Liverpool chairman determined to see Premier League games played in USA

Tommy Tainant

Diamond Member
Jan 20, 2016

They just dont get it do they ? Idont think any club fans would put up with shit like this. They may think American fans like their teams moving round but I suspect that fans of American teams hate it as well.

No franchise in UK.

They just dont get it do they ? Idont think any club fans would put up with shit like this. They may think American fans like their teams moving round but I suspect that fans of American teams hate it as well.

No franchise in UK.
was never a soccer fan, until recently. Are they as "political" over there? Like taking a knee, and silly patches like BLM and so forth on the jersey?

With all the foreigners invading our shores an alien sport might be at least slightly popular

NFL games have been played abroad, including the UK. So what's wrong with the LGBTQ-friendly game of soccer being played over here? The USA has a growing Homo population

No franchise in UK.
Stick to football Turdy
For once you got something right however obvious .

was never a soccer fan, until recently. Are they as "political" over there? Like taking a knee, and silly patches like BLM and so forth on the jersey?
Sometimes. They will pick up on ethical issues at times. My club had a deal with an oil company whose owners suppored trump. They were forced to dump the deal because any link with trump is not acceptable.

NFL games have been played abroad, including the UK. So what's wrong with the LGBTQ-friendly game of soccer being played over here? The USA has a growing Homo population
I struggle with your thought processes. It will never be ok to play games where your fans cant see you play. Its just another show.

Sometimes. They will pick up on ethical issues at times. My club had a deal with an oil company whose owners suppored trump. They were forced to dump the deal because any link with trump is not acceptable.
I think they were called Champion possibly.

I struggle with your thought processes. It will never be ok to play games where your fans cant see you play. Its just another show.

There is no TV in England? There are no UK to USA flights scheduled?

Plenty of opportunity for fans to see the team if they want

There is no TV in England? There are no UK to USA flights scheduled?

Plenty of opportunity for fans to see the team if they want
You do not understand the culture. People organise their lives around their teams fixtures. Weddings and holidays. Where they live. A;;is related to where their club plays.
The club is central to their lives and they have to be there.They have never watched their team on tv.

Name the club if you care. I will take a knee to them

No franchise in UK.
I wouldn’t want to see a stateside franchise. That would be silly. But the NFL has played games in Europe for a number of years. The league has survived. From all outward appearances anyway, the games are wildly popular. And, of course, it’s all about money for the owners. What I would like to see is maybe 8 games played over here--top 8 teams in the EPL play a tournament. It will blow the US Fans’ minds but have the first round maybe in September; the next 2 games maybe in November and then the final in March???

I know I’m speaking as a yankee fan but I would love to see a non-friendly featuring a top flight EPL club. Of course from the standpoint of the ordinary fans of Liverpool or Arsenal or ManCity, that would be 2 or 3 games they likely can’t attend. In ManCity’s case, it would be 3 games LOL.

You said “No Franchise in UK”.... I don’t get it.
Franchises are a US thing. they dont work in the UK. In fact it was tried once when Wimbledon were moved to Milton Keynes. They were an outcast. Fans of other c;ubs refused to go there as did fans of Wimbledon who refused to drive 100 miles to watch them.

I wouldn’t want to see a stateside franchise. That would be silly. But the NFL has played games in Europe for a number of years. The league has survived. From all outward appearances anyway, the games are wildly popular. And, of course, it’s all about money for the owners. What I would like to see is maybe 8 games played over here--top 8 teams in the EPL play a tournament. It will blow the US Fans’ minds but have the first round maybe in September; the next 2 games maybe in November and then the final in March???

I know I’m speaking as a yankee fan but I would love to see a non-friendly featuring a top flight EPL club. Of course from the standpoint of the ordinary fans of Liverpool or Arsenal or ManCity, that would be 2 or 3 games they likely can’t attend. In ManCity’s case, it would be 3 games LOL.
No all of that is wrong.

I have no problem with them going over in the summrt playing bogus friendlies. But not competitive games which should be played in front of real fans in their real homes.

No all of that is wrong.

I have no problem with them going over in the summrt playing bogus friendlies. But not competitive games which should be played in front of real fans in their real homes.
Well, you’re entitled to your opinion of course but I’m just stating that the European fans have embraced the NFL. The NFL seems to be making a very nice profit going over there since they are doing it every year and have expanded it to include going to Brazil in the upcoming season.

Well, you’re entitled to your opinion of course but I’m just stating that the European fans have embraced the NFL. The NFL seems to be making a very nice profit going over there since they are doing it every year and have expanded it to include going to Brazil in the upcoming season.
But that is just a show. Football is life.

Forum List

Back