Los Angeles Flooding

Yup, the delightful summer weather in the PNW is amazing.

I sure wish I was in Missouri, Kentucky, or Nebraska instead.

Here in the heartland it actually got up to blistering 89 degrees today with a moderate air quality, and a low of 64 predicted for tonight. The Air Quality Index in Washington and Oregon is in the triple digits from the smoke and fires there.

Here in the heartland it actually got up to blistering 89 degrees today with a moderate air quality, and a low of 64 predicted for tonight. The Air Quality Index in Washington and Oregon is in the triple digits from the smoke and fires there.
"blistering 89"

That's pleasantly warm.

:cheeky-smiley-018:

Yup, some fires cause inconvenient smoke.
Rare.

Now get back to your 89 with humidity.
Yup, you stink ALL day.

Looks like the 101 has started to flood and here is a pic of Ventura Blvd with a McClaren about ready to be a total loss in Sherman Oaks. Death Valley is about to get 2 years of rain in a very short time period.

"blistering 89"

That's pleasantly warm.

:cheeky-smiley-018:

I remember all the years I was laying 12" concrete blocks or bricks in Dallas and Ft. Worth in the 90+ temperature with 80% humidity. But up here I don't even go outside when it's up in the 80's, but 30 degrees to me is still t-shirt weather.

Funny how we get acclimated to our surrounding temperature. I hardly ever wear anything heavier than a hoodie and a Carhartt jacket in the Winter, even when it get down below zero.

I remember all the years I was laying 12" concrete blocks or bricks in Dallas and Ft. Worth in the 90+ temperature with 80% humidity. But up here I don't even go outside when it's up in the 80's, but 30 degrees to me is still t-shirt weather.

Funny how we get acclimated to our surrounding temperature. I hardly ever wear anything heavier than a hoodie and a Carhartt jacket in the Winter, even when it get down below zero.
I'd end up poking some eyes out with my nipples if I did that ..

I'd end up poking some eyes out with my nipples if I did that ..

The coldest I ever got was one night in Irving, TX when it dropped down to 20 degrees and the wind was blowing. That Texas wind cuts right through you in the winter, I don't think the wind stopped blowing the whole 20 years I lived there.

:laughing0301:

The coldest I ever got was one night in Irving, TX when it dropped down to 20 degrees and the wind was blowing. That Texas wind cuts right through you in the winter, I don't think the wind stopped blowing the whole 20 years I lived there.

:laughing0301:
I lived in Montana .. glaciers formed on my nipples and I've been a huge advocate against climate change ever sense. No wonder I enjoy going into the frozen food department on a hot, Texas summer day.

Forum List

Back