Looks like the great Subway hoax is over

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
Well they are healthy. especially compared to a 1/3lb angusburger from Hardees.

The freshness of the ingredients, not their health factor, is what the article talked about the most.

IMO Subway pulled off the greatest marketing hoax of all times by marketing their sub sandwiches as "healthy"

If I go in there -- it's usually on the road --- I get a salad. And you get more food that way anyway.

I can't tell you how many times I've seen co-workers go buy an $8 Starbucks coffee , then go eat at subway for lunch, and have the attitude like they're a superior eater.

Link?

I've never liked Subway sandwiches, even before the Jared Pervnado 'splosion.

It’s Jared’s fault.

They have gone downhill fast. This latest Reuben thing is in-edible......Pastrami or Turkey. The 1000 island on it is horrible. Right into yard waste recycle can.

A few other sanwhiches are OK. A bit annoying to get 25 questions.....starting at bread type.

Last edited:
I'd rather support the Mom-n-Pop's (who often have hot food) and Subway is pretty bland.

They don't even have a Cuban, do they?

It’s Jared’s fault.

They have gone downhill fast. This latest Reuben thing is in-edible......Pastrami or Turkey. The 1000 island on it is horrible. Right into trash can.

A few other sanwhiches are OK. A bit annoying to get 25 questions.....starting at bread type.
I live near an interstate hi way. There are back to back exits that have a convince store/gas station with a Subway inside. Due to the lack of anything else around, these two Subways do a lot of business.

I don’t mind the 25 questions because I’m a picky eater and I can get my sandwich my way.

have to add oil and vinegar, parm cheese, salt, pepper and spicy mustard. Makes a good BMT

-Geaux

I'd rather support the Mom-n-Pop's (who often have hot food) and Subway is pretty bland.

They don't even have a Cuban, do they?
How did you miss it...
download (3).jpeg
Ah...well..it was nasty:puke3:...you didn't miss much.
It comes a couple times a year if you're interested in a gut grenade.

It’s Jared’s fault.

They have gone downhill fast. This latest Reuben thing is in-edible......Pastrami or Turkey. The 1000 island on it is horrible. Right into trash can.

I live near an interstate hi way. There are back to back exits that have a convince store/gas station with a Subway inside. Due to the lack of anything else around, these two Subways do a lot of business.

I don’t mind the 25 questions because I’m a picky eater and I can get my sandwich my way.

25 question? Depends on if they speak good English also. I don't know. I don't like to"work" them. even if I say, "I don't care which bread or cheese or make it normal " they ask everything. way back there, head down, got to shout in public.

It’s Jared’s fault.

25 question? Depends on if they speak good English also. I don't know. I don't like to"work" them. even if I say, "I don't care which bread or cheese or make it normal " they ask everything. way back there, head down, got to shout in public.
Well, no wonder. There is no normal. Each sandwich at subway is a custom order.

When they first opened here in Texas they were pretty good,but the quality of the ingredients has been on the decline ever since.
I haven't noticed any change other than price in what I am given when going to the Subway not far from me.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

P.S. Then again, I get the same sandwich every time, a foot long black forest ham sandwich on white bread that is with mayonnaise and lettuce in it too, nothing else. I have always loved their ham.

Forum List

Back