Lots Of People Are Really Unhappy With Their Tax Refunds This Year

skews13

Diamond Member
Mar 18, 2017
GettyImages-932460248.jpg

Below is just a small sampling of Twitter reactions from taxpayers who expected a bigger refund following the passage of the GOP tax scam at the end of 2017.

If this is being repeated across the country (and millions are yet to file), the backlash could be, well, extreme.

Hoo-boy! Lots of people are really unhappy with their tax refunds this year

fake news
not even news --it's bullshit
Twitter -----hahahahhahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahaha

If you get a big tax refund, you're too stupid for words.

And another tree-fiddy to the OP, from his benefactors at Daily Kooks.

With the tax cuts being rammed through at the end of last year along with revoking deductions ......nobody knew what money to withhold

There will be a flood of unhappy Americans at the republican thief's/tax changes.

BUT, the right applauded Trump's tax plan, like it was manna from heaven

The left screamed 'specifics', all summarily ignored......and oh, the legislative timing for after the '20 election tax 'kick in the middle class nuts'......is downright diabolical

~S~

I have not done my taxes yet but based on what I have learned about Trump's fake tax cut, I have a feeling the amount I pay this year will be much more than last year.

I have not done my taxes yet but based on what I have learned about Trump's fake tax cut, I have a feeling the amount I pay this year will be much more than last year.

Thank you funding those who don't work and live off the Government.

Sincerely,

The Democrat Party.

I made my tax refund where I get around $100 back. This way, instead of the fucking worthless government getting to use my money with no interest, I put all that money into stocks and create more wealth than any federal agency can...

With the tax cuts being rammed through at the end of last year along with revoking deductions ......nobody knew what money to withhold

Yes, and this follow up thread explains that from a normal filers perspective quite nicely.

I Finished My Taxes. Here is What Happened to Me and What You Might Expect

Yes, and this follow up thread explains that from a normal filers perspective quite nicely.

I Finished My Taxes. Here is What Happened to Me and What You Might Expect

Mine was fat. I already bought a gun. I’m thinking about another as well as a trip to Colorado after my other girl child is borne. Meh, yay teump.

iT'S SO MUCH EASIER TO CRITICIZE SOMETHING YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT, ISN'T IT?

I got a raise of $1900 in my annual income and $3000 refund. I'm happy. Not so for my son I'm afraid. Those in the 6 figure income are not anxious to see what deductions are being taken away.

So, I think from what I have read and I know, the Average Joe is going to be happy and the higher earners will most likely paying more this year.

Most people aren't getting "returns", they get more than they contribute. I'll do my taxes tomorrow and I'll bet I still get a check even though I had ZERO in federal deductions.

So Americans are upset they not only paid less taxes throughout the year they're pissed because they ALSO didn't get a huge refund? If I get a huge refund this year the gov't will have to pay me because I paid very little taxes this year.

Why pay any taxes at all then?

With tax changes come updates to payroll systems. Anyhoo, anyone waiting on a refund is a moron.

Forum List

Back