Louisiana???

Fang

Platinum Member
Jan 26, 2012
Does anyone care that 13 are dead and 85,000 have registered for disaster aid? I realize President Bush isn't in office anymore so there's no political points to score, but does anyone care at all? Obama has still not returned from his vacation at Martha’s Vineyard and Hillary is MIA. Trump and Pence are touring the devastated area today.

Does anyone care that 13 are dead and 85,000 have registered for disaster aid? I realize President Bush isn't in office anymore so there's no political points to score, but does anyone care at all? Obama has still not returned from his vacation at Martha’s Vineyard and Hillary is MIA. Trump and Pence are touring the devastated area today.

So you are upset that Obama hasn't come raised the dead?

He's doing something far more important, playing a round of golf with Larry David. Plus, did a black criminal get shot by a cop that you disturb him like this?

The FACT that neither Obama or Hillary has gone to the scene of the disaster speaks volumes about their interest in the victims.
These victims have a long memory!
Polls must not be showing enough support for Hillary so why bother right?

The FACT that neither Obama or Hillary has gone to the scene of the disaster speaks volumes about their interest in the victims.

Obama going diverts resources from assistance which is why the Governor has asked him to stay away a few weeks. Workers that should be clearing storm drains instead have to go around inspecting them for explosives with cameras and then welding manholes shut; people that are cleaning streets in the neighborhoods have to converge on where the photo-op would be to clear all trash and debris, police have to be protecting the area for days once cleared and then provide parameter security. The POTUS bubble is insanely time consuming (and a bit excessive). As for Hillary, as long as she says she will spend lots of money she won't really be spending anyway on them, her supporters will cheer and vote for her.

Obama going diverts resources from assistance which is why the Governor has asked him to stay away a few weeks. Workers that should be clearing storm drains instead have to go around inspecting them for explosives with cameras and then welding manholes shut; people that are cleaning streets in the neighborhoods have to converge on where the photo-op would be to clear all trash and debris, police have to be protecting the area for days once cleared and then provide parameter security. The POTUS bubble is insanely time consuming (and a bit excessive). As for Hillary, as long as she says she will spend lots of money she won't really be spending anyway on them, her supporters will cheer and vote for her.
So why was Bush criticized so heavily?

Are you trying to tell me the city works department inspects for explosives?:lol:

Are you trying to tell me the city works department inspects for explosives?:lol:

They assist the Secret service/PD run the cameras.

I don't recall him being criticized for that so much as things like the federal relief efforts were held up by them debating whether the officials would be wearing DHS jackets or FEMA jackets. Some of the criticism was unfounded in so much as the Mayor of New Orleans obstructed evacuation efforts by not letting them use school buses

Rump gonna build a wall! And make Louisiana pay for it! :eusa_dance:

I don't recall him being criticized for that so much as things like the federal relief efforts were held up by them debating whether the officials would be wearing DHS jackets or FEMA jackets. Some of the criticism was unfounded in so much as the Mayor of New Orleans obstructed evacuation efforts by not letting them use school buses

Nobody "didn't let them" use the school buses. That was a photographer's Monday-morning quarterback myth.

Very good point. People don't stop to think that a President going somewhere has a hell of a lot more impact on the place than you or I just jumping in the car and driving there.

If I were a Louisianan who had just lost my home, the last thing I'd care about is having a big Suit come look at a neighborhood in Baton Rouge, make a 15 minute speech and leave. What matters is that FEMA, Red Cross, and all that need to be involved, are there. That applies to all of them--Obama, Trump, whoever else politicizes my loss for their gain. It will just slow down efforts while they block traffic and pull resources to protect their precious asses.

Very good point. People don't stop to think that a President going somewhere has a hell of a lot more impact on the place than you or I just jumping in the car and driving there.

In our area it is about a two week ramp up before he shows up. Lots of people aren't officially told why until close to the day but it is obvious to most of the local government employees and word spreads around town fairly readily that Obama is coming. They've been there and done that, so when helicopters full of equipment are being brought in and people are having to drop everything and do strange things they normally don't do, then it is not that big of a secret for long.

Nobody "didn't let them" use the school buses. That was a photographer's Monday-morning quarterback myth.

Sure because you say so, all the media that reported it was wrong.

I'm a Katrinite.
The media didn't "report" anything like what you posted --- the media posted a photo of drowned buses, and then speculated about them after the fact. Buses which were by the way outside the city.

In the actual event, Katrina came up fast. I wasn't even aware a storm existed until Saturday afternoon (it hit at dawn Monday less than 40 hours later). That isn't realistically enough time to corral drivers and get buses ready and dispatch them effectively. On the other hand it's the easiest thing in the world to hover in days later, take a picture of something under water and go "woulda shoulda coulda".

I'm a Katrinite.
The media didn't "report" anything like what you posted --- the media posted a photo of drowned buses, and then speculated about them after the fact. Buses which were by the way outside the city.

In the actual event, Katrina came up fast. I wasn't even aware a storm existed until Saturday afternoon (it hit at dawn Monday less than 40 hours later). That isn't realistically enough time to corral drivers and get buses ready and dispatch them effectively. On the other hand it's the easiest thing in the world to hover in days later, take a picture of something under water and go "woulda shoulda coulda".

The Algiers Bus Barn at 801 Patterson Avenue 5 miles from the superdome was filled with buses that were neither under water nor "way outside the city" and the buses that were under water wouldn't have been underwater had they been used for the evacuation before the storm.

I'm a Katrinite.

The Algiers Bus Barn at 801 Patterson Avenue 5 miles from the superdome was filled with buses that were neither under water nor "way outside the city" and the buses that were under water wouldn't have been underwater had they been used for the evacuation before the storm.

And if we could all see the future we'd all be trillionaires from playing the lottery too.

In our area it is about a two week ramp up before he shows up. Lots of people aren't officially told why until close to the day but it is obvious to most of the local government employees and word spreads around town fairly readily that Obama is coming. They've been there and done that, so when helicopters full of equipment are being brought in and people are having to drop everything and do strange things they normally don't do, then it is not that big of a secret for long.
The year the Obamas took a summer vacation in Bar Harbor, it turned it on its ear. I'm sure they loved having them come, but there was a big sigh of relief when the circus pulled out. Martha's Vineyard is larger and has better infrastructure for that type of thing.

The year the Obamas took a summer vacation in Bar Harbor, it turned it on its ear. I'm sure they loved having them come, but there was a big sigh of relief when the circus pulled out. Martha's Vineyard is larger and has better infrastructure for that type of thing.

I don't recall the exact number, but the last time Obama came to town it cost the city a mint in just OT pay and related expenses.

Forum List

Back