London Copycat Strikes in Paris

Awful. North African sounds like this is another Nigerian Muslim. North Nigeria full of these guys - immigrated to England, Paris.... USA.. so sorry to hear this news report. Americans need to start demanding action from our own representatives and Senators now. Better to get out in front of it right now.

Our soldiers are armed when they are on patrol. Chickenshit coward extremists might think twice before trying to hack with a knife one of ours.

But, I see how this is going to go now..just as I said before. Little here, little there. Copycats are going to spring up all over the place.

I'm sure that you all mean well, but the widespread notion that a pistol in your possession would render you less vulnerable is naive to say the least. When taken by surprise, you have no time to draw your weapon.

Consider this. You're an armed police officer or serviceman/woman on your own. Someone taps you on the shoulder. You turn around. Upon coming face-to-face your assailant launches into a frenzied knife attack. Your first instinct would be to grab hold of the knife, not reach for the pistol on your hip. You've either died from your injuries or your weakened state leaes you at the mercy of your attacker, who will have disarmed you or fled the scene.

I'm sure that you all mean well, but the widespread notion that a pistol in your possession would render you less vulnerable is naive to say the least. When taken by surprise, you have no time to draw your weapon.

Consider this. You're an armed police officer or serviceman/woman on your own. Someone taps you on the shoulder. You turn around. Upon coming face-to-face your assailant launches into a frenzied knife attack. Your first instinct would be to grab hold of the knife, not reach for the pistol on your hip. You've either died from your injuries or your weakened state leaes you at the mercy of your attacker, who will have disarmed you or fled the scene.
Draw, turn,fire.

Draw, turn,fire.

For that to even work, you'd have to use the first two elements of that tactic on anyone who approached you from behind, regardless of whether or not they posed a visible threat. Can't see that going down well with the people you're supposed to be protecting/policing.

The Islamists are out of control throughout the whole world and particularly in France, which is considered a hotbed of radical Islamists ...thankfully this time, although badly hurt the soldier's life is not in danger... thanks God for that!

This brings back sad memories of last year Toulouse and Montauban shootings where three French paratroopers were killed by a man police describe as a French-born Islamic extremist who then went on to strike a Jewish school in the south of France, killing four more people.

Our soldiers are armed when they are on patrol. Chickenshit coward extremists might think twice before trying to hack with a knife one of ours.

But, I see how this is going to go now..just as I said before. Little here, little there. Copycats are going to spring up all over the place.

I don't see where it says this French soldier was unarmed. It says he was part of a patrol, so I would assume he would be armed.

It's good to hear he will survive.

All I know is...I am glad I am a hermit. With a weapon. Whether I get to draw it or not (if out in public for some reason), then at least I died trying. Not saying the french guy didn't fight.

The point is...how many others are going to crawl out from under their rock and do this all over the world? THIS is why that guy wanted to be filmed. He wanted others to follow his lead.

What is the solution? Can't kick every muslim out of the country here...because how do you tell the good ones from the bad ones? Look at Westboro. They don't represent Christians any more than these insane murderous bastards represent all muslims. So...how is this fixed? What can anyone do? Be wary, for starters. And keep your weapons handy?

Was this the excuse for the attack on the French soldier?...
:eusa_eh:
France aids Niger forces, jihadists vow new attacks
Sun, May 26, 2013 - INTERVENTION: A French official said two alleged terrorists had been killed in a raid on a Nigerien army base, where Islamists had holed up after suicide bombings on Thursday
French special forces and local troops raided an army base on Friday in northern Niger, ending a hostage seizure by Islamist fighters who had staged twin suicide bombings that killed at least 20 people. The dawn raid came after Signatories in Blood, a jihadist group that claimed Thursday’s blasts, threatened to continue attacking Niger until the country withdraws its forces from neighboring Mali, where they are part of a French-led military campaign against Islamists. A French defense ministry official said two “terrorists” had been killed in the raid on a building at the Agadez army base, where Islamist fighters had holed up after the bombings and were holding a group of trainee soldiers hostage. An elected official in Agadez, the main city in Niger’s mostly desert north, gave a higher toll, saying three “terrorists” and three hostages had been killed, as well as a civilian caught in the crossfire.

