London shadow of its former self

TroglocratsRdumb

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2017

(snippet)
Eight years of Sadiq Khan’s London and what do we have to show for it? Tragically, not much. In fact, I’d challenge anyone to think of a positive legacy from his mayoralty. We mustn’t forget how he’s renamed the train lines, of course, or expanded his punitive Ulez car tax, or created a fake beach, or let a Donald Trump blimp float over the city, or allowed a Jewish minority to become terrified of going into the city centre almost every week. All at the same time as achieving the ignominious accolade of London being declared the “knife crime capital”.
For many, London is less safe today than ever before. During Khan’s tenure, the Metropolitan Police has deteriorated so badly that it’s been forced into special measures. It was then judged to be wholly dysfunctional by Baroness Casey, whose report tore strips off the mayor for failing to hold the police to account.
One in five Londoners now report that they have been attacked or threatened with violence in the last five years. While knife crime fell in the last year around the country, it rose in London. While other police and crime commissioners are opening new police stations, Khan is closing them.
Sexual offences in London have increased. Women often don’t feel safe in the city.
Muggings are a fact of life in London.
Our capital is now a shadow of its former self. Less vibrant, less safe, less harmonious.

Comment:
Khan is who said that islamic terrorist attacks are “part and parcel of living in a big city”
That alone should be a reason to not reelect him.
The Londoners need to elect someone who has their best interests in mind.

(snippet)
Eight years of Sadiq Khan’s London and what do we have to show for it? Tragically, not much. In fact, I’d challenge anyone to think of a positive legacy from his mayoralty. We mustn’t forget how he’s renamed the train lines, of course, or expanded his punitive Ulez car tax, or created a fake beach, or let a Donald Trump blimp float over the city, or allowed a Jewish minority to become terrified of going into the city centre almost every week. All at the same time as achieving the ignominious accolade of London being declared the “knife crime capital”.
For many, London is less safe today than ever before. During Khan’s tenure, the Metropolitan Police has deteriorated so badly that it’s been forced into special measures. It was then judged to be wholly dysfunctional by Baroness Casey, whose report tore strips off the mayor for failing to hold the police to account.
One in five Londoners now report that they have been attacked or threatened with violence in the last five years. While knife crime fell in the last year around the country, it rose in London. While other police and crime commissioners are opening new police stations, Khan is closing them.
Sexual offences in London have increased. Women often don’t feel safe in the city.
Our capital is now a shadow of its former self. Less vibrant, less safe, less harmonious.

Comment:
Khan is who said that islamic terrorist attacks are “part and parcel of living in a big city”
Why is anyone surprised?

Always remember that it is intolerant to criticize the "religion of peace"

islamicterrorismvjfhfhdggs.jpg

islamicterrorismgjgjgjj.jpg

islamicterrorismhkvggfhgf.jpg

(snippet)

Comment:
The successes of MSS over the last 30 years in particular has been astounding. In the annals of history, their method of infiltration and influence of so many adversarial/enemy states may be unmatched.

Destroying their enemies without firing a single shot. Even more impressive, out in the open but yet, still in the shadows. In fact, they did so by leveraging the very institutions and corporations that made the West so powerful. The definition of impressive in the world of spycraft and they aren't slowing down (though the West is far more alert now, thanks largely to Trump let's face it).

The chances of the West recovering to its former glory is slim, let's face it.

The chances of the West recovering to its former glory is slim, let's face it.
England and France brought it on themselves, and the Germans accepting a million from the Middle East was cultural suicide. They too surrendered to their past. All three had centuries of colonialism and subjugation of their colonies, and now the chickens of their conquests have come home to roost.

Has that saying ever been more apt than in this context?

(snippet)

Comment:
/——/ You get the government you deserve.

Not London anymore ....Londonistan

View attachment 938730
Oh, my goodness! Is London now actually 55% non-Caucasian?

I am 87.

I grew up on thinking that England was, well, English.

I remember that some English politician in the 1950s warned that mass emigration from the Caribbean would be most undesirable.

He did not foresee, of course, the Muslim ladies and gentlemen flooding in.

My deepest sympathies to the English people.

I am 87.

I remember that some English politician in the 1950s warned that mass emigration from the Caribbean would be most undesirable.

In fact you can start calling it Eurabia instead of Europe!

Everywhere over there is the same... but London is one of the worst, with France not far behind :dunno:

I am 87.

/—-/ They allowed it to happen in the name of compassion.

I understand that the Brits had planned to send newly arrived immigrants to Rwanda!!!

But the House of Lords has vetoed the idea.

I have to admit that it would be cruel to send immigrants to Africa!!!
/——/ Should have sent the House of Lords to Australia.

It sounds like Khan is apologizing for the Asian community in London. London was attacked when I was having a summer vacation in 2005. Asian migrants arrived in the 1950s and 1960s as refugees and factory workers and they now make up 20% of the city's population. White British made up 45% of the city's population in 2011 but it further decreased to 36.8% in 2021. Whites barely make up a majority in London because of Eastern Europeans migrants such as Poles and Romanians (17.0%).

According to Census data for England and Wales in 2021 36.8% of people in London identified as “White: English, Welsh, Scottish, Northern Irish or British”.

However, a further 17% of people in London identified as “White: Other”, meaning that a total of 53.8% identified as white.

Last edited:

(snippet)

Comment:

Khan and London are 339 miles down South from me, thank goodness.

Screenshot_20240428-074605.png

London is a shit hole. Well, anything from the Midlands down tbh.

Forum List

Back