Machester suicide bombing prompts security rethinks worldwide

MindWars

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2016
Countries from the United States to Japan and Singapore are considering tightening security ahead of major theater and sports events following a suicide bomb attack in Britain that killed at least 22 people.

Manchester Suicide Bombing Prompts ‘Security Rethinks’ Worldwide
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh now what shall we ever do , maybe keeping those border wide open will help and show them how much we love them.

I would like to remind you of the Bundy's, Christian Patriots, Oklahoma bombing, Dylan Roof, most of our attacks are home grown, and even by many Vets.

I would like to remind you of the Bundy's, Christian Patriots, Oklahoma bombing, Dylan Roof, most of our attacks are home grown, and even by many Vets.
No. Those are all poor mentally ill individuals. If they were muslim, it would be terrorism.

Children as 'collateral damage'...
eek.gif

When Children Are the Target
24 May 2017 | When it comes to collateral damage, nothing is more poignant than images of children, maimed or killed.
It is a reality of war that it's conduct creates collateral damage -- a euphemism for the destruction of non-military targets and the death of innocent civilians. No matter how carefully a military force conducts its operations, innocents will be caught in the crossfire. A reality that is all the more likely when the opposing side uses civilians and institutions like schools, churches and hospitals to give itself cover. When it comes to collateral damage, nothing is more poignant than images of children, maimed or killed, as the violence of war engulfs them.

On May 22, a British-born suicide bomber of Libyan ancestry detonated an improvised explosive device outside a stadium in Manchester, England. I will not say his name. He deserves nothing more than the anonymity of a coward. At the time the American pop star Ariana Grande was holding a concert, one of a number that had been planned as part of a worldwide tour. The attack resulted in the deaths of 22 people, mostly children. 120 people were injured 59 of whom were hospitalized. About 20 remain in critical condition. They ranged in age from eight-year-old Saffie-Rose Roussos to a middle-aged Polish couple residing in York who were waiting to pick up their daughters, Alex and Patrycja. The girls are safe, now orphans.

pray-for-manchester-1500-23-may-2017-ts600.jpeg

People sit under a billboard in Manchester city center, Tuesday May 23, 2017, the day after the suicide attack at an Ariana Grande concert that left 22 people dead as it ended on Monday night.​

It is impossible to find any geopolitical significance in the attack. The music of Ariana Grande is not particularly political. She is not associated with issues that are socially or politically controversial. There was no defining ethnic, social or political characteristic in her audience; no emotional or historical significance to the venue or its location. It was a stadium full of young girls and their mothers. We cannot therefore escape the fact that the deaths of the children that resulted from the Manchester bombing were not collateral damage -- they were the target.

Miss Grande cancelled the rest of her tour and went home. Understandable, what 23-year-old girl who suddenly finds herself in a war zone wouldn't run to the safety of home and its gated protection? Still, in doing so she validated the bomber's actions. The message to other would be suicide bombers intent on shutting down the decadent music of the West is unmistakable. Blow yourself up outside the entrance of a concert venue, take a few infidel children with you and that will be the end of the concert tour.

How does a civilization die? Certainly, its members can be subject to a genocidal extermination either by disease or by willful slaughter. History is replete with such examples, including sadly, our own treatment of the native peoples of the Americas. The symbols of a civilization, the cultural artifacts that define it and illustrate its evolution can be destroyed. The Nazis burned books, destroyed art, melted down into anonymity religious artifacts made of precious metals. So too, did the Spanish conquerors of the civilizations of the Americas. The use of a language can be banned as the British did, from the Gaelic of the Scottish Highlands to the Afrikaans of the Transvaal. But most of all civilizations die when they lose their voice.

MORE

See also:

Manchester attack: Ariana Grande plans benefit gig
Sat, 27 May 2017 - Pop star Ariana Grande is to return to Manchester for a benefit gig in aid of the terror victims.
The American star said her "heart, prayers and deepest condolences" were with the victims of the Manchester attack. "I don't want to go the rest of the year without being able to see and hold and uplift my fans," the singer added. Twenty-two people were killed in the explosion at the Manchester Arena.

'Hand and heart'

The singer tweeted: "There is nothing I or anyone can do to take away the pain you are feeling or to make this better. "However I extend my hand and heart and everything I possibly can give to you and yours, should you want or need help in any way." The star said: "I'll be returning to the incredibly brave city of Manchester to spend time with my fans and to have a benefit concert in honour and raise money for the victims and their families."

_96222452_855454e1-7d3d-405f-8c65-762781d452f3.jpg

The singer said she wanted to spend time with her fans​

She continued: "Our response to this violence must be to come closer together, to help each other, to love more, to sing louder and to live more kindly and generously than we did before."

'We will continue'

The singer said she wanted the current tour to be "a safe space" for her fans to "express themselves". "This will not change that," she added. "We will continue in honour of the ones we lost, their loved ones, my fans and all affected by this tragedy. "They will be on my mind and in my heart everyday and I will think of them with everything I do for the rest of my life." The star said she would reveal further details once the gig had been confirmed.

Manchester attack: Ariana Grande plans benefit gig - BBC News

Forum List

Back