait for the facts. Your version will feed your hunger regardless of validity.

You have been doing this shit for a couple of decades now. It is now your nature.

Last edited:
While the swap looks to be an asinine decision, what the hell does a hearing accomplish? I don't see anything that would be in contention for a hearing.

They should beat Obama over the head for this but a hearing is misplaced and purposeless.

I disagree. He broke the law. He's broken many laws. The man should be removed from office. But since that will never happen, hearings are the only way people can expose his defiance of these laws to the public. Such defiance shouldn't ever go unnoticed.

No, they are not. The sole reason for a hearing is to find out what happened or why. It only exposes something where there are unknowns. In this case – what are the unknowns?

The sole provision that is contention of being broken is notifying congress before the prisoners are released. Obama seems to be claiming that there was no time for that provision and it would surprise me deeply if there was no contingency for that outcome. He will have absolutely zero problem showing that such is the case either IMHO but at least that can be something for a hearing. However, that does nothing to help the republicans as it changes the headline from releasing top Taliban brass for a single soldier that likely deserted to a pissing contest over Obama notifying congress. That is both a political loss and a pointless endeavor IMHO.

It does not surprise me though, the republicans tend to be the political retards in the room when it comes right down to messaging. That is their greatest enemy.

Assholes!

hy

Fuck your information. It is all speculation and hearsay. Why can't you idiots wait until the facts are known?

I'll tell you why. Because if you muddy the water enough with every fucking thing that pops up on nutter websites.....you get to pretend that some or all of it is true for FUCKING YEARS after the facts are known. It does you no good to wait for the facts. Your version will feed your hunger regardless of validity.

You have been doing this shit for a couple of decades now. It is now your nature.

I normally do wait, but in this case the more I investigate it looks like it's been common knowledge for some time that Bergdahl almost assuredly left his post and deserted.

And by the way, that issue is completely separate from the prisoner swap, which is now looking like quite the out of balance swap.

While the swap looks to be an asinine decision, what the hell does a hearing accomplish? I don't see anything that would be in contention for a hearing.

They should beat Obama over the head for this but a hearing is misplaced and purposeless.

I disagree. He broke the law. He's broken many laws. The man should be removed from office. But since that will never happen, hearings are the only way people can expose his defiance of these laws to the public. Such defiance shouldn't ever go unnoticed.

No, they are not. The sole reason for a hearing is to find out what happened or why. It only exposes something where there are unknowns. In this case – what are the unknowns?

The sole provision that is contention of being broken is notifying congress before the prisoners are released. Obama seems to be claiming that there was no time for that provision and it would surprise me deeply if there was no contingency for that outcome. He will have absolutely zero problem showing that such is the case either IMHO but at least that can be something for a hearing. However, that does nothing to help the republicans as it changes the headline from releasing top Taliban brass for a single soldier that likely deserted to a pissing contest over Obama notifying congress. That is both a political loss and a pointless endeavor IMHO.

It does not surprise me though, the republicans tend to be the political retards in the room when it comes right down to messaging. That is their greatest enemy.

We know that Obama wanted to make the deal for the release.

We know that the GOP members of congress oppose every fucking thing that Obama wishes to accomplish.

Had 30 days notice been given......the shit would have leaked and this soldier would have become a political football......possibly leading to a breakdown in the deal.

If the GOP could be counted on to leave their politics out of it.....then the 30 days notice could have been given.

Be honest and admit it.

Taliban's Mullah Omar celebrates prisoner-swap 'victory'

Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar has issued a rare public statement hailing the exchange of five Guantanamo Bay detainees for a Taliban-held US soldier as a "big victory".

Sgt Bowe Bergdahl, 28, was handed to US forces in Afghanistan on Saturday.

The White House has defended the swap amid criticism from Republicans who said the deal was soft on terrorism.

Sgt Bergdahl's parents said their son's recovery would take a long time, in an emotional address on Sunday.

They said they had not yet spoken to the soldier, who is in a good condition and currently undergoing medical care at a US military hospital in Germany.

"Bowe's been gone for so long that it's going to be difficult to come back," his father, Robert Bergdahl, told journalists at a news briefing in Idaho, the family's home state.

Jani and Bob Bergdahl spoke of their love and pride for their son, Sgt Bowe Bergdahl, and said he would need time to ''decompress''

"It's like a diver going deep on a dive and [having] to stage back up through decompression to get the nitrogen bubbles out of his system. If he comes up too fast, it could kill him."