French Defence Minister Jean-Yves Le Drian confirmed France had taken part in the raid. “The situation has stabilized as we speak, especially in Agadez, where our special forces intervened to back the Niger forces,” he said on France’s BFMTV. Signatories in Blood, founded by veteran Algerian jihadist Mokhtar Belmokhtar, first grabbed worldwide attention in January when it seized an Algerian gas plant in a brazen attack that left 38 hostages dead. Belmokhtar had been reported dead last month by Chadian President Idriss Deby, who said the one-eyed extremist had been killed in fighting with Chadian troops in northeastern Mali. However, the jihadist group’s spokesman el-Hassen Ould Khalil was quoted as saying by a Mauritanian news agency that “it was Belmokhtar himself who supervised the operational plans” in the Niger attacks.

The group also warned of “further operations” in Niger and threatened France and other countries involved in what it called the “Crusader campaign” in Mali. Thursday’s attack at the Agadez army base left 18 soldiers and one civilian dead, officials said. French nuclear group Areva said a near-simultaneous suicide bombing at its majority-owned uranium mine in northern Arlit had killed one and injured 14 employees. Adding to the differing death toll figures in Agadez since Thursday’s violence, Nigerien Defence Minister Mahamadou Karidjo, speaking on public radio, said a total of 24 troops and eight Islamist assailants had died in the fighting. Areva president and chief executive officer Luc Oursel traveled to Niger on Friday to express his support for the victims and confirm the company’s commitment to the country. “My visit here is a testament to the strength of our engagement in Niger,” he said in a statement.

An Areva employee said questions were still being asked as to how the attack could have happened considering “the impressive military and security apparatus” that was in place. Meanwhile, Niger’s public television network broadcast images of the destruction at the military base, including pieces of the suicide bombers’ flesh strewn across the ground, debris from a four-by-four they blew up and roofs torn from buildings at the base. Agadez residents said they were still reeling from the attacks, the first of their kind in the impoverished former French colony. Signatories in Blood was the second group to claim the attacks. The Movement for Oneness and Jihad in West Africa (MUJAO), one of three Islamist groups that seized northern Mali last year before French-led troops drove them out, also claimed responsibility on Thursday.

MORE

The soldier was more than likely armed. All the ones I saw there on patrol were.

To me this just shows how weak the terrorists really are.

A French soldier has been stabbed in the throat whilst patrolling Paris' business district. Police are looking for a man who has been descibed by witnesses as being of North African origin.

French Soldier Stabbed in Paris - Telegraph

this isnt the only places this is happening

try another US Embassy Cairo

A man standing nearby, outside the visa line, had politely asked him if he was American, to which Stone had confirmed – in Arabic – that he was. Less than one minute later, Badr had snuck up behind him and stabbed him in the neck before security guards could react.

“It felt like an electric shock. I didn’t even understand what had happened,” Stone recalled, visibly shaken.

“Though I am utterly thankful for their swift response and the quality of the medical care I was given immediately after the incident, I strongly believe that the embassy needs to review its security protocol,” he added.

“That area should be the safest place in Cairo for Americans, not the most dangerous,” asserted Stone, who had heard from prosecutors that his assailant had also had a Molotov cocktail in his possession, and no passport to justify his loitering outside the consulate.

In a security alert released the day after the attack, the embassy announced that it had stepped up security in and around its parameters.

“The embassy has requested police to elevate their presence in and around all embassy access control points,” the statement read.

Badr is currently in police custody pending investigation on charges of attempted murder.

Ahram Online - Egypt still 'safe place for Americans': Attacked US scholar

"Answer:

"France killed a million and a half of Algerians from 1954-1962, and more than 3 millions some researchers say , from 1830 to 1962 , the number of the wounded and missing is much higher , France used during that all kind of illegal weapons napalm and so on, not mentioning nuclear tests in the desert of Algeria , plus the illegal control of lands, properties ,and resources, extermination of whole villages if a resistance came from it."

Why has France been accused of war crimes in Algeria

The French people could stop this any time they want. For the moment, there are more French than muslims.

We joke a lot about the French being cowards, but the French knew how to deal with collaborators after WWII. The politicians who now want to accommodate muslim terrorists are collaborators and should be dealt with accordingly. On many levels the bureaucrats have failed the people. The time has come for immediate action and I hope the French take it.

Forum List

Back