Lone Survivor Navy SEAL Has a Response If He’d Want US to Trade His Freedom for 5 Vic

Lovebears65

Gold Member
Apr 17, 2011
Georgia
Lone Survivor Navy SEAL Has a Response If He’d Want US to Trade His Freedom for 5 Vicious Terrorists
Luttrell was asked by CNN’s Anderson Cooper, “Had the situation with you been different, would you have wanted an exchange of prisoners?”

“No,” Luttrell stated flatly, before explaining. “When I went out there, I knew the risks and I accepted those,” he said. “If I died on the battlefield, then that was the way it was supposed to be. When I did get captured, the only thing I held onto was the fact that my teammates were going to come get me, period

Lone Survivor Navy SEAL Has a Response If He’d Want US to Trade His Freedom for 5 Vicious Terrorists
Luttrell was asked by CNN’s Anderson Cooper, “Had the situation with you been different, would you have wanted an exchange of prisoners?”

“No,” Luttrell stated flatly, before explaining. “When I went out there, I knew the risks and I accepted those,” he said. “If I died on the battlefield, then that was the way it was supposed to be. When I did get captured, the only thing I held onto was the fact that my teammates were going to come get me, period

And they did. Bergdahl was captured and we didn't leave him behind. Leave no one behind. I learned that in the USMC. Errrrrr, devil.

Of course. It is easy to say right now. BTW...did Bergdahl have a choice in this matter? Can you show us where the Taliban asked his opinion on the exchange? Link it for us.

Some fairly big differences between Luttrell and Bergdahl Luttrell was on a mission that wen't very bad nor was he captured by the Taliban he was taken in and protected by Afghan villagers until our guys found him Bergdahl on the other hand left his equipment and weapons behind walked off his base and was captured then we traded five high ranking Taliban to free him.

Of course. It is easy to say right now. BTW...did Bergdahl have a choice in this matter? Can you show us where the Taliban asked his opinion on the exchange? Link it for us.

Yes, he had a choice in the matter. He should not have gone AWOL and the issue never would have come up. He should not have planned on going AWOL before ever arriving in Afghanistan.

CaféAuLait;9225915 said:
Yes, he had a choice in the matter. He should not have gone AWOL and the issue never would have come up. He should not have planned on going AWOL before ever arriving in Afghanistan.
Once again, it's not called AWOL on the battlefield.......the correct term is 'desertion'......being a deserter. .. :cool:

CaféAuLait;9225915 said:
Once again, it's not called AWOL on the battlefield.......the correct term is 'desertion'......being a deserter. .. :cool:

Of course, you're correct. Thanks for correcting me.

CaféAuLait;9225915 said:

You seem to have misunderstood my question. Did Bergdahl have a choice in the prisoner exchange?

Bowe had a choice. He didn't have to play Crocodile Dundee and go for a "walkabout" in Taliban territory.

Damn--you sound just like our President. Is that where you got it from ?

why does his opinion on a hypothetical situation matter?

also, the pertinent question to have asked him is would he rather be left in the hands of the enemy than have all avenues of rescue explored?

Actual the Military ask the {President numerous times if they had permission to rescue him and the President said NO.

My uncle, in a German camp for over 2 years, never would have wanted such a trade.

So if these 5 Taliban were the worst terrorists in the history of mankind, which is the rightwing propaganda machine's take,

how come no one could come up with any crimes to charge them with?

They are top echelon Taliban leaders. You really need to google more. From right wing to left wing publications all confirm that Obama released leaders not 5 Mohammed six packs.

Oh and one guy you really might want to look up is a mass murderer. Fazi. Known for his massacres of Afghan civilians. Shiites his favorite victims.

Not right wing propaganda.

Last edited:
So if these 5 Taliban were the worst terrorists in the history of mankind, which is the rightwing propaganda machine's take,

how come no one could come up with any crimes to charge them with?

You do understand the concept of a battlefield, correct? It's not like a crime scene, dear, where there is time to gather evidence, which is needed to convict someone.

Or he'd sell his story and make millions criticizing his CIC.

CaféAuLait;9225915 said:

You seem to have misunderstood my question. Did Bergdahl have a choice in the prisoner exchange?

By all account yes, he predicated the need.

CaféAuLait;9225948 said:
CaféAuLait;9225915 said:

Of course, you're correct. Thanks for correcting me.

In my opinion, AWOL is more correct.

Article 85 of the UCMJ: “(a) Any member of the armed forces who—

(1) without authority goes or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to remain away therefrom permanently;

(2) quits his unit, organization, or place of duty with intent to avoid hazardous duty or to shirk important service; or

(3) without being regularly separated from one of the armed forces enlists or accepts an appointment in the same or another one of the armed forces without fully disclosing the fact that he has not been regularly separated, or enters any foreign armed service except when authorized by the United States

The primary difference between the two offenses is "intent to remain away permanently." If one intends to return to "military control," one is guilty of "AWOL," under Article 86, not Desertion, under Article 85, even if they were away for ten years. The confusion derives from the fact that, if a member is absent without authority for longer than 30 days, the government (court-martial) is allowed to assume there was no intent to return. Therefore, the burden of proof that the accused intended to someday return to "military control" lies with the defense.

http://usmilitary.about.com/od/punitivearticles/a/mcm85.htm

AWOL from the UCMJ Art 86

“Any member of the armed forces who, without authority—

(1) fails to go to his appointed place of duty at the time prescribed;

(2) goes from that place; or

(3) absents himself or remains absent from his unit, organization, or place of duty at which he is required to be at the time prescribed; shall be punished as a court-martial may direct.”

Last edited:

Forum List

Back