The parents earlier revealed that Sgt Bergdahl had trouble speaking English. He was the only US soldier being held by the Taliban in Afghanistan.

'Breach of law'

Earlier on Sunday, Mullah Omar, who has made no public appearances or speeches since fleeing Afghanistan in 2001 when US-led forces toppled the Taliban after the 9/11 attacks in the US, said: "I extend my heartfelt congratulations to the entire Afghan Muslim nation."

The Afghan government, which was not informed of the deal until after the exchange had taken place, has condemned it as a "breach of international law".

"We are strongly opposed to it," it said in a statement, adding: "We want Qatar and the US government to let the men go free."

The five senior Afghan detainees are thought to be the most senior Afghans held at the US detention facility in Cuba, having been captured during America's military campaign in 2001.

line
David Loyn, BBC News, Kabul

Pictures of Taliban militants embracing their comrades released from Guantanamo, and comments by Mullah Omar calling this a "great victory", seemed designed to enrage Republican opponents of President Barack Obama who saw the deal as soft on terrorism.

The US defence secretary dismissed the criticism, saying this was an exchange of prisoners of war. He said that he hoped the deal would open the way to a wider peace process.

But sources close to the Taliban say that the deal took so long to negotiate because of a US desire to widen the scope of the talks. They say that this precise deal was on the table three years ago, but the negotiations failed because the US wanted to extend the talks into areas beyond a prisoner swap.

The Afghan government want talks on their terms to be held in Afghanistan. But any progress will have to wait the outcome of the Afghan election, now expected in August.

Will soldier deal embolden US enemies?

MORE: BBC News - Taliban's Mullah Omar celebrates prisoner-swap 'victory'

Well, some liberals would have fought for Hanoi Jane had she been imprisoned by the Viet Cong. So it would be typical that if Bergdahl turns out to be a traitor to his country, that these certain liberals would defend him also.

Jane Fonda acted like an idiot, no question. She was not, however, a member of the US Armed Forces. Big difference (Fonda has also apologized, given money to Vet causes, something many in Congress fail to see the need for.) I am not old enough to remember much of what she did, but researched it once. Sitting in a North Vietnamese tank was reprehensible. And of course Americans would have fought for her freedom were she imprisoned by the Vietcong. This country is much greater than you seem to believe.

We know that the GOP members of congress oppose every fucking thing that Obama wishes to accomplish.

Had 30 days notice been given......the shit would have leaked and this soldier would have become a political football......possibly leading to a breakdown in the deal.

If the GOP could be counted on to leave their politics out of it.....then the 30 days notice could have been given.

Be honest and admit it.
If that is the case then Obama did something absolutely reprehensible. You do realize that as a nation of LAWS and not men you are not given a pass to ignore law simply because you find the outcome distasteful.

What you stated above shows the depravity that this nation has come to - open admittance and acceptance that we ignore law when we find it convenient for our cause. Fucking despicable.

Be honest and admit it.
If that is the case then Obama did something absolutely reprehensible. You do realize that as a nation of LAWS and not men you are not given a pass to ignore law simply because you find the outcome distasteful.

What you stated above shows the depravity that this nation has come to - open admittance and acceptance that we ignore law when we find it convenient for our cause. Fucking despicable.

That is the case. And fuck you. The president has the authority to do what he did. You are absolutely allowing your partisanship to shape your opinion on this matter. Absolutely.

You don't give a shit about the law. Who the fuck do you think you are fooling?

Just fuck off.

Last edited:
Taliban's Mullah Omar celebrates prisoner-swap 'victory'

Afghan Taliban leader Mullah Mohammad Omar has issued a rare public statement hailing the exchange of five Guantanamo Bay detainees for a Taliban-held US soldier as a "big victory".

Sgt Bowe Bergdahl, 28, was handed to US forces in Afghanistan on Saturday.

The White House has defended the swap amid criticism from Republicans who said the deal was soft on terrorism.

Sgt Bergdahl's parents said their son's recovery would take a long time, in an emotional address on Sunday.

They said they had not yet spoken to the soldier, who is in a good condition and currently undergoing medical care at a US military hospital in Germany.

"Bowe's been gone for so long that it's going to be difficult to come back," his father, Robert Bergdahl, told journalists at a news briefing in Idaho, the family's home state.

