Majority Black High School Has 100% COLLEGE Admission FOR THE 7th year in a row

Hey look, another AA success story. It's nice how easy they have made it for black people to go to college, earned solely based on the color of their skin.

Congratulations for being black!

Hey look, another AA success story. It's nice how easy they have made it for black people to go to college, earned solely based on the color of their skin.

Congratulations for being black!

spongebob-butthurt.gif

I wonder how far down the school had to lower their academic standards to achieve this publicity stunt? ...... :dunno:

I wonder how far down the school had to lower their academic standards to achieve this publicity stunt? ...... :dunno:

And how many colleges are in on it too!!
f7FdEdG.jpg

You know as well as I, colleges are always looking for AA fodder. It makes them look good. On top of that, many of those graduating are going to college on sports scholarships.

The fact is, the Urban Prep. prepares their kids worse than the regular public schools. No joke.

Yet, under U. S. Secretary of Education Arne Duncan’s new Race
to the Top (RTTT) program, which encourages the closure of failing schools, this school
likely would be considered failing3. Why? Because its standardized test scores are
abysmal. In spite of dedicated teachers, close counselor-student relationships, and an
administration that cares for and supports each student , Urban Prep’s students achieved an average ACT score of 16.54, which is below the average of 17.6 achieved by Chicago Public School students in 20085. Further, only 12 percent of Urban Prep students met the college readiness benchmark in reading and 36 percent met it in English6. When looking at test scores alone, Urban Prep is a failing school.
http://www.luc.edu/media/lucedu/law...s/Eleana_Lindsey.pdf#page=1&zoom=auto,-43,540

You wont see this on the news. :up:

How misleading. If you actually read their website, 100% of high school graduates are going on to college. They don't , however, post the graduation rates. I looked, found an article from 2011 that states their graduation rate was effectively 63% , which is still higher than average for negroes nationwide but not even close to the 100% figure they lead us to believe.. I'd like to see their graduation rate for 2016.

Some Truth About Urban Prep and Why It Matters

Forum List

Back