Low Approval Rating for Trump is Questionable

protectionist

Diamond Member
Oct 20, 2013
Did you ever get a phone call from a polling company, asking for your opinions ? I don’t get many but I am 70 years old, so I’ve had plenty of time to get them. Over the years, I’d say I’ve had about 15 of them (in 4 different states).

You know what I’ve noticed about them ? They all called my landline phone, and all during standard business hours (Monday – Friday; 9am – 5pm). Hmmm. That means it would be difficult to reach most people who are at work, wouldn’t it ? But it wouldn’t be difficult at all to reach Obama and Hillary’s welfare leeches, who could easily be expected to be home during those hours.

It kind of parallels the inaugurations comparison. Remember that ? Obama’s people bragging that he had more people at his inauguration than Trump had at his. Well why wouldn’t that happen when Obama’s jobless loafers are sitting at home in their living rooms watching TV when the poll-takers call ?

Trump got a majority of Americans to vote for him last November, and he’s been keeping his promises. The VA and military are finally getting more money. Illegal aliens are being deported (no more catch & release), and sanctuary city leaders are in hot water, with lots of people calling for them to be arrested and jailed. A Muslim ban of sorts was attempted (and we haven’t seen the last of that). Jobs have been saved from being outsourced. Corporate tax being lowered. Conservatives being nominated to the SCOTUS.

I see no reason whatsoever to believe the Monday – Friday; 9am – 5pm polls any more now, than I did during the presidential campaign. And I suspect that they are just as false and invalid now, as they were 6+ months ago when they fell flat on their faces, predicting a win for Hillary Clinton.

I knew a man who worked for a polling company. The questions are scientifically designed to get a particular result.

I was polled once during a local election. The questions asked, had me undeniably supporting one candidate when I staunchly supported the other.

A poll taker can have you accepting the next door neighbor as your mother.

protectionist just described himself as welfare leech. He fit his defintion profile of what a welfare leech is.

Did you ever get a phone call from a polling company, asking for your opinions ? I don’t get many but I am 70 years old, so I’ve had plenty of time to get them. Over the years, I’d say I’ve had about 15 of them (in 4 different states).

You know what I’ve noticed about them ? They all called my landline phone, and all during standard business hours (Monday – Friday; 9am – 5pm). Hmmm. That means it would be difficult to reach most people who are at work, wouldn’t it ? But it wouldn’t be difficult at all to reach Obama and Hillary’s welfare leeches, who could easily be expected to be home during those hours.

It kind of parallels the inaugurations comparison. Remember that ? Obama’s people bragging that he had more people at his inauguration than Trump had at his. Well why wouldn’t that happen when Obama’s jobless loafers are sitting at home in their living rooms watching TV when the poll-takers call ?

Trump got a majority of Americans to vote for him last November, and he’s been keeping his promises. The VA and military are finally getting more money. Illegal aliens are being deported (no more catch & release), and sanctuary city leaders are in hot water, with lots of people calling for them to be arrested and jailed. A Muslim ban of sorts was attempted (and we haven’t seen the last of that). Jobs have been saved from being outsourced. Corporate tax being lowered. Conservatives being nominated to the SCOTUS.

I see no reason whatsoever to believe the Monday – Friday; 9am – 5pm polls any more now, than I did during the presidential campaign. And I suspect that they are just as false and invalid now, as they were 6+ months ago when they fell flat on their faces, predicting a win for Hillary Clinton.
In the run up to this last election I was polled about six times. Always in the evening around dinner time. But I live in Ohio, a swing state, and our opinions helped shape polling data for good or ill.

I take umbrage at the notion those who turned out for President Obama's inauguration were "jobless loafers". Folks showed up to witness an historical event. Remember that? Trump was, by any and all accounts, one of the least likable, least popular nominees of all time. Remember that? It's no wonder his inaugural crowds were anemic.

And Trump did not have a 'majority of Americans" vote for him. Remember that? As a matter of fact, more Americans voted for Sec. Clinton. Only the arcane vagaries of the Electoral College system put Trump on the golf course with a Presidential seal on his golf bag.

And he is not keeping his promises. We still have Obamacare, there is no Muslim ban and his effort at 'draining the swamp' have given us more Goldman Sachs employees than there are still on Wall Street.

