Louisiana Food Stamp Recipients – No More Booze, Broads, or Bras!

Was all of that a major problem before? People spending their food stamps on tattoos, luxury cruises, video games and strippers?

If that was a major problem and this effort is meant to correct it, then Bobby Jindal has been a monumental fuck-up right up to this very moment, and this effort is way too little, way too late.

Right out of the moonbat lib playbook.
You show your intolerance. Typical.

Why won't Republican argue that this is just more big government control over people's personal lives?

Because this is a case of the Golden Rule being applied, aka "He who has the gold makes the rules". When the government pays for things, it sets the rules, which end up being more control. The result is the symptom of the problem, the source is giving government the power in the first place. People should be free to be stupid if they want to be, yes?

Why won't Republican argue that this is just more big government control over people's personal lives?

Good point. However, when one takes from the taxpayers, they agree to a certain amount of scrutiny. Same as any other person or entity that accepts government handouts.

Good point. However, when one takes from the taxpayers, they agree to a certain amount of scrutiny. Same as any other person or entity that accepts government handouts.
Really? Go talk that shit on Wall Street while everyone there points at you and laughs.

It is not your personal life to spend a handout given by government on what it was intended for,,, maybe if they want it out of your personal life, you should not get a goddamn handout to begin with.. you get your handout, you lose the discretion on what it is to be used for... it is not like it is money you earned

So the private sector owns Congress and keeps wages low to maximize corporate profits, so wages stagnate while inflation increases, lowering the purchasing power of working consumers to such a point that 49m Americans (all of whom are not pathetic drug users, you know?) can't afford food each week, and the government wants to cut food stamps and public benefits because people might spend it on a beer to try to forget for a little while that this country is shit, the game is rigged, and We the People have been completely fucked by the wealthy class.

No, really. It's all poor people's fault. Everyone on the Forbes 400 list is a god-damned saint, right?

So the private sector owns Congress and keeps wages low to maximize corporate profits, so wages stagnate while inflation increases, lowering the purchasing power of working consumers to such a point that 49m Americans (all of whom are not pathetic drug users, you know?) can't afford food each week, and the government wants to cut food stamps and public benefits because people might spend it on a beer to try to forget for a little while that this country is shit, the game is rigged, and We the People have been completely fucked by the wealthy class.

No, really. It's all poor people's fault. Everyone on the Forbes 400 list is a god-damned saint, right?
wow, what a rant about something other than the topic. Or are you really just upset because you won't be able to buy booze with your ebt anymore?

wow, what a rant about something other than the topic. Or are you really just upset because you won't be able to buy booze with your ebt anymore?
I don't buy booze anyway, asshole. Would you support a law that says that people can't buy guns or bullets with government aid? It's the same deal. It's cash aid being used for whatever. Bullets aren't essential to life. In your informed Conservative opinion, would this be more unconstitutional big government tyranny like Obamacare, or would it be sound Republican fiscal responsibility like Iraq?

You're a complete moron. You ALREADY can't buy booze with EBT. You can't buy cruises, fingernails, strippers, cars, stocks, bonds, rocks, papers, scissors, cigs, lottery tickets or anything else except raw food. The system doesn't allow it. It never did.

Dumbass.

Yes, you could, Pogo. You could use the card to get CASH at an ATM. You could (and people did) buy booze with it. You could charge BAIL money on it! (And someone was RECORDED doing so!)

There is no "cash" on EBT. It's not cash; it's a food voucher. And when you do spend it, it's not taxed. I don't know where you get these wacko stories but again I speak from experience.

No, you are wrong, again and still. There IS an EBT cash benefit. I am 100% certain of this! I will bet you that I am right, you name the amount, you name the odds. I am 100% dead serious.

Yes, you could, Pogo. You could use the card to get CASH at an ATM. You could (and people did) buy booze with it. You could charge BAIL money on it! (And someone was RECORDED doing so!)

There is no "cash" on EBT. It's not cash; it's a food voucher. And when you do spend it, it's not taxed. I don't know where you get these wacko stories but again I speak from experience.

EBT cards have both, food and cash accounts. The cash option can be used like a debit card when buying something or converted to actual cash at an ATM, after which no one would have any idea what you were spending it on. That being said, it makes any law stating what can or cannot be done with that cash ridiculous, unless the ATM option is removed.

For 99% of people in Louisiana with EBT cards, this law means nothing at all, because they receive food assistance, which is already limited to food purchases only.

For the 10,000 people who get cash benefits on EBT cards, they'll just have to stop at another ATM before they go to the liquor store.

This is a meaningless, "feel good" law. Red meat for the Conservative base, but a solution for a problem that doesn't actually exist.

No, you are wrong, again and still. There IS an EBT cash benefit. I am 100% certain of this! I will bet you that I am right, you name the amount, you name the odds. I am 100% dead serious.

You are both correct, in a way.

EBT stands for "Electronic Benefit Transfer". It's one card that can combine "welfare" services. Most of the time, EBT cards are used for food stamps. Those can only be used on food. Some states also give out various other benefits on EBT cards, including some (like Unemployment) that can be withdrawn as cash at an ATM.

Forum List

Back