Jani and Bob Bergdahl spoke of their love and pride for their son, Sgt Bowe Bergdahl, and said he would need time to ''decompress''

"It's like a diver going deep on a dive and [having] to stage back up through decompression to get the nitrogen bubbles out of his system. If he comes up too fast, it could kill him."

The parents earlier revealed that Sgt Bergdahl had trouble speaking English. He was the only US soldier being held by the Taliban in Afghanistan.

'Breach of law'

Earlier on Sunday, Mullah Omar, who has made no public appearances or speeches since fleeing Afghanistan in 2001 when US-led forces toppled the Taliban after the 9/11 attacks in the US, said: "I extend my heartfelt congratulations to the entire Afghan Muslim nation."

The Afghan government, which was not informed of the deal until after the exchange had taken place, has condemned it as a "breach of international law".

"We are strongly opposed to it," it said in a statement, adding: "We want Qatar and the US government to let the men go free."

The five senior Afghan detainees are thought to be the most senior Afghans held at the US detention facility in Cuba, having been captured during America's military campaign in 2001.

line
David Loyn, BBC News, Kabul

Pictures of Taliban militants embracing their comrades released from Guantanamo, and comments by Mullah Omar calling this a "great victory", seemed designed to enrage Republican opponents of President Barack Obama who saw the deal as soft on terrorism.

The US defence secretary dismissed the criticism, saying this was an exchange of prisoners of war. He said that he hoped the deal would open the way to a wider peace process.

But sources close to the Taliban say that the deal took so long to negotiate because of a US desire to widen the scope of the talks. They say that this precise deal was on the table three years ago, but the negotiations failed because the US wanted to extend the talks into areas beyond a prisoner swap.

The Afghan government want talks on their terms to be held in Afghanistan. But any progress will have to wait the outcome of the Afghan election, now expected in August.

Will soldier deal embolden US enemies?

MORE: BBC News - Taliban's Mullah Omar celebrates prisoner-swap 'victory'

No surprise, but even more sickening.

That is the case. And fuck you. The president has the authority to do what he did. You are absolutely allowing your partisanship to shape your opinion on this matter. Absolutely.

Just fuck off.

:lol:

No surprise there. You are the one stating that Obama outright ignored the law because of political expediency. I never made such a claim. Now you are demanding that I am the one being partisan because I called that for what it is. Sure, you hack. I am partisan because I don’t think that the president should ignore law for expediency while you are such a ‘centrist’ giving him an open ticket to do whatever he wants.

Fuck off indeed. Apparently I hit a nerve when I showed how truly depraved your first post really was.