I knew a man who worked for a polling company. The questions are scientifically designed to get a particular result.

I was polled once during a local election. The questions asked, had me undeniably supporting one candidate when I staunchly supported the other.

Never considered you as being all that bright, all you ever have to do is cut off the conversation if you can't think your way through it in real time. You must be a willing patsy.

I also had a friend that explained alot of poll taking perspectives to me.

The first thing to note is that it is a competitive business as almost anyone with any college statistics can do a freaking poll. So the real distinction between the pollsters that go out of business and the ones that stay in business is that the successful ones know how to get the client the results that they want while making it all look valid through the methodology that hey used.

The one method he personally worked with was to collect data on zip codes that had eccentric qualities to them, like Catholic zip codes where the majority supported abortion rights, or Democrats that supported the death penalty, that sort of thing. Then they could get the demographic profile that they wanted by simply going to those eccentric zip codes to get that particular demographic covered in the poll.

What he told me was to look at the unrelated results to masking questions, like in the 2016 polls in the POTUS election, often times they would ask how the person supported more on signature issues that the respective parties make their bread and butter issues. IF the poll is deliberately skewed to one side or the other, then you will see the other sides representation much lower than normal. That indicates that the polling company is using unrepresentative eccentric zip codes or similar techniques to get a skewed representation of the voters. For example, these polls that kept showing Trump getting less support than Hillary on border security or law and order issues were give-aways that the polls did not add up and were skewed.

But I was talking to the brick walls apparently. Only Ice WEazel seemed to grasp what I was getting at and was in agreement mostly. He got the Brexit factor much more accurately than I did.

In the run up to this last election I was polled about six times. Always in the evening around dinner time. But I live in Ohio, a swing state, and our opinions helped shape polling data for good or ill.

I take umbrage at the notion those who turned out for President Obama's inauguration were "jobless loafers". Folks showed up to witness an historical event. Remember that? Trump was, by any and all accounts, one of the least likable, least popular nominees of all time. Remember that? It's no wonder his inaugural crowds were anemic.

And Trump did not have a 'majority of Americans" vote for him. Remember that? As a matter of fact, more Americans voted for Sec. Clinton. Only the arcane vagaries of the Electoral College system put Trump on the golf course with a Presidential seal on his golf bag.

And he is not keeping his promises. We still have Obamacare, there is no Muslim ban and his effort at 'draining the swamp' have given us more Goldman Sachs employees than there are still on Wall Street.

1. Only the liberal FAKE NEWS media calls Trump "least likable, least popular" You expect us to believe that ? :rolleyes:

2. Trump DID have a 'majority of Americans" vote for him. Hillary got million of illegal alien votes.

3. When 2 more conservatives are added to the SCOTUS, everything will be taken care of - Obamacare, Muslim ban. etc

I have been well aware for a long time you have no clue about most things.

Trump's ratings are low, they are accurate, because Trump is an asshole and poor politicians who lies all the time, protectionist.
HA HA
You're pathetic Jokey. And hypocritical along with all the other liberals. Did you vote for Hillary ? Accept her LYING TV ads, did you ? And pretend they were truth ? You're good for laughs.

You have every right to your silly opinions, protectionist which often you pretend are fact. They are not. I voted for McMullin. You did not vote, right?

Last edited:
the 4th branch of govt (the media) is in for a big overhaul in 2017-2018. Keep watching.

You can tell us that again when he is removed from office.
So that's your dream now, huh ?

EARTH TO JOKE STARKEY: 2 months from now there will be a conservative majority on the SCOTUS (the last 2 nominated by Trump) I hate to break this to you, but in addition to that, conservatives rule in congress and the executive branch.

Executive - Conservative

Both houses of Congress - Conservative

Supreme Court - Conservative

Liberals: Time to invest in a plane ticket to Canada (one way)

Conservative does not equal Republican, you silly.

Trump is a demlite, not a conservative.

SCOTUS is centrist right not conservative.

Congress is centrist right not conservative.

And the pendulum will swing again as you well know.

well people evidently have short memories........the polls on November 7th of last year were wrong to the level of stoopid.

Forum List

Back