Afghanistan under the Taliban had one of the worst human rights records in the world. The regime systematically repressed all sectors of the population and denied even the most basic individual rights. Yet the Taliban's war against women was particularly appalling.Women are imprisoned in their homes, and are denied access to basic health care and education. Food sent to help starving people is stolen by their leaders. The religious monuments of other faiths are destroyed. Children are forbidden to fly kites, or sing songs... A girl of seven is beaten for wearing white shoes.*-- President George W. Bush, Remarks to the Warsaw Conference on Combating Terrorism, November 6, 2001The Taliban first became prominent in 1994 and took over the Afghan capital, Kabul, in 1996. The takeover followed over 20 years of civil war and political instability. Initially, some hoped that the Taliban would provide stability to the country. However, it soon imposed a strict and oppressive order based on its misinterpretation of Islamic law.The assault on the status of women began immediately after the Taliban took power in Kabul. The Taliban closed the women's university and forced nearly all women to quit their jobs, closing down an important source of talent and expertise for the country. It restricted access to medical care for women, brutally enforced a restrictive dress code, and limited the ability of women to move about the city.The Taliban perpetrated egregious acts of violence against women, including rape, abduction, and forced marriage. Some families resorted to sending their daughters to Pakistan or Iran to protect them.Afghan women living under the Taliban virtually had the world of work closed to them. Forced to quit their jobs as teachers, doctors, nurses, and clerical workers when the Taliban took over, women could work only in very limited circumstances. A tremendous asset was lost to a society that desperately needed trained professionals.As many as 50,000 women, who had lost husbands and other male relatives during Afghanistan's long civil war, had no source of income. Many were reduced to selling all of their possessions and begging in the streets, or worse, to feed their families.Denied Education and Health CareRestricting women's access to work is an attack on women today. Eliminating women's access to education is an assault on women tomorrow.The Taliban ended, for all practical purposes, education for girls. Since 1998, girls over the age of eight have been prohibited from attending school. Home schooling, while sometimes tolerated, was more often repressed. Last year, the Taliban jailed and then deported a female foreign aid worker who had promoted home-based work for women and home schools for girls. The Taliban prohibited women from studying at Kabul University."The Taliban has clamped down on knowledge and ignorance is ruling instead."-- Sadriqa, a 22-year-old woman in KabulAs a result of these measures, the Taliban was ensuring that women would continue to sink deeper into poverty and deprivation, thereby guaranteeing that tomorrow's women would have none of the skills needed to function in a modern society.Under Taliban rule, women were given only the most rudimentary access to health care and medical care, thereby endangering the health of women, and in turn, their families. In most hospitals, male physicians could only examine a female patient if she were fully clothed, ruling out the possibility of meaningful diagnosis and treatment.These Taliban regulations led to a lack of adequate medical care for women and contributed to increased suffering and higher mortality rates. Afghanistan has the world's second worst rate of maternal death during childbirth. About 16 out of every 100 women die giving birth.Inadequate medical care for women also meant poor medical care and a high mortality rate for Afghan children. Afghanistan has one of the world's highest rates of infant and child mortality. According to the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF), 165 of every 1000 babies die before their first birthday.Further hampering health, the Taliban destroyed public education posters and other health information. This left many women, in a society already plagued by massive illiteracy, without basic health care information.In May 2001, the Taliban raided and temporarily closed a foreign-funded hospital in Kabul because male and female staff allegedly mixed in the dining room and operating wards. It is significant to note that approximately 70% of health services had been provided by international relief organizations -- further highlighting the Taliban's general disregard for the welfare of the Afghan people."The life of Afghan women is so bad.* We are locked at home and cannot see the sun."-- Nageeba, a 35-year-old widow in KabulThe Taliban also required that windows of houses be painted over to prevent outsiders from possibly seeing women inside homes, further isolating women who once led productive lives and contributing to a rise in mental health problems. Physicians for Human Rights reports high rates of depression and suicide among Afghan women. One European physician reported many cases of burns in the esophagus as the result of women swallowing battery acid or household cleaners--a cheap, if painful, method of suicide.Fettered by Restrictions on MovementIn urban areas, the Taliban brutally enforced a dress code that required women to be covered under a burqa -- a voluminous, tent-like full-body outer garment that covers them from head to toe. One Anglo-Afghan journalist reported that the burqa's veil is so thick that the wearer finds it difficult to breathe; the small mesh panel permitted for seeing allows such limited vision that even crossing the street safely is difficult.While the burqa existed prior to the Taliban, its use was not required. As elsewhere in the Muslim world and the United States, women chose to use the burqa as a matter of individual religious or personal preference. In Afghanistan, however, the Taliban enforced the wearing of the burqa with threats, fines, and on-the-spot beatings. Even the accidental showing of the feet or ankles was severely punished. No exceptions were allowed. One woman who became violently carsick was not permitted to take off the garment. When paying for food in the market, a woman's hand could not show when handing over money or receiving the purchase. Even girls as young as eight or nine years old were expected to wear the burqa.The fate of women in Afghanistan is infamous and intolerable. The burqa that imprisons them is a cloth prison, but it is above all a moral prison. The torture imposed on little girls who dare to show their ankles or their polished nails is appalling. It is unacceptable and insupportable.*-- King Mohammed VI of Morocco

Surprisingly the above is from the state dept. website. And we just gave them back their top 5 and they, themselves are calling it a victory. The small inroads made for women and children there could very possibly be all for naught.

How any woman (or man) that cares for the plight of other women and chikdren could find this acceptable, is beyond my comprehension.

Just fuck off.

:lol:

No surprise there. You are the one stating that Obama outright ignored the law because of political expediency. I never made such a claim. Now you are demanding that I am the one being partisan because I called that for what it is. Sure, you hack. I am partisan because I don’t think that the president should ignore law for expediency while you are such a ‘centrist’ giving him an open ticket to do whatever he wants.

Fuck off indeed. Apparently I hit a nerve when I showed how truly depraved your first post really was.

You hit a nerve by being so transparently partisan. I've been listening to bullshit politicians on the floor of the Senate all day.......lying and exaggerating in their haste to squeeze every ounce of political blood possible from this issue.

I've had my fill today. You fuckers are shameless.

Forum List

Back